Wrench

The Corona Virus Thread

5 hours ago, Erik said:

Jeanba there may be more truth to that than you know. Doctor Trump is now prescribing hydroxychloroquine, you'll laugh or cry when you learn why.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisettevoytko/2020/04/07/trump-reportedly-holds-financial-interest-in-sanofi-french-drugmaker-of-hydroxychloroquine/#9b598401ef65

I know 

My brother in law works for sanofi and hates Trump 

So it's been a long time we call him "the Trump puppet"

😉

Edited by jeanba
  • Like 1

I have an acquaintance who depends on the hydroxychloroquine for her compromised immune system.  Scary times...

I agree, he or she may not be able to have the treatment because of some idiots

• Like 1

On 4/7/2020 at 9:16 AM, Erik said:

Jeanba there may be more truth to that than you know. Doctor Trump is now prescribing hydroxychloroquine, you'll laugh or cry when you learn why.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisettevoytko/2020/04/07/trump-reportedly-holds-financial-interest-in-sanofi-french-drugmaker-of-hydroxychloroquine/#9b598401ef65

I can find 2 other sites that says he owns a small stake in that through a mutual fund. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/04/07/trumps-promotion-hydroxychloroquine-is-almost-certainly-about-politics-not-profits/

"Trump’s stake in Sanofi from each trust is between $33 and $495 — or between about $100 and $1,500 in total"

"https://www.vox.com/2020/4/7/21211872/trump-coronavirus-hydroxychloroquine-covid19-drugs-sanofi-owns"

So let me say this LOUDLY, the media is not our friend. Do your own research and stop letting assholes that write for the media make up your mind for you. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dave said:

So let me say this LOUDLY, the media is not our friend. Do your own research and stop letting assholes that write for the media make up your mind for you.

I sadly don't trust the man, the people around the man, or the shady double speak. Yesterday I'm watching the pandemic update rally from the white house newsroom where he says we're going to freeze WHO funding, then 30 seconds later he says I didn't say that. I literally can't take it and now is not the time to be fucking about, he's seriously absent from leadership. The firing of the Carrier Captain day before yesterday was brutal, the announcement from that hair plug Modly that berated the captain and the crew was disgraceful. What's next and hasn't there been enough drama for one single presidency? It all needs to stop and as for research I do quite a bit of it, no single source defines what I think but standing on the podium all but prescribing drugs, false hope, promise, and the uncertainty of death is beneath everything, especially when you have credentialed doctors standing right behind you. Oh and then let's talk about this 2 TRILLION dollar cash cow sausage that got enacted. The Republican hawks in congress flipped a lid and talked all kinds of mad shit back in 2008 when they needed 900 Billion to put into shoring up banks, housing, and auto makers. This after 1.5 Trillion in a tax cut. Have my Republican brothers sold every stitch of dignity? I don't even recognize the Republican party anymore, it's like the Dems on steroids. This is all a huge charlie foxtrot and it matters not what media you read, listen to, or watch. Oh and finally one more thing, the man had three plus years to re-stock the stock pile or at least check to make sure it was stocked or not. You don't find yourself in the middle of a pandemic, that you were warned about months ago, having not even bothered to check that we're prepared for a war with a virus. Even if Obama left it depleted after Katrina. Fill the damn thing it's the taxpayer money not yours. One thing that I absolutely agree with Trump on is our American manufacturing has to come back, problem is he's done nothing to bring it back other than tax cuts which got turned into CEO bonuses, share profits, and share buy back.

Yeah I'm nuts, call me stupid, call me ignorant, I don't care but I'm as American as anyone and this shit sucks no matter how you try and defend it. What ever happened to an honest man doing an honest job and treating everyone with respect? Has it all gone as an era of the past in trade for television ratings? The movie "Idiocracy" nailed it, thanks to His Holiness President Komacho! Let's give praise.

Call me when it's over. I'm done.

• Like 2

I don't trust Trump at all and he has handled this terribly. And you said it best Erik. This is not the Republican party I know. I don't trust any of them and all the media wants is ratings. 

The SECNAV fired that commander because that commander called him out for his lack of action. Glad he resigned. I'm 100% with you. What happened to and honest person doing an honest job?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dave said:

I don't trust Trump at all and he has handled this terribly. And you said it best Erik. This is not the Republican party I know. I don't trust any of them and all the media wants is ratings. 

The SECNAV fired that commander because that commander called him out for his lack of action. Glad he resigned. I'm 100% with you. What happened to and honest person doing an honest job?

Crozier was in a tough spot. Faced with watching his crew go down one by one, being in tight quarters knowing that the other crewmen were in danger, and knowing this would change his readiness status was an untenable position. I fully understand his chain of command structure and so did he but his number one job was to maintain the TR in a state of 100% readiness. Anything that threatens that must be challenged as quickly and with as much force as necessary to remedy the situation. He was a leader doing what he was taught, take care of the men that serve beneath you that their appetite, health, and well being is cared for first. Modly stupidly emphasized exactly that in his ship wide announcement which leaves one scratching their head, he was fired for doing exactly what he trained to do with or without a command structure. The alternative may have been a crew and ship unable to defend herself let alone America. Then how would we have looked if a nuclear powered carrier was compromised to this degree. Hair plug needed to go, it was in the navy style of burying their dead at sea.

• Like 5

Interesting reading all of this, including the political mayhem in the US, where the country has to battle not only Covid 19  but also the devastating Delta Tango virus which - it seems - is totally undermining the internal unity the country needs in those days.... I am not a religious person but at least my thoughts are with you. Over here - little village called Oegstgeest between Leiden and the coast in western Holland -  political items are not on the agenda. The Prime MInister and his cabinet are widely supported, even by most of the opposition in parliament and by the public . Decisions are made based on the input of  good and varied mixed teams of medical - and other scientists and experts and no cheap political games are played. The result is what we call an "intelligent shutdown" where everyone is asked to work and stay at home as much as possible, schools and universities only active online, restaurants and cafe's are except for take-away food, gatherings of more than 3 people are not allowed  and so on, but a lot of shops are are open and public transport is operating.. And basically I am free to roam all through the country if I want to. We call it "The  1.  5 meter Society" ( the prescribed distance between people we should adhere to)  and as a whole it seems to work, with declining numbers of people dying or taken into Intensive Care or hospital in other ways.. Just the same, when I look out of the window it's a "silent spring", but we're moving on... Good luck to all of you and stay safe !!!!!

Grtz

Derk

Edited by Derk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If i have understood the Washington Post correctly, there is a serious suspicion, that sloppiness in a laboratory in Wuhan is the root cause for Covid19 pandemic. So called scientinst played god and created a new virus. And then they were unable to hold it under safe conditions and the breakout was only a question of time.

Perhaps all countries in the world should bill the cost of Covid-19 control China. May the Chinese pay for the mess they have made.

32 minutes ago, Gepard said:

If i have understood the Washington Post correctly, there is a serious suspicion, that sloppiness in a laboratory in Wuhan is the root cause for Covid19 pandemic. So called scientinst played god and created a new virus. And then they were unable to hold it under safe conditions and the breakout was only a question of time.

I guess this is the article you are talking about: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/how-did-covid-19-begin-its-initial-origin-story-is-shaky/2020/04/02/1475d488-7521-11ea-87da-77a8136c1a6d_story.html

There's no certainty at the moment, but it is plausible indeed. It's not that the scientists created a new virus, most likely they were infected while collecting those bat coronaviruses without proper protective equipment. Analysis from all over the world point to the fact the virus is not man made.

The article claims the Wuhan research laboratory was working at Biosafety Level 2, which is not enough in the case of contagious viruses. So, if this is the case, the origin of the virus lies in the wrong safety protocols being applied at a research lab. Coronaviruses were and are being studied all over the world, even before the outbreak happened. For instance, weeks ago an Israeli scientist was invited to an Italian talkshow, and discussed about his studies on coronaviruses.

Without a doubt, the Chinese response to the outbreak was sloppy to say the least. And the WHO somewhat covered up how things were handled there. Everyone, literally everyone, underestimated the potential of this virus.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 1

The Navy is testing all crew aboard the US aircraft carrier Teddy Roosevelt. Tests have been done on 94% of the 4800 crew onboard. They have found approximately 600 infected sailors aboard and 60% of those sailors (400 sailors) have no symptoms all. Read the Reuters article below.

“With regard to COVID-19, we’re learning that stealth in the form of asymptomatic transmission is this adversary’s secret power,” said Rear Admiral Bruce Gillingham, surgeon general of the Navy.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-military-sympt/coronavirus-clue-most-cases-aboard-u-s-aircraft-carrier-are-symptom-free-idUSKCN21Y2GB

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 4:21 PM, Veltro2k said:

Update Teterboro NJ ,, 4 confirmed positives in my place of work, one in critical condition and 6 others in self quarantine

sad to say the one in critical condition passed away :sad: RIP Herman

• Sad 6

nearly 18,000 deaths of cv in UK fucking hell...for a small ish island thats insane.

• Thanks 1

This yesterday from the podium in the briefing room. **DO NOT USE SUNLIGHT OR ULTRAVIOLET LIGHT INSIDE YOUR BODY, EVER!**

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, russouk2004 said:

nearly 18,000 deaths of cv in UK fucking hell...for a small ish island thats insane.

It's insane and it's adding up all over the world. Insanity.

Anyone see that the CNO has recommended that Capt Crozier get his command back? I for one am delighted. A small bright spot in my opinion in a very serious global situation.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Dave said:

Anyone see that the CNO has recommended that Capt Crozier get his command back? I for one am delighted. A small bright spot in my opinion in a very serious global situation.

The recommendation got sent up the chain of command to McPherson and Esper with no decision, offer, or acceptance as of yet, right? Seems like the offer is being telegraphed I think we'd all agree and it is the right thing to do for many reasons. Fucking hair plug Modly in his civilian role stepped in his ass berating Crozier like he did and I couldn't have been happier when they fired Modly almost on the spot. That was swift and brutal justice deserving of his flagrant flouting of his appointed office. You don't treat a skipper who's dedicated his entire life to Navy with that type of disrespect, I don't care who you are.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KJakker said:

Thought I might share this.

Was this in Detroit Michigan or somewhere else in Michigan?

8 minutes ago, Erik said:

Was this in Detroit Michigan or somewhere else in Michigan?

Detroit, she died at Beaumont Hospital, a level 1 trauma center in Royal Oak, a suburb of Detroit.

On another note, I have been getting annoyed at the people protesting Governor Whitmer's handling of the situation. Most of the rumors about her executive orders are bogus. Things like buying seeds and going motor boating being band are nonsense.

https://www.michigan.gov/Coronavirus

Here is the latest updated Executive Order as of 4/24/2020 at 11:00 am.

https://www.michigan.gov/whitmer/0,9309,7-387-90499_90705-526894--,00.html

We're all counting the days we can finally rid ourselves of this administration. The abuse your state and governor have endured is unimaginable and uncalled for. It disgusts a lot of people. A monkey with an organ grinder would be better.

• Like 2