Sign in to follow this  
Flyingeye76

Newbie Q: Weapons packs

"22. How do I add weapons to the game?

Manually adding weapons requires the use of the Weapons Editor released by ThirdWire--it is an advanced procedure that should only be attempted by experienced users. However, the Weapons Pack Team regularly releases new, easy to install weapons packs for SF. Download the latest Weapons Pack from CombatAce and you will be up to date!"

I've downloaded the latest weapon pack which lacked any instructions on where to install all those new files. The most logical place to unzip them to seems to be the Objects file but I could be way off.

I know there are instructions on how to manually create new weaponds but it's clear that all those files are meant to be dropped somewhere.

Edited by Flyingeye76

Guest Saganuay82

Where was that from?

Make sure you place all of the addon weapons from the pack into your OBJECTS folder. I think the weapon editor is included with it now.

Open the weapon editor and find the weaponadata.ini file in the weapon folder.

Open that file and click SAVE and thats it. That will creat e a new weapondata.dat file and your game will see the new weapons for use and loadout.

Where was that from?

Make sure you place all of the addon weapons from the pack into your OBJECTS folder.  I think the weapon editor is included with it now.

Open the weapon editor and find the weaponadata.ini file in the weapon folder.

Open that file and click SAVE and thats it.  That will creat e a new weapondata.dat file and your game will see the new weapons for use and loadout.

-------------------------

Thanks Saganuay, although it seems that the solution was easier than I thought!

Basically I got it by taking the weapons folder and putting it in the Object folder like you said alongside of the 3 files unziped with the packet. I didn't have to use the editor at all! I checked and I got all the new weapons on the extra planes I'm installing for the 1962 campaign.

What I was doing wrong was directly taking the entire folder and putting it into another weapons folder in the objects folder. Or in other words double folders.

Guest Saganuay82

Ahhh the old double folder trick huh?