KJakker

Hard Drive Space related to ThirdWire?

So I was wondering how much space I had devoted to all of the ThirdWire games. I added up everything in my ThirdWire install directory, my ThirdWire Saved Games directory, and my TW Mods storage and got the following numbers. The summarized size may be off due to how Windows rounds things but the total of bytes, files, and folders are exact.

Total SF2/FE2 Files:
Size: 909.04 GB (976,863,996,113‬ bytes‬‬)
Size on disk: 913.07 GB‬ (981,903,534,432‬‬ bytes)
Contains: 1,759,657‬‬ Files, 155,449‬ Folders

How much space are you devoting to ThirdWire related files?

500gig sansdik ssd just for sf stuff...not including mods im doing ,and stuff downloaded.etc thats another 600gig maybe lol

Almost 130GB on a 500GB SSD

Edited by JohnLewis141997

30 minutes ago, russouk2004 said:

500gig sansdik ssd just for sf stuff...not including mods im doing ,and stuff downloaded.etc thats another 600gig maybe lol

Wow mate that's a lot

I think I'm at 100GB or so.

My file library of SF2 files alone is 332 GB, my primary SFNA build is 44.3~ GB, my secondary SFNA Build for Nihon Hitori 2020 is 5.83 GB, and the root SF2 is 10.5 GB so 393~ GB.

at least 500 gigs. never have actually sat down and figured to total

Hmmm, let's say, combining all binaries, tools, installs, storage and version controlled stores...

Behold my insanity, mortals !

Files : 5 041 927

Folders : 361 580

Size : about 2.57TB

And that's fairly conservative because the largest part resides on a compressed partition and half of it are archives (the largest being one 24GB file, which unarchived would be 160GB and about 400k files).

To be fair, that also includes some research material mixed in.

The oldest file is from January 2003 (Deuce's Euro Terrain).

Even for the part that is properly tagged, indexed and linked to my search engine, it takes quite some time to find anything.

Never worry about the space you devote to your hobbies, there's always a madman out there who will make you look reasonable. :D

Edited by Gunrunner
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

I can't remember exactly how much but my modded installs although are definitely several hundred GBs. It took a long time to back them up! 

My gaming PC is currently on a ship somewhere out in the Atlantic - however, I've backed up all my SF2 files on, not one but two external HDDs. I may even move some files onto my laptop just to really be safe! 

• Like 1

163 GB on a 930 GB hard drive used just for games. Plus some of the mods that I'm not currently playing are stored on a backup drive. That's probably about 30 GB.