Sign in to follow this  
paulopanz

DHC-1 Chipmunk T.10 - Repacked

DHC-1 Chipmunk T.10 - Repacked

The de Havilland Canada DHC-1 Chipmunk is a tandem, two-seat, single-engined primary trainer aircraft
developed and manufactured by Canadian aircraft manufacturer de Havilland Canada. It was developed
shortly after the Second World War and sold heavily throughout the immediate post-war years, being
typically employed as a replacement for the de Havilland Tiger Moth biplane.
The Chipmunk was the first postwar aviation project conducted by de Havilland Canada. It performed
its maiden flight on 22 May 1946 and was introduced to operational service that same year.
During the late 1940s and 1950s, the Chipmunk was procured in large numbers by military air services
such as the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF), Royal Air Force (RAF), and several other nations' air forces,
where it was often utilised as their standard primary trainer aircraft.
The type was also produced under licence by de Havilland in the United Kingdom, who would produce the
vast majority of Chipmunks, as well as by OGMA (Oficinas Gerais de Material Aeronáutico) in Portugal.

NOTE:

This mod was done during COVID-19 lock down. It helped me to spend my time with out thinking all day
long about it.
I never planned to skin this plane, but Kevin and mostly Daddyairplanes upgraded and put it on my
desktop, so I made a pair of skins using Daddy great one and day by day the skins went 28
(!).
So the skinpack became a whole repack ...
All serial numbers are historical ones, but not all the skins, as I can't find Jordan and Syrian  pics.

I made them looking at similiar planes dressing, but If someone has some references or
books (like Warpaint n. 123 !) the pack will be very soon upgraded.
This is a very nice model, mapped like a dog .... so skinnig sometimes it was like a puzzle, so
I thik that whitout COVID-19 home rest this job'ld never be done.

WHAT'S IN:

- a flyable plane
- 30 skins all around the world (see pictures ...)  Early Irish and Saudi added in V. 1.1 thaks to Menvra!
- hangars
- historical decals
- lights tweaked
- autoclosing canopy

CREDITS:

- bigal 1 and team (see original readme included) for SF1 realise;
- Wrench for SF2 porting;
- DaddyAirplanes for great Brixmis skin (not included) I used as a base for mine;
- paulopanz for skins, decals, hangars, tweakings etc.

INSTALL:

- delete any previous chipmunk folder from your aircraft folder, all you need (except Daddy skin) is here.
- enable, if you haven't done before, Irish Air Corps

Add this to yours NATIONS.INI in FLIGHT FOLDER to the list bottom
XXX = the last entry +1

[NationXXX]
Name=EIRE
DisplayName=Irish Air Corps
Alignment=FRIENDLY
PilotNameList=NamesBritish.lst
RankList=RanksRAF.lst
CallsignList=CALLSIGNSRAF.LST
Formation.Fighter=USFighter
Formation.Attack=USFighter
Formation.Bomber=USBomber
Formation.Transport=USBomber
Formation.Tank=USTank
Formation.MobileAD=USAD
PilotTrainingStandard=EXCELLENT
GenderRatio=0
DebriefSuccessMusic=DebriefSuccess.wav
DebriefFailMusic=DebriefFail.wav
DebriefKilledMusic=DebriefKilled.wav
SpeechFile=USAFSpeech.cat
SpeechTextFile=USAFSpeechText.str
Medals=MedalsRAF.ini
MedalTextFile=MedalsRAF.str

- put all in your mod folder and overwrite

OPERATIONS:

Open canopy = 10 key

God speed.

:deadhorse:

@paulopanz

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Grazie @paulopanz. Un abbraccio, dall'altro lato della nostra penisola. :drinks:

In other news, you may want to use my Nations & Medals Expansion mod. I already added the Irish Air Corps to it, with historically accurate decals switching in 1955. The nation name is different in my expanded nations.ini; if users add EIRE to it, they would end up with two different Irish Air Corps. Given the amount of changes and even bugs I fixed from the stock game's nations.ini, I highly suggest to use it.

EDIT: noticed by chance; for the Irish skin, "Serial__013" is misspelled, should be "Serial_013".

EDIT n°2: I found some references:

Saudi Chipmunk: https://twitter.com/oldaviation/status/942647179591733248

Irish Chipmunks (using the correct, pre-1955 decals included in my mod): http://irishhistoricflight.com/the-restoration-projects/chipmunk-168/ http://irishhistoricflight.com/the-restoration-projects/chipmunk-169/ http://irishhistoricflight.com/the-restoration-projects/chipmunk-170/

Edited by Menrva

I thank you. I will take a look.

BTW The decal is ok as I often make different  decals positions for smaller one (those with "1" inside) as you can see from proper decals.inis

Ciao!

Thank You !!! :good:

Take care of You... :smile:

Great job! Keep safe, brother!!  :drinks:

I'm doing my best Kevin, keep safe too!

Thank you  !!!!

:good:

• Like 1

Hello!

Dunno what is happening, but this aircraft is impossible to fly.

Right after takeoff, it heads towards the ground, no matter what you do.
It only flies with the autopilot activated, and immediately after you deactivate it, there it goes towards the ground again.

Tips?

V. 1.1 uploaded with NEW Saudi and Early Irish skins due Menvra help!

To our mighty Admins: I wans't able to:

- delete older version

- add 1.1 note

- or delete older version & add 1.1. note

Error 404 or something like this ... so I only added new file and changed original text ...

:idea: