Sign in to follow this  
don246

Screen resalution

Please can any one tell me the best screen resolution for my FE2 I am running a 2560 X 1080 wide screen

I have tried nearly all settings in my FE2 and the outside the plane looks stretched in the cockpit looks very wide.

Running Windows 10 NO problems with game at all. Thanks

Probably a discrepancy between the screen resolution and the FE2 sim resolution - that's causing such stretching - specifically an "aspect ratio" problem. I recommend the following tweak, if possible:

Run screen resolution at your default widescreen setting of 2560 x 1080 but open up the "options.ini" file located in your FE2 user folder (in the main level of the user folder) - and under the "GraphicsOptions" section of that file, set the following numbers, and don't forget to save settings:

DisplayWidth=2560

DisplayHeight=1080

DisplayDepth=32

AspectRatio=2.370370

The trick is to set the correct aspect ratio (the one above is for resolutions of 2560 x 1080). For resolutions of 1920 x 1080, also 1600 x 900 in the options.ini file, use an aspect ratio of 1.777778 (avoid setting your monitor's resolution to 1920 x 1080 or 1600 x 900, however, since everything will remain stretched because of the wrong aspect ratio then involved for your size of monitor - only fiddle with aspect ratios within the options.ini file - but I think the most natural settings for your FE2 install, in options.ini, are the ones suggested above since then you can leave your monitor's resolution at its best/default settings too).

In short, always maintain the same aspect ratios between the monitor's resolution that has been chosen and the in-sim resolution set in the options.ini file, and also make sure that the aspect ratio in options.ini corresponds with the displaywidth and displayheight values set there. Formula for getting aspect ratios is displaywidth divided by displayheight, rounded to the sixth decimal place in FE2 (and SF2).

Happy flying,

Von S :smile:

Edited by VonS
Modified info.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you guys for the fast reply I used VonS and worked a treat. I am going to back up my ini file and try wilches just to see thanks again.

Stay safe.