Sign in to follow this  
allenjb42

Asymmetrical Load on Twin Missile Rail?

I'm not sure if this one has been asked before...

I'm creating some DACM loadouts for my USAF aircraft for Red Flag style hops on the Nellis Range terrain and would like my A-10's to carry an ACMI pod on one rail and a practice Sidewinder on the other rail of the LAU-105 twin missile rail, like this..

large.A-10.jpg.229d7849fd9804d8810ac3d3d

Is it possible?

From what I gather from dual rails it's not possible in the current game engine.

Define a twin rail launcher with only one position defined (AFAIR that works, but that's only necessary if you don't hide the pylon from the player), add a new pylon for the ACMI pod, however it will require some trial and error to position it properly, of course that means you must have at least one free pylon position in the DATA ini.

Ideally you would then put both these pylons hidden as part of Group 7 and use your loadout file to force them loading the way you want.

I could whip up an example when I get more time if you have no clue what I'm talking about... are you trying to do so for TW's A-10 or one of the others ?

Edited by Gunrunner

So, something like that ? It's a quick proof of concept using the stock A-10A (78)  and uses 3 StationIDs (the single rail 2IR trick doesn't work the way I remembered).

Files are minimally commented, search them for ";/!\" to find comments about changed or added parts.

Keep in mind that due to the engine's limitation, you will lose player selectable weapon stations. If only GroupLimit worked with StationGroupIDs beyond 6.

img00001.JPG

Objects.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That’s great! Thanks so much Gunrunner. Yes it’s for the TW stock A-10s.

Will try it when I get home from work tonight.

I think there is a more elegant way to do this but I'll have to check my installs to remember how I did it. If you are out of StationID and are fine with always having the LAU-105 (and maybe ACMI) on, you could replace these two Stations with FakePilot entries.

Edited by Gunrunner