Sign in to follow this  
Trent0001

F-35 woes continue

Quite an interesting article from Air Force Times detailing some of the ongoing problems with the Lockheed Martin white elephant.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/opinion/commentary/2020/03/02/congress-is-ultimately-to-blame-for-f-35-fiasco/

Sadly, it appears the Australian government is stubbornly pushing ahead with this process, at a cost of over AUD$100 million per aircraft.

Despite what some claim, the issues surrounding the F-35 debacle have not been resolved and don't appear like they will be any time soon. 

Edited by Trent0001
Changed spelling
  • Like 2

Bloody Stupid, the Aircraft is crap, plus its pig ugly, and its designed for a cold war environment, which doesn't exist any more. We would be better served by buying Russian aircraft, those at least are built to do the damn job,  The F-35 has no job, because it doesn't know what its job is FFS , it's the TSR 2 story all over again, but at least the Government had the sense to scrap that white elephant , even if it was for the wrong reasons..........Oh and the TSR 2 at least was a pretty aircraft !! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don't diss the beautiful, tiny-winged white elephant; the TSR.2 was a thing of beauty, the problem was more on the insane specs and expectations than the manufacturer abusing the system to get infinite money.

The F-35 program, at this point, is just a gigantic scam, it's no longer about making a plane fit for a mission, it's about extracting as much wealth as possible and funnelling it toward Lockheed Martin and its backers.

To think that some European countries are paying insane prices to use these things for air defence and air policing makes me sick.

• Like 2

I do not doubt the possibilities of TSR 2 , had she been given the backing she needed, however, the story of over spending and over runs in development killed her off, and as I said in my previous post she had to be curtailed , although the reasons were most definitely misguided and ill advised, and I admit it is a poor comparison perhaps, however we then ended up with Canberra , which was and until recently still is a superb aircraft, we also had Buccaneer, an aircraft that no other nation could match in its given role !! So yes TSR 2 given enough time would have certainly become a world class warplane. I was merely using TSR 2 as an example of a money pit of horrendous proportions, and thus a similar issue to that of the F-35....However, the F-35 is just shite, it has zero redeeming factors, its a crap dog fighter, compared to even the Mig 29 or Su 35 , F16 or F 15 , its ground attack capabilities are piss poor ,  akin to the F117 which lets be honest though ground breaking for stealth tech etc, was about as useful as an ashtray on a Motorcycle , which is why the US still utilise dyed in the wool 100% proven aircraft such as the B1B and B52 . The Gr7 Harrier was a more effective attack aircraft for goodness sake, ok the avionics and airframes were getting on a bit , however it did the job, and probably to update and repair would have been a heck of a lot less that this POS 

I wish to state that I adore the TSR 2 , and I should not have used her as an example maybe, other than to illustrate the Cost over runs and development over runs that are twice as bad in F- shitty 5 . 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Please note kiddy winks that My plane is better than your plane because opinion usually go the same way as religion and politics - and we neither get the pay or care about being tolerant moderators - therefore if you have nothing to present that is not based on something useful can you tone it down please.........thanks.

• Haha 1

Nah its just a teensy weensy misunderstanding , mainly propagated by my misrepresentation of the TSR 2 for illustration purposes, I doubt it will denigrate into a full on claws out bitchin' match ...........and the F-35 is shit......this is my opinion......just sayin' :deadhorse:

• Like 1

Oh and its uglier than me as well, so that is REALLY sayin' somethin' !!!