IL-2 Great Battles VR is INCREDIBLE, I had no idea how Amazing the VR Environment was in IL-2 Great Battles of course, until I bought my first set of TWO HP Reverb VR Goggles. The VR in DCS is quite good, and in a few other sims like X-Plane it's just OK. But IL-2 Great Battles VR is in a Class All ALONE. Simply...well.....It's a Whole New World in Flight Simulation; to use a tired cliche. Listen people, until you ''Fly'' IL-2 Great Battles in VR (the Best that you can buy) you are looking at a Flat 2D Screen......there is simply No comparison with 3D VR. The IL-2 Great Battles Series VR is Unbelievable. PS: it is getting better and Better Every MONTH.

Edited by KJSimonCS
  • Like 1

Aces High has an exceptionally good VR implementation, but most of its cockpits are somewhat old models/textures. But it maintains fps in dogfights. Aerofly FS 2 is by far the best looking implementation. Their best aircraft models mixed with their best terrains look awesome and maintain high, smooth fps, but at the cost of a static world devoid any traffic on air, land, or sea other than what is pasted on in photo real textures that have zero animation. DCS World suffers performance issues and ghosting, but is otherwise my favorite VR experience because of the amazing cockpits and the updated terrains. If DCS ever gets its graphics engine updated in a way that boosts performance, it will be the king. But for now IL-2 is probably the best balance between performance and looks if you want to fly air combat in VR. Prepar3d and X-Plane aren't my favorite sims to begin with. P3d performance in VR is horrible. I haven't tried X-Plane in VR since they released graphic engine support for Vulkan. But I dislike X-Plane so many aspects of X-Plane that I will never fly it regularly no matter how well it looks and performs in VR.