Now what? :smile: Are you making one? Are you requesting one? Are you just posting a general overviewmap of the region?

Feel free to write a few more words...it just makes it much easier for all of us.

Edited by Nyghtfall
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

While the map itself can be interesting ( all maps are interesting at some point) but I do not see much potential use of it. Current conflict? Generally one side air superiority. Running missions against ground targets? Only? 

I can understand that some of CAusers can be hyper about flying Russian Su against ground targets...but I think with this game engine - this can be boring after a while.

And yes there can be What If campaign. But for that, there are many other interesting parts of the world that can be used...and at this point, the topic can transform into a wish list...

Earth Map

earthmap.thumb.jpg.ea51cbb967dee0c9a7a208b9a3ceeceb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, unitedLoves said:

NO :wink:

Edited by Soulfreak
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Menrva said:

Earth Map

earthmap.thumb.jpg.ea51cbb967dee0c9a7a208b9a3ceeceb.jpg

Available in 2 weeks?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Since the topic starter comes from Turkey, i guess he wants to fly turkish jets to protect islamistic rebels, Al-Kaida and IS forces against the bad, godless russians and shia troops from Iran, Lebanon and Assads alewitish squadrons.

As far as i know there is no map, which covers the area of the turkish syrian border. But this would be no big problem to build such a terrain. The question is, who should do that. AFAIK all terrain builders are working on their own projects. For me it is rebuilding Battle of Britain terrain and a new version of Kuril Islands, so i have no time to start an other project.

The solution would be: help yourself, so help you god. ( no matter what god you believe in)

A tutorial, how to make a terrain, is available at Knowledgebase of Strike Fighters 1, here in this forum.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, Soulfreak said:

NO :wink:

Wrong...

fSLy6ed.jpg

• Like 1

What offers:

Syria, Israel and Turkey for Syrian Civil War, with more proper tileset, desert when desert and med coast tileset, bases where are due, road network and targets on mentioned areas.

What it needs:

Erase targets in Turkey west and in Greece, and maybe add more targets in Syria proper.

Would love to have a transition tile for the DARK SEA/MED SEA ocean tiles.

Sorry but got distracted by Soviet/Polish border for FE. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stratos said:

Wrong...

fSLy6ed.jpg

A good start for an anti-ISIS campaign.  Also for a lotta Israeli fighter jet action!

Edited by JosefK
  • Thanks 1

yawn

my rebuild of Gepard's Isreal2, while not actually having Turkey, they could concievably fly from Cyprus

israel2_PlanningMap3.thumb.jpg.2157831540f98ef609bd1ee53e4cab4a.jpg

Let us not forget PureBlue's Anatolia map. Would need a lot of reworking (retiling, retargeting) of course. Looks like that's what Stratos is showing.

Anatolia_MAP3.jpg

Sounds like a good learning project for a budding terraformer

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If you guys think is needed, I can repaint Cyprus in MED tileset

here ya go

onc_g_4.jpg

• Like 1

Hi everybody. I love the combat ace family. I want the map of Syria exactly as the friends say, but the tiles should be realistic like the map of Israel. And Turkey's NATO air strike that also want to revive the civil war in Syria, the Russian. In addition, the region is very lively in terms of air combat in real life. The last 2 su-24 were even dropped. My English is not good so I apologize if my articles are wrong.

Edited by Wrench
fixed font size. your welcom
  • Like 3

On 02.03.2020 at 21:27, JosefK said:

IŞİD karşıtı bir kampanya için iyi bir başlangıç. Ayrıca İsrail savaş uçağı bir sürü için!

You're absolutely right, buddy. For a long time, no realistic map has come to Strike Fighters 2. I'm someone who chooses a little. Except for Germany, Israel, Swus, Vietnam and Sweden, there are no maps with real looking tiles. Anatolia is appropriate but it is very bad for me in terms of dimensional and tile views. For example, Israel map is the most beautiful. If this is the northern part. Incirlik base, bases in Cyprus. Even the French aircraft carrier is now in the eastern Mediterranean. Russian warships. What else is there in the S-400? Without a map, it is not fictional.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, unitedLoves said:

I want the map of Syria exactly as the friends say, but the tiles should be realistic like the map of Israel.

I want lighsaber but still, I am able to write in normal font size. 

back to the topic. 

The easiest way is to say - I want.

I wish it could be - How can I help to make it happen. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Also, he seems to judge a terrain solely by its tileset. Some terrains have good tilesets, but their geography and locations are utterly wrong. Others are very accurate to the Real World, but use older tilesets. Vietnam is an example, we have good-looking tilesets for it, but it's one of the most inaccurate terrains I have ever seen, and it's even a stock product.

PS: good terrains don't grow on trees, they can require months of (unpaid) work, and eventually such works are released for free here. I could quickly make something that barely resembles Syria, with zero accuracy and zero details but with the Syria name on it, and with a very good looking desert tileset. As always, it seems mediocre products would pay off better than quality ones (quality is what I would always aim for in all of my projects, no matter what).

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

no realistic map has come to Strike Fighters 2.

I, personally, find THAT statement highly insulting. I don't have to tell any long term members what I've gone through to bring out the best and most accurate product within the (serious) limitation of the game engine. Terrains for EVERY era ....

BUT...

I think we're seeing not only translation difficulties, but a general lack of understanding of the game itself, how it works under the hood, and how long it actually takes to bring out 95%+ accurate terrain map - or any other product. You all know that it took me 2 years for the KAW map so...

So...

for the first time in my 16 years involved with the SF series, I'm will to give the benefit of the doubt. (those that know me know that don't happen often, or at all)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Wrench´s terrains could not be better because the Game´s engine limitation. He reach the highest peek.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

no realistic map has come to Strike Fighters 2.

photorealistic uk map ?....what a stupid statement....if your not happy with whats here...suggest you make 1 ? 

game was lacking some types of planes...so I learnt how to make them...rather than rant 

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Wilches said:

Wrench´s terrains could not be better because the Game´s engine limitation. He reach the highest peek.

Mybe it could, if we only know how the lod based Terrain (SF2 NA) really works...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Soulfreak said:

if we only know how the lod based Terrain (SF2 NA) really works...

Actually, I disagree. The terrain as a LOD is just plain horrible under many aspects, poor optimization and framerate unfriendly. The only good thing about the LOD terrain is the water shaders, but TK could make something similar for the TOD terrains. Also, another disadvantage of LOD terrains, you would have to manually add hundreds of thousands of 3d models of city buildings and trees. Not only it is incredibly time consuming, it also worsens the framerate by a lot. The game would have to deal with too many 3d models on screen and with huge LOD chunks of the terrain's land and water.

If only we had a TOD editor with a user-friendly interface not prone to crash countless times, we would improve the TOD terrains to new levels.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Menrva said:

If only we had a TOD editor with a user-friendly interface not prone to crash countless times, we would improve the TOD terrains to new levels.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

• Like 1