Curious here - editing the ini for a new anti-ship missile.  Wonder what's the scalar on Explosives= ?

I mean for a 500 lb Mk 82 it's 89.000000.  Only 89 of WHAT?

For reference a 1,000 lb Mk 83 is 202.0000000000.

Thanks in advance.

If I remember correctly it's the warhead weight, the amount of explosive weight the weapon has.

10 minutes ago, EricJ said:

If I remember correctly it's the warhead weight, the amount of explosive weight the weapon has.

Oh, it's kilograms of explosive.

The Mk 82 has only 89kg of explosive in it, hence the Explosive= 89.000000.

Yep, that's it.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By muhammad
      Hi everyone!
      after few miles of scrolling .INI files and testing everything on the game
      FINALY:
      " Cockpit Shadows " !!
      --!  enabling process is same for each plane  ! --
      --!  enabling process should apply on each plane you like to have cockpit shadows on 'em  ! --
      --!  Be Advised !: This "Cockpit Shadows" has some little BUGs so we all should work on it together to make it better  !-- 
      It's better than nothing :D

* Q: How to enable Cockpit Shadows?
      - A: All you need to do is to make a .INI file with the same name and right at the place your chosen plane cockpit 3D file ( .LOD ) is located.
      Example: 
      !! [  Cockpit file are located at the folder with the same name (most of the times)  ] !!
      SHO to Viper team F-16 BLK 30 to act like a test plane 

here the plane's Cockpit 3D model is the LOD file named " Cockpit_F-16C_B30.LOD " and above of that, our personally made .INI file;
      Now
      Inside the .INI file we should drop this :

[Shadow]
      CastShadow=TRUE
      ShadowCastDist=5000
      MaxVisibleDistance=800 
      -------------------------------------------------
      * you are free to change the numbers  
      -------------------------------------------------

here's an example file which you have to change it's name to the plane's cockpit file name !
      plane's cockpit file name.INI

*with this simple trick you can enable shadows for every .LOD file.
      feel free to ask.

alexis99 thanks for that little help

sorry for bad English :)
      hope ya'll enjoy!
      one love.

plane's cockpit file name.INI
    • By Eagle114th
      Hello everyone,

I have been looking through various MiG-19 series mods and I am still stuck with various MiG-19S data ini.  May I ask, which mod anyone recommend for MiG-19 flight model overhaul or have updated data.ini that updates the flight model? 

The flight model for MiG-15s and 17s are taken care of (Thank to KAW and Wing over Vietnam Expansion campaign mods).  I found the overhaul mods for SF2 MiG-21s and 23s.  It is MiG-19s that I am stuck for now.  To my surprise, the material for MiG-19 are rather very difficult to find, including the afterburner.  Fortunately, thank to DCS manual (MiG-19P) and MiG-19 series book, found some pictuures needed for afterburner effects.

As always, thank you for the advice and information.

Eagle114th

• By 1309mariano
      Hey, it's me again! Thanks to Bazillius I was able to solve the HUD problem. Now, I have another problem: the canards of the J-10 are rotating in the wrong direction. This means, when they have to rotate in the pitch-up direction, they rotate as pitch-down. I had this problem in a couple planes, but since this is the first one I'm going to publish, I want it to be perfect. If anyone knows how to solve this problem, it would be very appreciated. Good flight!
    • By Eagle114th
      Hello everyone,

I have a question about the location of weapons .ini files.  I have been looking for it using CAT extractor.  I am unable to find the .ini files for the weapons in SF2.  May I ask if anyone know where I can find it?

If someone knows which weapons pack is up-to-date and is released for SF2, please let me know too.  I will contact author about tweaking their .ini for weapons, respectfully.  If the permission is approved, I will start .ini dancing through a long list of weapons.

The information and advice are much appreciated, as always.  I am still looking for files again in SF2. 
      I am working on the project that sorts the weapon list like I did with the aircraft list.
      Cheers!
    • By Nuni
      Hi there guys, I have been wondering something for a while. Wandering around the DATA ini of some VTOL aircrafts I realised that there is a type of engine dedicated to attitude control (obviously there must be a way to move around the aircraft when you are almost static in the air), that as you may already know, are the RCS. I have not seen any exhaust effect applied to this systems in game, for example a Harrier hovering only has the exhaust effect of its four nozzles, but do you know if it is possible to add effects to them? I was thinking of using RCS effects to use them in a spacecraft model, burning only as you use them when maneuvering the ship. That would be very cool indeed!
      I already tried copying the ExhaustEffect command hoping that it would work but it didn't... Do you have any other idea to at least fake this thrusters?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..