- All skins updated with cockpit textures and various other minor details.

- KM-1 Ejection seats added. Grey on most but black for Mig-MLDe, MiG-23P and MiG-23P (82)

- Grey undersides on Soviet Camouflage skins changed from grey to blue/ grey.  Additional dark green added in to the Soviet camouflage of later model MiG-23's.

- Skins added for Iraqi, Syria (Late), Polish camouflage, Soviet desert (in Afghanistan) and Soviet Afghanistan veterans.

- Corrections to decal size and/ or positions on various skins.

- Additional MiG-23MLDe variant created. This is the Syrian specific export model of the MLD which did not have the IFF or aerodynamic enhancements (vortex generators) of the Soviet MLD and had a slightly downgraded radar. Syrian made countermeasure dispensers installed on either side of the tail fin.

- Additional MiG-23P (82) variant created. This is the Soviet P model that was upgraded to the same standard as the MLD but without the aerodynamic enhancements.

- Made flyable with the MLD cockpit available here at CA by Stary. Cockpit modified for the M and MF aircraft to have the AOA warning light removed and an earlier style gun piper.

- Leading edge flaps fixed to now automatically deploy during manoeuvring for the MLD, MLDe and P (82)

- Radar data and performance is corrected from the S-23MLA radar to the S-23MLA-II radar for the MLD.

- Only MLD with S-23MLA radar has an ACM mode. All other MiG-23 radars have only Search or Track modes.

- KDS-23 countermeasure dispenser installed in the centreline drop tank pylon of the MLA, MLD, MLDe and P (82). This is a 12 shot chaff/ flare countermeasure dispenser that could be used once the drop tank had been jettisoned.

- Primary and secondary roles expanded to reflect the evolution of the MLD version of the MiG-23 into a more multi role fighter platform.

- Use of Kh-25M air-to-surface missile and datalink pod added to all versions.

- Loadouts enhanced and corrected. Some Afghanistan specific ones added.

- Fuselage and wing AA-8 positions corrected.

- Removed ECM jammer from the MLD.

- Grey, blue/ grey and camouflage centerline drop tank options.

MiG-23M

img00002.thumb.JPG.9313e394f6b5c2a5a5e61495df439f87.JPGimg00003.thumb.JPG.e29a7503aadbd3d51183527f554fbe28.JPG

MiG-23MF

img00004.thumb.JPG.b2170e455e6078c4839374467e2f4a5c.JPGimg00005.thumb.JPG.25b652699651999d75af51a04a094e04.JPG

MiG-23MLA

img00006.thumb.JPG.ece7e45f0d0205241c3711b6e4192507.JPG

MiG-23MLD

img00010.thumb.JPG.420c5b50bcd636fdf4b81c859d9169ff.JPGimg00007.thumb.JPG.5c0cfa0ce93622c9cc9fe962a9d05cd1.JPGimg00012.thumb.JPG.c04ea31a1fdded8298392b4c711c23dc.JPGimg00008.thumb.JPG.434aa577ede6208fdc27efe860aa5f76.JPGimg00011.thumb.JPG.17c7ae076aef4963868bac6ff62164ca.JPGimg00013.thumb.JPG.220ac7be46a0d9baed208eec8b94a9c6.JPG

img00009.thumb.JPG.e947fa47bc31aa5ab196fe8fc3df0aa1.JPG

MiG-23MLDe

img00014.thumb.JPG.636f7e1e5c1e0c8fed5a36992d62e126.JPG

MiG-23P (82)

img00015.thumb.JPG.e54032dbf1dee6da8ed590bf9bc69d23.JPG

Edited by dtmdragon
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 5

Amazing pack!! Looking forward to it!

• Like 1

oooh more sweeties for us kiddies !!! 

• Like 1

I love the results, but without proper support for the HUD functionality being built into the game, the cockpit can never be correct. Because of this, I prefer using the MiG-21 cockpit that is close to correct for the export version with the radar display down in the cockpit.

• Like 2

outstanding!!!  looking forward to adding to my games.

• Like 1

Great project !... :good:

• Like 1

Nice, but like to see some Eastern German version also for the German map plz...

Edited by JosefK
  • Like 1

awesome, esp to see nosearts from the other side of the Curtain

• Like 2

Cheers guys what started as a few Afganistan War skins has spiraled into a full update! Crusader had one in the works a while ago and has sent me some some great stuff to add in starting with some fixes to the cockpit and hud.

Additional changes:

- Wing spoilers fully functioning on the 3D models of the aircraft! Turns out they were always there but just not used.

- Changes to Iraqi skins and decal.

- Added Egyptian and Libyan skins.

- Earlier style AA and AG gun piper added to the M, MF and ML.

- No KDS-23 on the MLA

-YawDamper value added for all MiG-23 with the M, MF and MS having a lower value as the more advanced AOA limiting computer was installed from the ML onwards.

- Additional MiG-23M (85) variant created. This is a few squadrons of the Soviet M model that had its IFF upgraded some time between 1978 and the early 90's (Same nose IFF antenna as the MLD and P (82).

- All Mig-23 do have an ACM/ boresight radar mode but it is set straight ahead along the gunsight and does not move/ scan. The MLD and P (82) have an ACM/ boresight mode that scans vertically like the F-16 or F-15 etc

Svetlin has also sent me a single APU-60-1 missile rail for the AA-8/B that I haven't even had a chance to check out yet.

Edited by dtmdragon
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, dtmdragon said:

- Wing spoilers fully functioning on the 3D models of the aircraft! Turns out they were always there but just not used.

IIRC the problem with those is that they are one-sided nodes, and, for this reason, look weird when open...

Otherwise great project!

Edited by Blade

7 minutes ago, Blade said:

IIRC the problem with those is that they are one-sided nodes, and, for this reason, look weird when open...

Otherwise great project!

Better than  nothing I think

Also it turns out that most if not all the exported and Warsaw pack ML aircraft were actually MLA models, this is an error in most publications, model kits and flight sims alike and has only been corrected in recent publications. The ML was operated by the Soviet airforce and by the time the export models were being built the production line had switched to the MLA. So I will be moving most ML skins over to the MLA and adjusting the userlist.ini as appropriate. This will not affect any stock TW campaigns.

Edited by dtmdragon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking forward to an improved MiG-23.  The current one could use some work:

img00350.thumb.JPG.4a1da6ed714ec2293ccd4dc39824ff84.JPG

@dtmdragon I remember when I had asked you about something like this, a full fledged update for all TW's MiG-23s. Thank you so much for your work on this!

BTW, any chance to see Indian MiG-23s as well? We have the India-Pak scenario, which I look forward to update with a terrain rebuilt from scratch.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 2

Very nice project, well done :good: 

Though one comment may I have: :blush:  Based on some books (Yefrim Gordon Mig-23/Mig-27 - new extended edition, page 83) and on some russian webpage (like airbase . ru) that deals with Mig-23, from the Mig-23M series 23 (also earlier M-s were retrofitted to same) they did have the Reper-N built in active jammer since 1973.. At least variants used by USSR..  So removing these from M and later variants onward might be at fault to a degree..

"Reper-N" is the radio-altimeter. Antennas are mounted in two bulges under the fuselage, at the rear where the leading edge of the ventral fin begins.

I do not have the new edition of the Y.Gordon book, but when it really contains such basic errors.. uh oh :blink:

• Haha 1

I believe you, though the russian website text says : система постановки активных радиолокационных помех "Репер" Н  roughly says - active radar jamming system reper N

On 2/05/2020 at 11:53 PM, logan4 said:

Very nice project, well done :good: 

Though one comment may I have: :blush:  Based on some books (Yefrim Gordon Mig-23/Mig-27 - new extended edition, page 83) and on some russian webpage (like airbase . ru) that deals with Mig-23, from the Mig-23M series 23 (also earlier M-s were retrofitted to same) they did have the Reper-N built in active jammer since 1973.. At least variants used by USSR..  So removing these from M and later variants onward might be at fault to a degree..

On 3/05/2020 at 12:27 AM, Crusader said:

"Reper-N" is the radio-altimeter. Antennas are mounted in two bulges under the fuselage, at the rear where the leading edge of the ventral fin begins.

I do not have the new edition of the Y.Gordon book, but when it really contains such basic errors.. uh oh :blink:

On 3/05/2020 at 2:55 AM, logan4 said:

I believe you, though the russian website text says : система постановки активных радиолокационных помех "Репер" Н  roughly says - active radar jamming system reper N

I have chased this down too and are satisfied that no MiG-23 fighter variant in service had an internal jammer. I think the miss understanding in some sources is due to mistakes in translations or a 'fitted for but not with' type situation. Some Soviet MLD test variants were wired for jamming pods and/or internally jammers but this was not rolled out across the fleet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

According to Russian sources/photos the radio altimeter is "Reper-M" ("N" is probably another case of Letter mis-ID) on the ML series.

Two prototypes with internal ECM, the MiG-23MLDG with Gardenya jammer and one other.

Edited by Crusader
  • Like 2

It was one prototype with Gardenya ECM, and the other prototype was with SPO-15 RWR (project rejected by the RuAF) and that evolved into the enhanced project of MLA to MLD upgrade.

• Like 2