Dexter249

"Digital Integration Tornado" Menu Music for Strike Fighters 2

"Digital Integration Tornado" Menu Music for Strike Fighters 2

Menu music from "Tornado" for Strike Fighters 2, replaces the standard menu music with that from the DOS Sim by Digital Integration.

Features 9 out of 10 tracks as I could not find a use for "Freedom".

Installation:
Drag and drop the .wav files in Part 1 and Part 2 to

C:\[user]\Saved Games\ThirdWire\Strike Fighters 2 [Name of Installation]\Menu

and that's it! Simple as that, some INI editing might be required.

Tested on Strike Fighters 2 North Atlantic June 2013 version, should work on any Strike Fighters 2 Version.

• Like 1

Awesome! Thank you!

Thanks for digging this up and placing on here, might use some songs in some future work!

16 hours ago, JosefK said:

Thanks for digging this up and placing on here, might use some songs in some future work!

Thanks! I must thank Damsonn (on youtube) for uploading the actual CD soundtrack and getting me hooked on the OST.

• Like 2

Man, I must thank you for making me discover this amazing OST. It really hooked me up. I'm in love with the "We Can Fly" song. It made my day, and May 13th's Top Gun day!

I found that Tornado is still being played and modded due to an open source code. Moreover, the current "developer" has obtained permission to release higher quality MP3s from the original author of the OST: http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/index.php/topic,7738.msg38676.html#msg38676

I wish I could find a copy of the Tornado Music CD with uncompressed, highest sound fidelity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Menrva said:

I found that Tornado is still being played and modded due to an open source code.

Cause only graphic is old in this game;-) It has amazing mission planner and simulation of avionic failures. Even autopilot has 4 modes. ALARM can be fired in direct or indirect (climb and search) modes. LOFT for freefalls has correct HUD. You can drop bombs manualy or leave it for MCU (you must only keep allowance pressed).

You can (must) select target for LGB manualy etc. Amazing game ;-)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, guuruu said:

Cause only graphic is old in this game;-) It has amazing mission planner and simulation of avionic failures. Even autopilot has 4 modes. ALARM can be fired in direct or indirect (climb and search) modes. LOFT for freefalls has correct HUD. You can drop bombs manualy or leave it for MCU (you must only keep allowance pressed).

Yes, I've heard lots of good things about it. Maybe I'll try it someday. I still have some good games ready to be used with DOSBox.

1 hour ago, Menrva said:

Yes, I've heard lots of good things about it.

Just download manual for it (is easy to find in net) and read few pages. Level of avionics simulation is incredible.

4 hours ago, guuruu said:

Graphics too old for me.  I so prefer SF2 and @guuruu's Tornadoes + Menrva's realSKY.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By kosmo92

View File SF2 Top Gun Maverick Menu Screens and Music
      SF2 Top Gun Maverick Menu Screens and Music.
      19 pieces 1920x1080 
      4 wav file

Submitter kosmo92 Submitted 04/01/2023 Category Menus  
    • By kosmo92
      SF2 Top Gun Maverick Menu Screens and Music.
      19 pieces 1920x1080 
      4 wav file

• By Eagle114th

View File Screen Overhaul - (1920 x 1080)
      Strike Fighter Project 2 – Screen Overhaul v1.2 Customizable Edition

The new version of SF2 Screen Overhaul 1.2 is now released.  Here is the following screen this mod completely overhaul:

-          Main screen
      -          Single mission screen
      -          Mission editor screen
      -          Hangar (Default) screen
      -          Loadout screen
      -          Planning screen
      -          Roster screen
      -          Campaign screen
      -          Campaign editor screen
      -          Pilot records screen
      -          Options screen

It does not yet cover another screen.  It is work in progress (WIP) for now.  What I am seeking for is feedback that will help me improving the mod further. It is one of my biggest projects I ever worked on for SF2. It gave me opportunity to grow a new skill I enjoy doing. 

NOTE:  Now that SF2 Screen Overhaul is becoming a customizable version. If you make any mods that adds or change anything to this mod, please add my name and mod name to your credit part.

You can contact me by PM in CombatAce (I am known as Eagle114th there) or Strike fighter series Discord chat (My username is Magic Dragon, so you can find me there too.)

Version 1.2 NOTES:

Buttons customization instruction:
      In Menu folder (SF2 mod folder), you will see various SF2 screen named as “BUTTONS_HANGAR, MAIN, OPTIONS, etc...), there are folders for each button.  In order, to change the color of buttons, go to one of button folder, you will see different folders for various color.  Copy the file from there and overwrite the files in any BUTTONS_(SCREEN) folder.

For example, in BUTTONS_HANGAR, if I want to change the color of “LOADOUT” square button to blue; I go to the folder “LOADOUT”, then “Blue” folder, copy the files: LOADOUT0.bmp, LOADOUT1.bmp, and LOADOUT2.bmp.  Then I paste (Overwrite) the files in BUTTONS_HANGAR.

Screens and Buttons customization Templates
      In different “BUTTONS_(different screen names)”, there are folder “_Templates’.  You can use it to change the designs, colors, or anything you want to do with the screen background or buttons. 

This mod uses a font known as Orbitron.  I included it in _Fonts folder.

I want to express my sincerely big THANKS to Menrva, Wrench, UllyB, Daddyairplanes, Wilches, JosefK, FalonCAF, and everyone else in CombatAce community for making this possible.  You all have been a huge help. 

Because of Operation Desert Storm 30 years anniversary great mod, I was able to study the codes on how SF2 menu work, which led me into developing new menu for SF2.  This mod is truly fun to fly in SF2.  If anyone hasn’t tried it yet, I highly recommend it.

There are detailed instruction that explains how to install in the proper ways in README file.  LEASE READ IT BEFORE INSTALLING! 

I included the plans for the next version in the readme too.  

The feedback are always welcomed!

Submitter Eagle114th Submitted 05/18/2021 Category Menus  
    • By Eagle114th
      Strike Fighter Project 2 – Screen Overhaul v1.2 Customizable Edition

The new version of SF2 Screen Overhaul 1.2 is now released.  Here is the following screen this mod completely overhaul:

-          Main screen
      -          Single mission screen
      -          Mission editor screen
      -          Hangar (Default) screen
      -          Loadout screen
      -          Planning screen
      -          Roster screen
      -          Campaign screen
      -          Campaign editor screen
      -          Pilot records screen
      -          Options screen

It does not yet cover another screen.  It is work in progress (WIP) for now.  What I am seeking for is feedback that will help me improving the mod further. It is one of my biggest projects I ever worked on for SF2. It gave me opportunity to grow a new skill I enjoy doing. 

NOTE:  Now that SF2 Screen Overhaul is becoming a customizable version. If you make any mods that adds or change anything to this mod, please add my name and mod name to your credit part.

You can contact me by PM in CombatAce (I am known as Eagle114th there) or Strike fighter series Discord chat (My username is Magic Dragon, so you can find me there too.)

Version 1.2 NOTES:

Buttons customization instruction:
      In Menu folder (SF2 mod folder), you will see various SF2 screen named as “BUTTONS_HANGAR, MAIN, OPTIONS, etc...), there are folders for each button.  In order, to change the color of buttons, go to one of button folder, you will see different folders for various color.  Copy the file from there and overwrite the files in any BUTTONS_(SCREEN) folder.

For example, in BUTTONS_HANGAR, if I want to change the color of “LOADOUT” square button to blue; I go to the folder “LOADOUT”, then “Blue” folder, copy the files: LOADOUT0.bmp, LOADOUT1.bmp, and LOADOUT2.bmp.  Then I paste (Overwrite) the files in BUTTONS_HANGAR.

Screens and Buttons customization Templates
      In different “BUTTONS_(different screen names)”, there are folder “_Templates’.  You can use it to change the designs, colors, or anything you want to do with the screen background or buttons. 

This mod uses a font known as Orbitron.  I included it in _Fonts folder.

I want to express my sincerely big THANKS to Menrva, Wrench, UllyB, Daddyairplanes, Wilches, JosefK, FalonCAF, and everyone else in CombatAce community for making this possible.  You all have been a huge help. 

Because of Operation Desert Storm 30 years anniversary great mod, I was able to study the codes on how SF2 menu work, which led me into developing new menu for SF2.  This mod is truly fun to fly in SF2.  If anyone hasn’t tried it yet, I highly recommend it.

There are detailed instruction that explains how to install in the proper ways in README file.  LEASE READ IT BEFORE INSTALLING! 

I included the plans for the next version in the readme too.  

The feedback are always welcomed!

• By snowburn

View File Alternative Hangar Template for Eagle114th Screen Overhaul
      Alternative .PSD Template for Hangars /  Eagle114th Screen Overhaul (1920x1080)

This is a Photoshop template for making your own hangars to use with Eagle114th Screen Overhaul
      I really want to keep my aircraft collection sorted, so when i saw Eagle114th's work i decidded to make some changes and include some more info about every aircraft (i keep them separated by country / service branch)

How to Use:
      This template contains 4 masked Groups, 1 what-if stamp and 1 text layer.
      Drag and drop your aircraft photo inside "Main Photo" Group, then press CONTROL + T to position and scale it inside the viewport, if necessary hide other layers inside this group.
      Select current manufacturer / service branch / flag or drag and drop your inside the relevant  group (note that i've included a few images like Argentine, Brazilian and UK Flag)
      Hide or Show the "What-If" layer (it contains a stamp in the upper right corner, as you can see in some screenshots)
      Use the Text tool on the bottom text and type aircraft name
      Save as .JPG 

Requirements:
      Eagle114 Screen Overhaul  - 

Gravicon Font (Free Download)
      https://www.fontzillion.com/fonts/tom-c-lai/gravicon-display?utm_source=fontsquirrel.com&utm_medium=matcherator_link&utm_campaign=gravicondisplay

Credits:
      A HUGE thanks for Eagle114th for making such a wonderful new menus.
      and Wilches for some ideas

Hope you like it :)
      Submitter snowburn Submitted 06/11/2021 Category Hangars  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..