Sign in to follow this  
ignacioc91

AAA spontaneously exploding

Hi! I'be been having this issue for a while, maybe someone can give me a piece of advice. In heavily defended areas, packed with AAA units and air defences, when flying over them, as they start shooting at me, lots of them automatically and spontaneously explode, as if some one had them destroyed, but I'm flying solo, no wingmen at all. As if they commit suicide. Did some of you experience the same problem? Thanks!!!

I guess that happens only when these air defenses fire from fortified positions like this one:

img00012.jpg

This is the only case when I have experienced what you described. There were many cases of AAAs or MANPADS which malfunctioned during launch but only when they were "protected" by infrastructure like that. Well... it seems that the game engine can not understand that the ground based rounds/missiles can hit the fortification if the shoot angle is below the fortification height. But I guess that's normal... stock game does not feature "protection" for air defenses.

also if they're under the "camonet", as the "collision mesh" (or the actual mesh of the object) interfers with the free flight of the projectile. Yes, I've seen it before because of that.

That explains it. I only happens in well defended areas, where units are close and packed. By the way, do you know any website or book you can recommend about air defence doctrine? To have a reference when populating areas, I am having fun with Mue's Target Area Editor :biggrin:

yeah, my work.

always in batteries of at least 3 , with an EWR and/or a linked tracking radar (Firecan type) for soviet/eastern bloc units. One of the best things, are the recon photos taken over Cuba during the missile crisis. shows some nice layout for small and medium caliber gun units

the book below just covers American stuff

FM44_1 1965- US Army Air Defense.pdf

• Like 2

On 7/4/2020 at 4:13 PM, Wrench said:

yeah, my work.

always in batteries of at least 3 , with an EWR and/or a linked tracking radar (Firecan type) for soviet/eastern bloc units. One of the best things, are the recon photos taken over Cuba during the missile crisis. shows some nice layout for small and medium caliber gun units

the book below just covers American stuff

FM44_1 1965- US Army Air Defense.pdf

Thank you very much! I took a look and it's very interesting!