Where can i get a mod for Hal Tejas. any suggestion.

Edited by Anshuman

Sadly there is no Tejas available for Strike Fighters 1, WoX series.

Only for strike fighters 2.

On 11.05.2020 at 12:47 PM, Anshuman said:

Where can i get a mod for Hal Tejas. any suggestion.

Hello!

You can download the Hal Tejas airplane model here.

The plane works (!) in 1st Gens, although minor modifications will be required. First of all, save the main Banidos_Tejas file in the ANSI format instead of Unicode, otherwise the game simply will not see it. Please contact if you have questions.

Edited by Crawford

On 11.05.2020 at 12:47 PM, Anshuman said:

By the way, here is a small SkinPack for this aircraft:

Thanks Brother,but currently i m playing WOE, i v already downloaded the previous file u mentioned ,but its not working in WOE.i ll try this too

bet it's a unicode lod... they don't work in 1stGens, and the game engine can't "see" them.

2 hours ago, Wrench said:

bet it's a unicode lod... they don't work in 1stGens, and the game engine can't "see" them.

:no: You will laugh, but THIS lod is written in ANSI, so it works great in the 1stGens. I guarantee it. ))

Probably, at that time Banidos was still using a normal MaxExporter_Max2009 without newfangled bells and whistles. In general, there is no difference if you do not use bump maps. Unfortunately, this beautiful model has a well-known shadow bug, so it’s better to turn off shadows in the main Banidos_Tejas.ini file.

5ec6f7ee42c61_HALTejas.jpg.54bf1496591704298ccbb35d490f7e75.jpg

By the way, a 100% sure way to determine whether the mod will work in 1stGens: just open the LOD file using Notepad (suddenly). If the opened text begins with the letters L O D , then the file is written in Unicode and 1stGens series games will not see it.

• Like 1

that is one of the WORST shadow bugs I've ever seen!!!

I didn't know about Notepad. I've been using a hex editor to open lods since the early 2000s!! Ya learn something everyday!

• Like 1

On 22.05.2020 at 2:54 AM, Wrench said:

I didn't know about Notepad. I've been using a hex editor to open lods since the early 2000s!! Ya learn something everyday!

We all learn something every day! :biggrin:

The focus with Notepad is good in that we can find out if the plane will fly in the 1stGens without starting the game itself. Since Mue's LOD Viewer 'sees' LODs of both formats, but does not report which format we are dealing with.

In turn, the Hex editor allows to easily change the format of textures embedded into the LODs. That is, from JPG or DDS to BMP format (or vice versa). Thus, all mods created for 2ndGens in ANSI - using MaxExporter_Max2009 - can comfortably work in 1stGens (or vice versa)).

that is one of the WORST shadow bugs I've ever seen!!!

Unfortunately yes! This bug is visible even in normal horizontal flight, and not only from some angles, as is usually noticed (when going below 45° roll).

img00017.jpg.52ce720e4e7f845392fbbd191ebb5df2.jpg

The model needs refinement in Max.
Another easy way is to just change the "CastShadow=" to FALSE. Also eliminates the problem for that single aircraft. This is not the best solution, but the only one at the moment.

Edited by Crawford

Aleducat nunca termino ese modelo, y lo largue en beta parta que lo vuele la comunidad, por eso no me molesto en soltar otros modelos de el como el packfa T-50  

============

Google Translation (by wrench)

Aleducat never finished that model, and I released it in beta as the community blows it up, that's why I don't bother releasing other models of it like the packfa T-50

• Like 1