So I'm trying to do something stupid. I want to put the AIM-4A onto the F-51D. I was somehow able to get the AIM-9B onto it but can't get the AIM-4 onto it. I was wondering if someone could point me to what I'm missing to make this happen? Because if I can do this, then I want to swap weapons around with other planes for fun.

P-51D_DATA.INI

P-51D_LOADOUT.INI

• Like 2

where it says this on each weaponstation you need add like so

AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB,FT,IRM,ARM,SAHM

IRM for such as aim9    ARM for any Anti Radiation weapon and same for sahm...

heres list of short names you need know....

then add to the proper line in the loadout..ini

BOMB ... Bomb

LGB ..... Laser-guided Bomb

EOGB .. Electro-Optically Guided Bomb

AWD ... Area-weapon Dispensor

NUC .... Nuclear Bomb

RCKT .. Rocket, single

WGR ... Wire-guided Rocket

CGR ... Command-guided Rocket

LGR .... Laser-Guided Rocket

EOGR .. Electro-Optically Guided Rocket

ARM .... Anti-radiation Missile

ASM .... Anti-ship missile

IRM ..... Heat-seeking Missile

SAHM .. Semi-active Homing Missile

AHM .... Active Homing Missile

RP ...... Rocket Pod

GP ...... GunPod

EP ...... ECM Pod

LP ...... Laser Pod

NP ...... Navigation Pod

DLP .... Data-link Pod

RCN ... Recon Camera Pod

IFP ..... Illuminiation Flare Dispensor

FT ....... Fuel Tank

2BR .... Twin Bomb Rack

2IR ..... Twin IRM Rack

2AR .... Twin AHM Rack

TER .... Triple Ejector Rack

TLR .... Triple Homing Rocket Rack

MER ... Multiple Ejector Rack

BFT .... Bomb carrying Fuel Tank

You do not have weapon stations on aircraft that can carry IRM (AIM-4). Be advised - most of the AIM-4 carry specific station code (usually AIM4)

There is no even station that can carry AIM-9 so I do not fathom how you were able to get AIM-9B correctly.

38 minutes ago, yakarov79 said:

You do not have weapon stations on aircraft that can carry IRM (AIM-4). Be advised - most of the AIM-4 carry specific station code (usually AIM4)

There is no even station that can carry AIM-9 so I do not fathom how you were able to get AIM-9B correctly.

I certainly did! image.png.68cc7097e10406706e7072c88f9b06fb.png

• Like 1

someone's been watching too many Iron Eagle movies.

And don't we just love things hanging in space. None of this is new; this has been screwed around with since the first piston birds started showing up in 2005 or 06

Falcons require a station specific code. and they don't work for shit anyway.

if you're going to step that deep into fantasy land, why not just build IR tracking HVARs ** and use the Mustang's built in rocket stubs (also been done 'way back when, with a different Mustang)

** ie: build/clone a new weapon from the existing 3W HVAR, as all that's required is ini work

10 hours ago, Wrench said:

someone's been watching too many Iron Eagle movies.

And don't we just love things hanging in space. None of this is new; this has been screwed around with since the first piston birds started showing up in 2005 or 06

if you're going to step that deep into fantasy land, why not just build IR tracking HVARs ** and use the Mustang's built in rocket stubs (also been done 'way back when, with a different Mustang)

** ie: build/clone a new weapon from the existing 3W HVAR, as all that's required is ini work

Do most weapons require specific station codes? And also I've sorta already done a homing rocket with a tinkered AIR-2 Genie..... for reasons......

Also I've never heard of Iron Eagle, maybe I should watch it.

Edited by A48Racing

The Mustang would never reach the needed minimum speed to launch an AIM-9B or AIM-4A.

But who cares, its a game!

• Thanks 1

Do most weapons require specific station codes?

no, but you don't want these to show up on anything else. this would also require cloning (duplicating) the HVAR stations on the Mustang to be ONLY station specific for the IRM HVARs. Nothing to it.

Kramer X-4

fw190-x4.JPG

• Like 1

Just now, Wrench said:

Kramer X-4

fw190-x4.JPG

What I'd give to have X-4s on a 262. hooh whee

19 hours ago, Wrench said:

Wrench, watch this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That was a really cool story.  I taught with a retired colonel who flew the Six and he loved that bird.  He did, however, admit that the missiles were absolute garbage.

On 08/04/2020 at 6:09 AM, A48Racing said:

I certainly did!

you attached data ini file and loadout ini file. and there is no station for IRM missiles so I just posted my observation.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By JamesWilson
      Hi everyone,
      I recently got into weapon modding and wanted to edit some missiles.
      I went for the Weapons Folder with the Weapons Editor, and some weapons were missing, even tho i can see them and equip them in-game.
      I wanted to edit the AA-2D Atoll for my Su-22M3, but there's no AA-2 folder inside Weapons folder, nor inside plane folder, even tho the missile is equippable and i can see it/use it in-game.
      Since there's no Atoll folder, i have no idea how is it possible for me to have it in-game, and even less i know on how am i supposed to edit it through Weapons Editor, since i can't select the folder.
      I thought it may be a sort of "built-in-game" missile and for this reason not showing in weapons folder (idk i just made an hypothesis).
      So i tried using the CAT Extractor, but seems like not working... no matter which CAT file i select, it says "error opening this .CAT file, no files can be extracted", how's that? How do i fix it? Am i doing something wrong?
      Thank you in advance for helping me fixing all these issues or helping me find what i'm doing wrong
    • By JamesWilson
      Hi,
      after seeing the TMF F-14 has wrong and inaccurate speed and fuel indicators, i found out the default Third Wire F-14 has working and accurate ones, but i dont wanna use it cause the TMF Tomcat is better and the cockpit too more realistic too, so can you switch the speed and fuel indicators on the TMF F-14 with the default Third Wire F-14? And for fuel too? Do you need to 3D model and/or do something else other than edit some text files?
       And is it or it's not possible to do?
      Down here are 2 pictures from the correct cockpit in the default Third Wire F-14:

And 2 from the TMF F-14 (the inaccurate one):

Thanks for helping.
    • By JamesWilson
      Hi everyone,
      I just noticed that the speed indicator in the F-14 Tomcat by TMF (TheMirageFactory) only shows up to 800 kts, and the Mach indicator does not move, not letting you know the speed of the aircraft if you have your HUD turned off.
      As you can see down here, i'm at Mach 2.23, but the indicator only shows 800 kts and doesn't go above. Obviously it adapts to my altitude, so if i'm higher, then the IAS is lower, but still should move, making it impossible flying at high speed without HUD turned on as i have it down here:

Another issue, maybe even worse than the previous one, is that the fuel indicator shows wrong numbers, or as i may think, it shows "a number less". For example: if i have 20000 pounds of fuel left, it should show 20000, but it shows 02000. This is a theory on how it works, not confirmed, and i'm gonna explain you why i think it is like that:
      I hardly think i truly have 2000 pounds of fuel left, cause i choose Fuel 100% and tried climbing and flying for a long time with full afterburner, and the numbers slowly started going down, even reached the point of burning the engine at Mach 2.30and the fuel wasn't gone yet, it showed i had like 00700 left, so i presume it's 20000 in reality, otherwise i would have been out of fuel in no time, since it's a quantity even under the bingo quantity, but i flew for minutes and minutes in full afterburner, and at 8x speed, so. Speaking of Bingo, there's no bingo indicator.
      Here's a picture of the fuel indicator:

I tried the default F-14 cockpit, and even if that one shows correctly both speed and fuel indicators and even if it's a great cockpit, i personally like more and find more realistic and immersive the TMF one.
      In the end, since these two indicators are crucial, especially for flying without HUD, and the fuel indicator especially, since there's no way to know how much fuel you have left even with HUD turned on other than the cockpit indicator.
      So, what i'm asking is:
      Is there a way to fix these? A mod that remakes the indicators? Or another cockpit that is not the default one that i can use to swap this one?
      Thanks in advance for helping me.
    • By JamesWilson
      Hi everyone,
      I was wondering how to customize the numbers after your callsigns, since it always gives me the same ones.
      I think i managed somehow once, a bit of time ago, but now i forgot and have no idea how to.
      I'm not talking about how to customize the callsign name, but the unit number after it.
      As you can see in the Roster and in the picture under, i get "Fast Eagle 1-1" and "Fast Eagle 1-2"
      Here are some examples:

The numbers on the tail, wing and nose numbers are customized, cause i managed how to change them, choosing them individually for each unit in the mission file by changing "AircraftNumber=" and typing the number, like "2" (as for 202). It doesn't change by typing the whole number tho, like 202 by typing 202, but it goes by typing the number that corresponds to the list of numbers you have. For example, In a list that goes from 200 to 400, you will have to type 10 to get 300. Here i just typed "2" and "7" since the list starts from 200

IIRC, in the past i just used to type the Aircaft number just like that, and in-game i had the proper number after the callsign, like "Fast Eagle 102", not just the number displayed on the plane livery.
      How do i do? I'm pretty sure that it's possible to have "Fast Eagle 102" on my screen HUD and in the Roster
      Thanks in advance for helping me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..