Wrench

The Corona Virus Thread

:blink: I wish you a speedy recovery, a full one hopefully.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Spinners said:

I work at the local drive-in Testing Unit (as a steward) and went 14 weeks without an issue but my luck ran out and I was sent home on Christmas Eve eventually testing positive on the 26th. The first few days were nightmarish and I've blanked them out. I turned a corner on New Years Day and my sense of smell/taste quickly returned. My health is so far behind where it was (I was cycling in and working an 11-hour day) and my employer (NHS) don't seem that bothered about me so I might just send in an email confirming my poor health and asking for support.

I wish you luck. My sister was at the frontline too and she was miserable for several weeks after killing the bug off, while she is 26, the thing is people take time but usually get to recover fully, i hope you can do too.

• Like 1

Something to remember, SARS-COV-2 is the VIRUS and COVID-19 is the DISEASE. We spread and are infected with SARS-COV-2 which then develops into COVID-19 exactly like being infected with HIV which then develops into AIDS. 

Like all diseases we never know if we've cured them or simply pushed them into remission. Remission is the likely stage that people get to when they return to some type of health, similar to having AIDS or even cancer. That's why it is so important to not get infected with the VIRUS SARS-COV-2 in the first place. I wish our government had drilled this fact home for the non-maskers and led with truth and knowledge not the subversion, masking, and lies we got. I argue they are complicit in every single death from COVID-19 to date in the US and other nations.

The long term affects after people have COVID-19 is known as Long Hauler Syndrome and it's causing all kinds of problems in the vascular system and within organs of the body. Blood clots, heart issues, lung issues, and kidney issues have all been reported so it's important to monitor your health after being ill and to take the time to recover even if that's months.

• Like 1

I wish speedy recovery for all effected by this events.

-----------------------------

This situation can not be solved with black and white paradigms or solutions. There is none like that. These events have many aspects and layers to work with and work through. The virus is only a tool in this equation, not the problem
If you were in the military then you know even the BCN gear could only provide 99% safety,  it is only getting close to 100% if procedures are kept in every aspect, but even then there is always a chance for hell to get lose. So ordinary masks will not protect you per say, only lessen the chance to get infected, the ratio is depend on the type you use - and it is also recommended to change it in every 3 hours otherwise your own bacilli will effect you adversely... On the other hand, among healthy people why to wear masks? (Shut up and obey??) Society can not exists if everyone stays home and retire into their shells. There will be always people on the line whom have to take the burden for the goodwill of others, you can't avoid that.   If it was a thousand or 2 years earlier, it would be a different scenario, today our way of life makes it impossible to go into full lock downs, does not matter what anyone thinks. Power stations not go alone, water treatment plants not function alone, bakeries not work without people and transportation of goods certainly not automatic and cities will vanish if county folks not work on the fields/farms...
Beside its good effect for some, vaccination will also not solve most of the problem, as you can still transmit the virus onto others, even if you not get sick for a certain amount of time, not to mention the possible chronic side effects that different people could develop due to reactions to the components contained in it. Lesser known/promoted fact that hundred years ago during the spanish flu about half the dead were due to the reactions to the vaccine. Also comes the question how often you need to be re-vaccinated due to the new and future mutations of the virus?
So both side have pros and cons which are equally valid on their own. Last year's agenda to create fear in population is mostly accomplished, for those whom not decided yet, comes the more viral "news/virus" version. This year's agenda is to divide even further the gap between groups of people to lessen the chance for real collaboration among in order to solve the problem.  So comes vaccinated versus non-vaccinated and their various mix of mask and virus believers/non-believers, vaccination passports, etc. Divide and conquer.... Strap in your seats, the next few months will go even deeper in the pit hole they dug for us whether you believe it or not. This situation will take 2 kinds as its victim, those whom immune system is weak and the stupid careless...

Everyone will have to decide what is important for them in life.. fame, money, greed, warmongering, fake treatments, exploitation of others and the environment or live in harmony, peace, kindness, eat healthy non-toxicant food, actual cure of illnesses and in harmony with the planet and its ecosystem. And nobody can sit this one out on the sidelines, everyone is affected whether through actual contact with the virus or just being in a society that makes life less and less practical in general that soon become dictatorships of a sort...

There is a saying, George Orwell's 1984 was a warning, not a handbook to follow...

• Like 1

Yesterday in the United States 4,112 people died from COVID19. This brings the death toll from COVID19 in the United States to 365,000 people making it the third largest death event in our history behind AIDS and the Spanish Flu. On 9/11/2001 when the World Trade Center buildings fell we lost 2,996 lives, so the United States is having a 9/11 +1000 more deaths per day on a daily basis. With all that's going on with recent events dominating the news cycle, it's important to remember those who were lost. Around the globe in every great nation this story is being told time and time again. Let's not forget any of our loved ones and take a moment to say a prayer for anyone who's lives have been changed forever by COVID19. 

• Like 2

My grandfather tested positive for it on Friday. He's been doing well, but I'm staying realistic here.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/1/2021 at 10:24 PM, Viggen said:

My grandfather tested positive for it on Friday. He's been doing well, but I'm staying realistic here.

Good luck Viggy, hope he gets well

Edited by macelena
  • Like 1

Talk about a week. On Monday my grandfather went to the hospital because of his covid case. But that stubborn old man's condition has improved and he's being released.

• Like 3

On 04/01/2021 at 10:09 PM, Spinners said:

I work at the local drive-in Testing Unit (as a steward) and went 14 weeks without an issue but my luck ran out and I was sent home on Christmas Eve eventually testing positive on the 26th. The first few days were nightmarish and I've blanked them out. I turned a corner on New Years Day and my sense of smell/taste quickly returned. My health is so far behind where it was (I was cycling in and working an 11-hour day) and my employer (NHS) don't seem that bothered about me so I might just send in an email confirming my poor health and asking for support.

Wishing you a speedy recovery for you and everyone else who gets this virus.

On 1/16/2021 at 8:33 PM, GKABS said:

Wishing you a speedy recovery for you and everyone else who gets this virus.

Thanks mate.

A little update. About this time last week (three weeks after getting it) I really seemed to turn a corner and have been managing to sleep much better and I've tapered down on my prescribed painkillers and recently stopped taking them. On Sunday, we needed something from a store on our nearest retail park so I walked there to collect it and walked back - five miles in total. I'm still a bit out of puff and this is only improving very slowly but I'm aiming to return to work on Feb 1st.

Edited by Spinners
  • Like 6

Managed to avoid it so far (touching wood)... got my second jab next month and it can't come soon enough!

• Like 1

Just got my first shot this past Tuesday. Next one is in a month as well.

• Like 1

I completed my two covid-19 pfizer vaccines. They told me i needed to wait 3 months before I get my vaccination because I was infected with covid-19 before.

I got a first jab of AZ the day before they said they would stop using them. It was funny to find hear the news with the fever and so on. My gramps and sister got Pfizer, fortunately. Mom was concerned about Astra Zeneca, but i talked her into it. The risks seemed worthy, comparing to what Covid would make her. 

Got my first shot today! Looks like the Pfizer one. 2nd shot on May 17

Excellent. The Pfizer Vaccine is said to have a more mild second dose. I was given Moderna Vaccine and my second shot is in a few days. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got the Pfizer vaccine 2.5 months ago.. still no better WiFi reception, 5G or controlling chip installed.. hope in the next dose 😂

Keep in mind this isn't bulletproof, try to keep safe!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, I asked the tech who administered my shot, what superpowers I could expect when the nanites really got going. I wasn't sure it the power are preprogrammed, or if they're random. She couldn't answer, as she was telepathicly communicating to our Alien Overlords (tm)  :lol:

no, seriously, she thought it was one of the funniest requests she'd ever had! We spent time discussing which power we'd actually like. I had a great experience, everyone was kind, and polite, even standing in line for 40-odd minutes. It went pretty fast.

• Like 1

I'm glad my parents got their first shot of the Pfizer vaccine days ago, on May 4th they should receive the second dose. My strong 90-year old grandmother already got the second dose, all went good just with minor fever soon after.

I've been living in a stressful situation so far; my father had been dealing with a rare blood disease since November 2019. Last December he successfully underwent a bone marrow transplant; despite that blood disease seemingly gone, he's much weak at the moment and apparently he got hit by Crohn's disease, which made him lose much weight. The hospital deemed it safe to vaccinate him (and my mother since she's qualified as his "caregiver"); I feel somewhat relieved.

I could get the vaccine as well I suppose, but I'm always home these days, and Italy does not have many vaccines either. I'm just 26 year old, so I'd rather wait the elders get it first, they are the most exposed to the worst symptoms of the virus. As Nesher said, the vaccine is no guarantee against this b*tch of a virus, so safety measures must be followed in any case. I'm afraid there are lots of stupid and ignorant people though. If the virus still exists to this extent, it's because of human stupidity.

Edited by Menrva

9 hours ago, Erik said:

Excellent. The Pfizer Vaccine is said to have a more mild second dose. I was given Moderna Vaccine and my second shot is in a few days. 

I concur I had both of my shots and it is really mild.

• Like 1

I like to think the distribution of the Pfizer and Moderna Vaccine around the globe, as our great apology tour. Glad you're all vaccinated and hopefully soon we can return to some type of normal.

• Like 2

Apology for what? this one is on the Chinese (with all due respect)

• Like 1

My second dose of the Moderna vaccine is coming up on the 4th of May.

3 hours ago, Nesher said:

Apology for what? this one is on the Chinese (with all due respect)

In all honesty, it's even worse, this one is on the WHO. Here in Italy we're in the middle of a scandal, it seems there's corruption among some WHO officials. Our pandemic plan hadn't been updated since 2006, despite there had been other epidemics in later years (H1N1 and MERS to name a few). I remember when the WHO (Tedros Ghebreyesus) said it was all fine back in Autumn 2019, that China kept the epidemic under control. Not even two months later, we saw the truth ourselves. The Chinese do have their responsibilities for what happened, then I look at Brazil and I don't think the West can consider itself 100% clean, the situation was even worsened. Had this started in Brazil or in another country with lunatics in power, we'd find ourselves in this sh*t anyway.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 1