Wrench

The Corona Virus Thread

on news here some good news from italy ...cases are dropping,and it showed people recovering from it in some hospitals...good to see people surviving it,and recovering.....hopefully its stabilising...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, russouk2004 said:

on news here some good news from italy ...cases are dropping,and it showed people recovering from it in some hospitals...good to see people surviving it,and recovering.....hopefully its stabilising...

It's a bit early to define such news as good. Yes, we might have reached the peak a few days ago, when we had 800 deaths and almost 5000 contagions. Yesterday we had 600 deaths and more than 3000 contagions. It could be we reached the peak, or it might be a fluctuation, only future days will tell. Even if numbers are dropping, it's far from being manageable now. The hospitals in the north collapsed, there are field hospitals taking new patients in. Doctors have no masks and proper protective equipment, and are in danger of contracting the disease themselves. They are true heroes in these dark days.

Fortunately many people made it through, survived the virus. But there are news of cases in Asia where a few contracted it again. So we are not even 100% sure they'll be immune.

Edited by Menrva

In Alaska, the Governor and his people flat out said yesterday anybody unessential flying in - either domestically or internationally - faces a 14-day quarantine as Health Mandate 010.  Good for him.  I'm sure that's not so good for Alaska Airlines and could make me not come up for Arctic Thunder if the mandate goes into July; but it's far more important the Governor protect his people.  A good ally of mine if not a good friend and also my uncle on my mom's side live up there.

Imagine if North America had an understanding when this Covan-19 started to spiral that we'd seal the US-CAN-MEX borders jointly as part of the current free trade agreement.... and the EU & UK the same.

Edited by JosefK
Better links

My first week of lock down in Toulouse:

For me, things are ok, I am usually working at home except when I am on dosplacements.

My wife is a teacher and we need to teach the pupils how to attend school at home (web meetings ...). I gave an old laptop to a family which did not have one.

But one of my relative (cousin of my father) died yestearday from Covid :(

• Sad 5

Lockdown here in UK too...must stay in unless need to shop for food,medicines etc ....only work if totally needed,...people been told you must stay at home....

its weird...usually noisy...mid day was eerily quiet....like something from George Orwell....

some good news for people who are in china...apparently the will be allowing some minor break to the lockdown by 8th April....lets hope the virus is starting to decline...and its slowly declines westwards...

on a lighter note....the gf gave me a blowjob....so I shoved my hands down her knickers...after she said CV19 ....now "dont forget to wash yer hands "   :)

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

To all my friends, ( Specialmente tutti i miei fratelli Italiani )you are all in my thoughts and prayers..... please be safe and hopefully we will get through this soon,,,,

God Bless

Ed

• Like 4

Indeed ed....Black death was far worse and that went after a few months.....hopefully this fucker dies off soon

• Like 1

Latest update from Michigan, 2200 known infected and 43 confirmed deaths from COVID-19. Details in the link below.  

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/03/25/coronavirus-updates-michigan/2911805001/

Also while most people seem to be behaving respectfully there are also some idiots who are out in force as well. A man has been charged with making terrorist threats due to licking merchandise on store shelves while making comments about the virus.

• Like 1

Well I thought I would put in my two cents worth. The Quarantine Lockdown here in NZ is ten hours old. I already have Cabin Fever, not but will soon. Real bagger TK'S Win 10 versions still not here till May. Never mind having lots of fun playing Fallout 4, and Elders Schrolls again. That should waste a few days. Good luck to all whom may also be in lockdown. James

• Like 2

1 hour ago, James Fox said:

Well I thought I would put in my two cents worth. The Quarantine Lockdown here in NZ is ten hours old. I already have Cabin Fever, not but will soon. Real bagger TK'S Win 10 versions still not here till May. Never mind having lots of fun playing Fallout 4, and Elders Schrolls again. That should waste a few days. Good luck to all whom may also be in lockdown. James

We are lucky as we live across the road from the beach so we can take the kids (5 of them!) out for a run around to stay sane! I have to work throughout so my wife is holding the fort when I'm on duty. If things get worse its reasonable I will get directly exposed at some point at a call so I will then go straight into isolation away from home to protect our asthmatic daughter. They will be on thier own from then...

Edited by dtmdragon
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Glad that fucker got done......set example to the idiots....give him the virus and lock him up........he deserves to catch it after that...

on a lighter note...

COMING SHOPPING WITH ME ?

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 2

We're #1

Are you tired of winning yet?

• Like 2

The only difference between the US and China, is that in the US.. the government still gives a f**k about its people and their rights

That's why in China it wasn't a problem to put everyone in quarantine

Even here in Israel, after specifically asked to stay at home, people disobey orders

https://www.facebook.com/TheShadow69/videos/165526741199572/

• Like 1

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid

"As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious diseases (HCID) in the UK. ... They have determined that several features have now changed; in particular, more information is available about mortality rates (low overall)"

Now open the local bar again , I am bored.

• Haha 1

Yeah obviously the virus has a preference for celebrities.

I'm sorry to laugh, given the impending horror of the situation, but THAT was funny!!

Even here in Israel, after specifically asked to stay at home, people disobey orders

In cas4es like this....police or army could shoot them,...saves a lot of money and work of emergency services...

No long drawn out care,only for them to die of the virus...that time = wasted resorce and a lot of money...

1 bullet far cheaper...plus it sets an example and teaches the ignorant bastards a lesson.....they can cause a long line of consequences that are preventable by..

STAY AT FUCKING HOME YOU IDIOTS. !!!

Currently running the WPAFB Cyber Operations Center and we are mission essential. 3 cases on the base. I have no doubt that this thing is serious. However the media is scaring the fuck out of people with their bullshit opinionated commentary instead of reporting facts. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Erik said:

We're #1

Are you tired of winning yet?

I know where you going with this comment Erik. I can't stand him anymore. I wish he would STFU and go away. Having said that, I'll never give a vote to a Democrat. So we are just fucked. 

Just to have some fun, here is a compilation of Italian mayors and governors angry with people defying the lockdown: