Wrench

The Corona Virus Thread

Two sites with useful COVID19 related data.

http://www.healthdata.org and its projections page (https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections) with data from some 50 countries plus states/provinces of seven of them.

Also New York Times' Coronavirus Deaths by U.S. State and Country Over Time: Daily Tracker.

And below is the latest from Michigan.

https://www.michigan.gov/Coronavirus

2020-05-13_114105.thumb.JPG.9eec9af62adcad455c2929723d4a1b15.JPG

• Like 1

I'm disgusted.

We bought 2 months of isolation for 7 trillion dollars but still no plan, no resources, and no solutions. Herd immunity will be built on the backs of the citizens, the hard way. Everything that's been done is talk and more division. How can anyone think this is an acceptable answer from the most blessed nation on the planet?

A monkey with meat grinder could do better.

On 5/13/2020 at 12:21 PM, Erik said:

I'm disgusted.

We bought 2 months of isolation for 7 trillion dollars but still no plan, no resources, and no solutions. Herd immunity will be built on the backs of the citizens, the hard way. Everything that's been done is talk and more division. How can anyone think this is an acceptable answer from the most blessed nation on the planet?

A monkey with meat grinder could do better.

I agree to that. Plus I don't think there is such thing as herd immunity with the virus, given the amount of deaths worldwide and such

• Sad 1

Maybe if we all inject chlorox bleach and take hydroxichloroqille tablets we will be cured.  What do we have to lose according to our present White House resident.:stars:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe the Mayans were right....just got their dates about face.....world end in Dec21 2012  maybe should read  December 12 2021   ?....just a thought....

with the CV19 pandemic..coincidence eh ?....scary

Edited by russouk2004
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, russouk2004 said:

CV19 pandemic

I would not mind a USS Hancock CV-19 pandemic. Carriers for everyone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

you think that's bad? I've been calling it "C-19".

Maybe we can transport this shit outta here!! :lol:

• Like 3

Well things are starting to come back to normal here, well almost, mostly.  Been watching way to much Squire over on you tube. Mind you our weather was mostly great and we all had to stay home, bugger it was. Waiting on win 10 Strike Fighters.....Eta May 2020 maybe? 

The next spike we have especially after all this rioting and protesting in large crowds is going to be mind blowing. All this while the tweeter in chief takes a photo op at a church he doesn't go into and a bible he doesn't open without a single prayer for our country, people, or current struggles. :suicide:

• Like 2

it's unbeliveable!! There as a blurb on the news scroll on one of our local channels (KTLA 5) the bishop at that church 'simply couldn't believe what he was seeing' with prez twat.

And watching my city burn, again ... Santa Monica was spared the lunacy in 92, but not this time. (I'm in a nice quite residential area just east of SM airport. there ain't nothing around us worth burning, fortunately)

and when the virus spike hits ... karmic justice anyone?

• Like 1

I am glad that Detroit has Chief Craig and Mayor Duggan. They have been doing a great job from what I have seen. There has been vary little damage done in the city of Detroit. That is partly the police but I have also heard that the people of Detroit who are peacefully protesting have also been stopping the violent agitators from doing property damage. The people of Detroit are proud of their city again and they don't want some extremist rabble-rousers to tear it down. Some of the positive things that people have been doing have made my mother cry due to the emotions they invoke.

I also thought what Mayor Woodfin of Birmingham, Alabama has done to quell violence by going out to personally meet with the protesters and take action to address their concerns shows the kind of leadership the nation needs.

Below are some links that I thought I should share about some stuff in Michigan.

News Article.

'You tell us what you need us to do': Police in Flint march with peaceful demonstrators during protest of George Floyd killing

Duggan calls protesters discouraging destruction 'a message of Detroit pride'

16-year-old Stefan Perez helps lead peaceful night of protest in downtown Detroit

Videos

Detroit Press Conference 06/01 (Streamed live on Jun 1, 2020)

Troy officers kneel alongside protesters during peaceful demonstration against police brutality (Jun 1, 2020)

Fourth night of protests against police brutality in Detroit ends peacefully (Jun 1, 2020)

FBI tracking outsiders who came to Detroit to escalate protests to violence (Jun 1, 2020)

Detroit teenager helps lead peaceful protest against police brutality (Jun 1, 2020)

Detroit's leaders stand united for proactive protesting with multiple purposes (Jun 1, 2020)

Michigan Sheriff Chris Swanson Joins Protesters (Jun 1, 2020)

NAACP Detroit Chapter president sends message to Gorge Floyd protesters (May 31, 2020)

Detroit Local News channels.

YouTube: WJBK | FOX 2 News Detroit Station Website: https://www.fox2detroit.com/

YouTube: Click On Detroit | Local 4 | WDIV Station Website: https://www.clickondetroit.com/

YouTube: WXYZ-TV Detroit | Channel 7 Station Website: https://www.wxyz.com/

Edited by KJakker
  • Like 2

The failure of this leadership to lead at any point during this administration is disgustingly sick and deprave. Never until today has the rest of the world pitied us. We were the jewel of democracy and today we are the joke of it. That's what this president has done to this country. Black lives matter because we are all free under the constitution. This is the America I want to live in and it doesn't include the racist in chief.

• Like 1

While watching the news on various (local) channels, and seeing what's happening all over the country I was struck with some interesting thoughts..

Are we seeing the beginnings of the next American Revolution, or of the next Civil War??

I'm hoping that if its revolution, it's an evolution to something better, stronger and safer. As for the other ... we'd be pretty fucked then

• Like 1

Actually the task of the current administration and leader is to get people to realize that not mater who is in the office/lead or won election both blue or red side is just the 2 sides of the same coin, and until you people not start to put emphasis on honesty, integrity, ethics, kindness as a trait to look for in your representatives and leaders then nothing will change. If you want to get things better you need to get out of the box on thinking and use common sense (I know not everyone got one, but at least can try). When you guys/galls start to turn away from anyone who has shown any traits of dishonesty,etc, then they will have no background to lean on. Currently you think you have democracy but you don't, with the majority of the representatives and members or senate being bought off by corporations, bank, etc, all your seemingly free voting system is already rigged and always those lead whom they want to put in the office . 
The current pandemic was intentionally created and it serves very good as a smoke grenade to implement more tighter control over the population as those whom live in fear will gave up any "right" just to be "safe", and the racism is one of the card to create an upheaval that can make the leaders behind the scenes to apply even military control if they deem necessary, all in the name of 'public safety". 

I hope there's not a revolution and I'm not feeling that even with the current issues. We are all Americans and I would no more pick up arms against my brothers than anything. I hope most people feel that way. The protesting for black lives is on the edge of a good change that needs to happen and I'm praying that it does. The country is moving on without the racist in chief, his opinions and hatred don't matter. The virus being what it is, is small in comparison to what's at stake in our country. We will endure. Shame on our leaders that have sold out to business interests but like all things they won't last forever.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Erik said:

The failure of this leadership to lead at any point during this administration is disgustingly sick and deprave. Never until today has the rest of the world pitied us. We were the jewel of democracy and today we are the joke of it. That's what this president has done to this country. Black lives matter because we are all free under the constitution. This is the America I want to live in and it doesn't include the racist in chief.

He was elected.......... on what grounds? Making America Great Again? but what does it mean? And how was it understood by those who vote for him?

And last question ( and it's not a troll) did America ever solved the racial issue?

And last question ( and it's not a troll) did America ever solved the racial issue?

well, somebody's not keeping up with current events ...

1 hour ago, Wrench said:

well, somebody's not keeping up with current events ...

Probably. I'm not a fine connoisseur of the US, but on a regular basis there is here some racials riots, here some debate about poverty of some community , and about police violence and so on.

So what's going on?