So to any Ace Combat Fans here like me, I found some voice packs from Ace Combat and I am thinking about making these to Speech files for SF2, depending what I can work with I try and as much of the speech files I can, These will range from 5, 0 and 4 voice packs

@DEVIL11

Edited by JohnLewis141997
  • Like 2

I am an AC fan too!

I have speech files from the PS2 Ace Combat games, but I see it's difficult to obtain anything useful to replace all of the speech files of SF. I doubt you'll find exact words that match SF's way of applying in-game speech. That being said, I wish you luck. Ace Combat voiceovers are a huge, beautiful part of the game series.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Menrva said:

I am an AC fan too!

I have speech files from the PS2 Ace Combat games, but I see it's difficult to obtain anything useful to replace all of the speech files of SF. I doubt you'll find exact words that match SF's way of applying in-game speech. That being said, I wish you luck. Ace Combat voiceovers are a huge, beautiful part of the game series.

Actually I done quite a bit mostly AC4 voices since it says what line they are what makes it way easier to know what to use but I'll cut out the ones that I can't find to replace 

BELKADIDNOTHINGWRONG 

SALVATION! DEATHS OF MILLIONS IS A NECESSITY 

Yo Buddy, You still alive?

image.png.0dd060abc456a94b4f491e30c16bc4b5.png

14 minutes ago, JohnLewis141997 said:

Actually I done quite a bit mostly AC4 voices since it says what line they are what makes it way easier to know what to use but I'll cut out the ones that I can't find to replace

Cool, looking forward to this. Have a look at the Speech Enhancement mod I had released time ago; it uses modded stock audio files, and it replaces all voiceover files. You can better understand how the system works, through the SpeechSystem.ini file.

14 minutes ago, JohnLewis141997 said:

SALVATION! DEATHS OF MILLIONS IS A NECESSITY 

They really created a meme with the AC7 DLCs. Captain Torres is such a well made character, although for 3 missions only.

Edited by Menrva

1 minute ago, Menrva said:

Cool, looking forward to this. Have a look at the Speech Enhancement mod I had released time ago; it uses modded stock audio files, and it replaces all voiceover files. You can better understand how the system works, through the SpeechSystem.ini file.

They really created a meme with the AC7 DLCs. Captain Torres was such a well made character, although for 3 missions only.

He properly lost it because Huxian knocked over his Cola 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Menrva said:

I am an AC fan too!

I am almost obsessed with Ace Combat it is my life, I have played all of them, even though I believe 5 is overrated, AH is a guilty pleasure and 2, 3(JP), 0, 6, X and 7 are my favorite 

• Like 2

Yes, I know what you mean. It's a beautiful game series, especially for its themes and soundtracks. It's a pity it is so overlooked. It deserves more attention.

AH was a good game, just not a good Ace Combat game. They should have released it without the Ace Combat brand name.

• Like 2

Hi there, also an AC fan!

4 hours ago, JohnLewis141997 said:

I am almost obsessed with Ace Combat it is my life, I have played all of them, even though I believe 5 is overrated, AH is a guilty pleasure and 2, 3(JP), 0, 6, X and 7 are my favorite 

I truly love AC5, also 2, 3, 4 and 0! I remember when I started making 3D stuff, I tried to make the super fighters like ADFX-01 Morgan, or some of the cool looking futuristic ones from AC3 like the R-101 Delphinus and the R-211 Orcinus, but they are either lost or lame hahaha. I also tried to make a R311 able to reach Mach 4 but that was too ambitious by then :lol:

3 hours ago, Menrva said:

especially for its themes and soundtracks.

Totally agree! I have been using every AC soundtrack during studying sessions for years hahahaha

I always wondered if there was a way to put AC music into SF series. I also remember putting it in my headphones meanwhile I was flying with my F-4 over Paran hahaha

1 hour ago, nuni said:

I always wondered if there was a way to put AC music into SF series. I also remember putting it in my headphones meanwhile I was flying with my F-4 over Paran hahaha

I use this little batch tool: http://www.simwarrior.com/sfp1/BackTrax.html

It basically runs a lightweight music player in background. You can specify your music files and how they should be played, in order or randomly. It's not a perfect method, but it works.

Edited by Menrva
  • Thanks 1

Guessing you are doing it for your own use, as there might be some legal issues when making it for public use...

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, yakarov79 said:

Guessing you are doing it for your own use, as there might be some legal issues when making it for public use...

We are talking about sounds. I have seen sound packs using sounds and voiceovers from other videogames, and no one issued complaints (not to mention some menu mods containing well known songs from the 80s and so on). The original PS2 Ace Combat games are no longer sold by the developer, nor the voiceovers are their work (the original games are all in Japanese, third parties always did the work to translate them in English for international releases on behalf of Namco). I think legal issues would arise if using sound files from the last releases of the game series which the developers still sell. I don't know, the admins have the last word.

I would be more concerned about 3d models which are ripped from copyrighted sources (including videogames), actually.

8 hours ago, Menrva said:

They really created a meme with the AC7 DLCs. Captain Torres is such a well made character, although for 3 missions only.

Speaking of Ace Combat 7, might use the character profile pictures as the pilotdata pictures  

1 hour ago, JohnLewis141997 said:

Speaking of Ace Combat 7, might use the character profile pictures as the pilotdata pictures  

Well, I suggest that you keep that for your own use only. It shouldn't be shared.

If you use other games stuff...thats up to you but you CANNOT share it here...or anywhere if it comes to it....unless you get the creators permission....Its not hard to do...as my adventures with Virtavia.com and The creators of the DCS HawkT1a  proves...ask and most often they will allow it.

I can have ANY model in SF series I want in 3ds max in 5 minutes and in few hours have a working copy model...but dont...well IHavedone but only for references..and deleted them after ....and personal use ONLY....unless Its converted from a model that ive permission to...like the Kamov Helo....

Edited by russouk2004

10 minutes ago, Menrva said:

Well, I suggest that you keep that for your own use only. It shouldn't be shared.

Okay wouldn't want Bandai Namco  after me for Copyrighting lol

2 hours ago, Menrva said:

We are talking about sounds. I have seen sound packs using sounds and voiceovers from other videogames, and no one issued complaints (not to mention some menu mods containing well known songs from the 80s and so on). The original PS2 Ace Combat games are no longer sold by the developer, nor the voiceovers are their work (the original games are all in Japanese, third parties always did the work to translate them in English for international releases on behalf of Namco). I think legal issues would arise if using sound files from the last releases of the game series which the developers still sell. I don't know, the admins have the last word.

I would be more concerned about 3d models which are ripped from copyrighted sources (including videogames), actually.

Vector Trust has a mod that has AC voice overs and aircraft models as well as YS Flight with the 3D models, I know it's not relevant but on Silent Hunter 3 a megamod for it called GWX 3.0 enables voiceovers from DAS BOOT, plus there are speech packs on this site that are from likes of Jane's Flight Sim and IL-2 1946

16 minutes ago, JohnLewis141997 said:

plus there are speech packs on this site that are from likes of Jane's Flight Sim and IL-2 1946

Exactly. As I said, I see no real issue about this. We're talking about sounds from no longer sold videogames (Ace Combat trilogy for the PS2 from early 2000s), not the latest ones which are still sold officially by the brand publishers and/or developers. Long story short, the developers and publishers of the Ace Combat series (Bandai Namco) can no longer sell the mentioned Ace Combat titles due to licensing issues (they built aircraft with licensing from the likes of Northrop, Boeing, Panavia, SAAB, etc.). This does not apply to their recent releases.

@russouk2004 3d models are a different matter (not the discussion of this thread), and that's what we should be more cautious about; I obviously agree about it.

Obviously, admins have the last word on it. I think it's way more troublesome to see sound files from games which are still sold and copyrighted, such as IL-2 1946, Enemy Engaged, and Falcon 4.0, and those are already shared here at CA.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, JohnLewis141997 said:

Okay wouldn't want Bandai Namco  after me for Copyrighting lol

lol...just contact em and then you will know for sure...you may be suprised...most devs are usually fine if u ask.

I’m also a big ace combat fan and can’t wait to use the ac speeches for strike fighters 

1 hour ago, russouk2004 said:

lol...just contact em and then you will know for sure...you may be suprised...most devs are usually fine if u ask.

I definitely would, but I don't know Japanese :haha:

Surely, there must be someone in their offices that speaks English???

9 hours ago, Wrench said:

Surely, there must be someone in their offices that speaks English???

You wouldn't believe it, but it isn't so. At least, the developers themselves. Publishers are a different matter, Bandai Namco is huge worldwide and have departments in the US and France, and the Ace Combat series is such a niche product they don't really know about. However, some fans of the Ace Combat brand learnt Japanese and manage to speak with the brand game director via Twitter. This guy even got the opportunity to interview him, after he learnt Japanese; 

As I said and explained extensively above, I can assure you that using sounds from their old videogames which are no longer sold (I mean, kb of .wav files) is really no issue. We're not making money out of this.

Also, only with the recent Ace Combat 7 game, PC modding started to be a possibility for this game series. The developers seemed pretty open-minded about it, and allowed some of their previous 3d models to be ported and used on their current game (this does not mean that their 3d models can be used elsewhere).

In this thread, we've been discussing about using a few sounds taken from the no longer officially sold Ace Combat games for PS2, not their latest game which is fresh of release; due to licensing issues I explained previously, even developers themselves can no longer make money out of their old titles.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 1

image.png.34f0f5e9495461f4c5183782424f3134.png

Lol cheers m8  Diolch Yn Fawr..

Edited by russouk2004