If only we had a TOD editor with a user-friendly interface not prone to crash countless times, we would improve the TOD terrains to new levels.

Tell it brother!! I can't even count the time that frelling TE crashed on me with doing a "flood" fill of tiles or building TODs. Let's not forget the object limit for alphas and solids.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Menrva said:

If only we had a TOD editor with a user-friendly interface not prone to crash countless times, we would improve the TOD terrains to new levels.

Yes that would be a mile Stone as the Target Area Editor & Lod Viewer...

• Like 1

Maybe we should make a Kickstarter and ask Mue to build one for us! rofl :lol:

Backing to the main object - Is the Syria map on the making?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

BTW strahi, what a great work you did on Balkans map!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 02/03/2020 at 8:41 PM, Wrench said:

yawn

my rebuild of Gepard's Isreal2, while not actually having Turkey, they could concievably fly from Cyprus

israel2_PlanningMap3.thumb.jpg.2157831540f98ef609bd1ee53e4cab4a.jpg

Let us not forget PureBlue's Anatolia map. Would need a lot of reworking (retiling, retargeting) of course. Looks like that's what Stratos is showing.

Anatolia_MAP3.jpg

Sounds like a good learning project for a budding terraformer

Hi

One slightly related question :

Which map do you think fits best to the French Navy / USNavy operations in Lebanon in 1982-3 ?

It should be "naval compatible" or have carrier stations close to Beiruth.

As a nice whatif, Cyprus British Airbases should be available for RAF Buccanneers and AMI F104S which operated there for a brief moment.

I would imagine a "rolling thunder" type of operation against the Syrian Forces for instance

Israel 2 seems ok, but I think it was not compatible with Naval operation from memory

any map can easily be converted for CV usage. you just need the lines added to the main ini for NavalMap, and the correct style _water.bmp (in proper formatting) with the CV zone painted on

• Like 1

It's been 2 years no map :D
Let the SF2 be refueled now... I also want it to be online... In addition, I want the ability to select targets separately with the sniper pod.
In addition to all these, let the Aegean map come...
Swus map is very nice but there are no cities...
Also, someone should take the time and add lights to every building and streets and roads in the Germnay map.
A friend did some lighting in the buildings, but it wasn't good.
Take the time to add lighting lights at airports to cities...
You do them and I'll give you whatever you want.
PS: I have a lightsaber and I am an atheist
  • Haha 1

Before I forget, I want a map of Ukraine... The Black Sea map is like mud stuck with paint. Is not nice... Make Ukraine map using Germany map tiles... Then do some nice camping...

Anything else you want? Should I bring you some coffe while you wait? Cause you're gonna need some hectoliters of it. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Stratos said:

Anything else you want? Should I bring you some coffe while you wait? Cause you're gonna need some hectoliters of it. 

COOKIES !!!!

Edited by jeanba
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, unitedLoves said:

Let the SF2 be refueled now... I also want it to be online... In addition, I want the ability to select targets separately with the sniper pod.
Also, someone should take the time and add lights to every building and streets and roads in the Germnay map.

It took nine years I think for Sphocles to make his superb F5A (Greek), just to explain you

(but anyway, what about my cookies, it's been at least 2 minutes I ordered them)

• Like 1

Just now, jeanba said:

It took nine years I think for Sphocles to make his superb F5A (Greek), just to explain you

(but anyway, what about my cookies, it's been at least 2 minutes I ordered them)

They're in the oven!! Please be patient! rofl

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, unitedLoves said:

That's the spirit... :bad:

I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want....

I am excited to see a tiny bit of modding done by you...I am sure all the stuff you want will long be available by then.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, unitedLoves said:

Before I forget, I want a map of Ukraine... The Black Sea map is like mud stuck with paint. Is not nice... Make Ukraine map using Germany map tiles... Then do some nice camping...

If you want something, then do it yourself. Or shut up!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'd like 20/20 vision (or failing that, "regular" vision in my right eye), but that ain't happening either.

As has been said thousands of time ... if you can't wait, build it yourself. Stop complaining and acting like a whiny child. I've got a CBI map that's been in the works for OVER 6 years -- it ain't coming soon either.

• Like 3

Guys, I'm being ironic...

I love Combatace and the Sf2 family... Everyone is making and sharing thousands of patches for free, and it's such a great value.

I also have an idea. I'm thinking of buying all the rights of SF2 from Thidwire and establishing an online system later, but the dollar is very high in my country right now.

Edited by unitedLoves

I’ve taken five years’ vacation from simming and modding to get through grad school.  I’ve decided to get back into it a little. 

• Like 6