Looking good, though if they go with the CFTs I'll have to see about that for Block III

need to add the new B61s if anyone does this up for release (can pm them if needed). also iirc some Growlers are part of the package to replace the EW Tornados

• Like 1

The German Air Force will get 45 Hornets. 30 F-18D and 15 Growler as a replacement for our Tornados

2 hours ago, eccmo said:

The German Air Force will get 45 Hornets. 30 F-18D and 15 Growler as a replacement for our Tornados

Not fix yet….

• Like 1

Rad!  Just make sure the German Rhinos can pack a B61...

B61 as a nuke? Those guys ever trained for that?, can they even constitutionally deploy nukes?

Well, they are in NATO Nuclear Sharing  ...

Nukes are toys for guys without balls.

• Like 2

the whole reason for the Hornet/Growler purchase is that the Typhoons are not certified to carry B61s under NATO nuclear sharing. for some reason it was deemed easier to certify the Super Bug (its not certified to carry nukes either) than the Typhoon.  The Tornadoes are getting old and its time to replace them.

also mildly suprised Germany didnt decide to withdraw from Nuclear Sharing. fairly sure not everyone is part of that program

28 minutes ago, daddyairplanes said:

The Tornadoes are getting old and its time to replace them

oh?

how about BUFF and Albert ...not really younglings.

• Haha 2

true.

but the Luftwaffe drove em harder in the 70s/80s and hasnt spent as much money to take care of them as the USAF has, esp with the B-52H fleet. most of the Hercs (who i guess you mean by Albert) that are contemporaries of the Tornadoes are E models and those are just about out of US service as well.

as always, it boils down to money/maintenance hours. its what killed the Tomcat, why the USAF wants to retire 1/3 of the current batch of Bones, and why the Germans are retiring the Tornado.

like i said, what suprises me is that they dont retire the nuclear mission with it. but then again, European politics is abit more academic for me

The Hornet would have been the best successor for the F-4F. It was available in the late 80th.

img00257.thumb.JPG.34bc9da85237087e6e3079feaac0ac9c.JPG

img00260.thumb.JPG.f238256e28f5bed360ad25008b322bc7.JPG

img00261.thumb.JPG.a4612595d985f99023044ccc4f2f2f7a.JPG

• Like 1