Still flying and enjoying the amazing su-57 fighter. made another cool "fictional" skin and wanted to know what you guys think. 

1.jpg

• Like 2

Very nice sorta fictional skin!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yakarov79 said:

This is a pirated model?

Yes, IIRC it was ripped from Ace Combat Assault Horizon. But the model is not allowed here, obviously.

Also, thread has been opened at The Pub. it should be moved elsewhere where more appropriate.

Edited by Menrva

1 hour ago, Menrva said:

Yes, IIRC it was ripped from Ace Combat Assault Horizon. But the model is not allowed here, obviously.

so why this model is distributed here on CA. And skins for non CA model. 

And recently we had a conflict with skins for a model from another site....and that didn't end well. 

to the best of my knowledge, the LOD is NOT here. Unfortuntately (as recently seen) we really can't stop people from doing things. We can only warn them, advise them and hope they understand and follow site policy.

Why did the OP post here in The Pub, instead of the right SF forum? Obviously, not paying attention to location. It's happened before, and it'll happen again

You'll also notice the OP never said what game it's for. While I'm quite sure it for the SF series, without knowing WHICH one, I can't move the thread to where it belongs

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, yakarov79 said:

so why this model is distributed here on CA. And skins for non CA model.

I should have explained better, the model is not distributed here, it's nowhere to be found, as Wrench said.

And yes, I think it's kind of silly to allow skins for those pirated 3d models. Nothing wrong with the skins themselves, but new users would always ask where to find a 3d model for those skins...

Edited by Menrva

13 minutes ago, Menrva said:

I should have explained better, the model is not distributed here, it's nowhere to be found, as Wrench said.

Yes, it is..

I am not gonna give a direct link to that. 

Edited by yakarov79

5 minutes ago, yakarov79 said:

Yes, it is..

I am not gonna give a direct link to that. 

Yeah, now I see... can't agree more with you. This should be dealt with.

Edited by Menrva

1 hour ago, Menrva said:

And yes, I think it's kind of silly to allow skins for those pirated 3d models. Nothing wrong with the skins themselves, but new users would always ask where to find a 3d model for those skins...

"New" users like me.

Now I have several copies of the Su-57 model for a mod I am occasionally polishing off.  Is there a way to check which model is pirated and which isn't?

perhaps al of them

perhaps all of them are rip of the same model :biggrin:

perhaps all of them if they are from similar shady links

sad is that recently we had a beef here about skins / models / other sites...

and skins for that Su are here without any 'ding dong'

Edited by yakarov79
  • Like 1

@JosefK There is no legal Su-57 for SF2 now, so all the ones you have are pirated models; actually, they should be all the same; you can easily see if they have the same skin mapping.

russouk2004 was working on a proper Su-57 model. We'd better wait for that one.

• Like 1

They are ALL pirated.

They turn up in a mod, the mod gets deleted. Simple as that

We have a zero tolerance policy on pirated items

Why morons continue to fuck around with this sort of thing, in clear violation of Site Policy, is beyond even my understand.

They don't like it, our door swings both ways.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Menrva said:

@JosefK There is no legal Su-57 for SF2 now, so all the ones you have are pirated models; actually, they should be all the same; you can easily see if they have the same skin mapping.

russouk2004 was working on a proper Su-57 model. We'd better wait for that one.

Thanks, I'll wait for @russouk2004

Someone should recognize the terrain, clouds, or game feel and move this. It is freakishly feeling out of place in the Pub.

I assure you that this model is not pirated, but it will not see light so soon and the model was created a few weeks after the flight of the real prototype.

img02285.thumb.JPG.0abcd14000c25e710194b0039d00513f.JPGimg02290.thumb.JPG.6a73d29583a2b8b7f0caa2ca215ec2cb.JPG

img02253.JPG

img01218.JPG

• Like 15

This week I promised to launch this plane in beta, it will come out as it is in the screenshot, only a skin with decals (the one of the operational plane apparently), this 3d model as you will know is from Aleducat.
flying it is complicated since it uses false vectors to be able to create super maneuverability, this acts as in the harrier when activating it the super maneuverability would be turned off and the refueling probe would be displayed visually, possibly some textures are missing in the radar and cockpit and the features of it are not like those of the real model.
Neither appropriate weapons nor disposable tanks were created.
the model is the prototype, the pitot and some antennas were removed from the data.
I don't think I can update it in the future due to the load I have with my own models, but I don't rule out that Aleducat improves it either.
this is translated by google, excuse my bad english

img00047.thumb.JPG.1a7289bb566b5ba82757398fc7ad8222.JPG

img00056.JPG

img00057.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Well at least we'll have a legit model though rather than a pirated one. As long as a template is available I don't think one skin will matter.

hell, as long as its a decent skin (not tightly packed or spread across a dozen pieces), someone will likely make a template

1 minute ago, daddyairplanes said:

hell, as long as its a decent skin (not tightly packed or spread across a dozen pieces), someone will likely make a template

Look, I can be lazy and not make one either... I mean sure somebody is going to but not me, no I would never do that... :biggrin:

Edited by EricJ
  • Haha 1

you know, theres four levels of skins out there

simple, 1 to 4 jpgs, well mapped and sometime even with a template.

super simple, no template. slightly off mapping  but can be worked with

not so simple, oddly mapped, makes you wonder what teh modder was smoking. often with overlaps that make life hard

damn difficult, jumbled together, anywhere between 1 and 12 jpgs. parts all over. often photorealistic. often seems pulled from a FSX model. makes you wonder what the hell you (the viewer) have been smoking

the first two are pretty easy to work. the third, can be done if youre interested in the subject. the fourth gets a big can of nope almost everytime

So far I've dealt with 1 or 2 style. FC did a good mapping job on the Super Hornet (though the ALQ-99 pods were a bit weird) and the template for the TW and TMF F-14s are pretty good. They have some oddities but nothing that can't be fixed, though TW did some wonky mapping on their Turkey. All in all I do skins for those who did a good job at mapping their models and such.

As they said before, having templates, new skins can be made and improved... if something is missing to paint, it can surely be improved over time, the same as details that you have found in the data...

the emotion of downloading this bird deserves this gif

Call Me GIF - Inglorious Basterds Call Me Call - Descubre & Comparte GIFs

Edited by PeacePuma

to hell with the SU-57 I want the zentraedi!!!!!, who joins ?:lol:

Edited by PeacePuma
  • Haha 1