Is the Mirage Factory team able to make a proper cockpit for their F-14D mod?  I love the fact that they have put so much effort into making the F-14 Superpack as realistic as is possible within SF2, except for the F-14D cockpit.  It appears to use the exact same pit as the F-14B, even though the Super Tomcat had some of its gauges rearranged to allow for 2 MFDs.

Grumman F-14 Tomcat | Cockpit, Aircraft modeling, F14 tomcat    At left is what is currently included.           F-14 Tomcat - Airforce Technology

At right is what the real F-14D Cockpit looked like.  I don't know if TMF has anything like this in the works, but if not, I just wanted to remind them (i'm sure they already know given the realism of the other F-14 variants).

• Like 2

I don't think so but it would be great if they do it.

It can't be that difficult, if they had the time and inclination to put it together.  Might have to use the avionics70.dll instead of the avionicsf14.dll to make those MFDs work.  The big thing would probably be redoing the actual 3d model of the cockpit.

having the MAX files would be the most important thing, yes? Don't know if they even still exist. Crusader or Sundowner might know. Then, there's getting someone to ACTUALLY re-work them in MAX. Not a lot of cockpit gurus around

• Like 1

it is on my long to-do list.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

When the Superpack became a thing (~2012), the team decided to use the F-14B cockpit that was already in use in the original F-14A/B release from 2010, which was further revised when TW released SF2:NA and actually allowed for the F-14's unique displays.  We didn't ever have an F-14D cockpit, so we just adjusted the avionics and radar a bit using the same cockpit, and that was the solution until an F-14D cockpit proper could be made, though no one had any plans for one.  To date, still no plans I know of exist, unless yakarov is serious in his comment in which case, good luck and I'd love to see it!

• Like 2

Speaking of Tomcat, I have a bit of news and I think this is the thread to do it.

Tomorrow - Saturday in the US - there is a livestream all day about the F-14.  Details: https://fightson.net/tomcat/

Long, long list of guests and door prizes!

• Like 1

is the max file for the F-14A/B cockpit available ???

Edited by ravenclaw_007

25 minutes ago, ravenclaw_007 said:

is the max file available ???

I went through my old messages and did not find one containing the max file itself.  ToS did the cockpit, so he'd be the one with the file.  I haven't seen him on in a long time, although that doesn't mean he isn't around.

I dont think any of us has the original max file for the pit

Still have 14A pit max backed up somewhere, and Ive also sent it back to ToS some time ago (years..).  He had planned to make a D pit (and/or B Sparrowhawk?), iirc.

The current D cockpit is so not a D 'pit...

img00948.thumb.JPG.4ab235fc93e592a8afd9b6fc3dbb49f6.JPG

On 15.5.2020 at 5:51 PM, Spinoee said:

It can't be that difficult...

:lol: :stars:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah it's like a late-model F-14A pit.

I'd love to see a real F-14D pit for TMF's Tomcat.

2 hours ago, Spinoee said:

Yeah it's like a late-model F-14A pit.

I'd love to see a real F-14D pit for TMF's Tomcat.

I literally explained it above: it's an F-14B cockpit.  We do not have an F-14D cockpit.  It would be nice to have, certainly, but until someone makes one, we have what we have.

• Like 2

If it's possible to import FSX models then perhaps contacting Dino Cattaneo, the creator of the freeware F-14D would probably be your best bet. Perhaps he can give permission to use the cockpit from his Super Tomcat as a base to import into Strike fighters 2.  I doubt it's easy though because if it was I would've tried it on my own with Mirage Factory and Dino Cattaneo's permission :lol:

Edited by Musashi311

I can't see any radar info on the lower display. If I have the corner box, it's there but, I don't fly with the boxes. 

On 4/1/2021 at 6:30 PM, rlwicker1967 said:

I can't see any radar info on the lower display. If I have the corner box, it's there but, I don't fly with the boxes. 

Dear colleague, if you put this configuration at the end of the cockpit.ini file, when you use the key that moves the nozzles on the harrier for vertical flight the flight stick moves and you see the radar screen. a greeting

Instrument[212]=CarrierLandingView2

[CarrierLandingView2]
Type=THRUST_VECTOR_CONTROL
NodeName=StickRoll
MovementType=POSITION_Z
ValueUnit=DEG
Set[01].Position=0.0
Set[01].Value=4.9
Set[02].Position=-0.002
Set[02].Value=5.0
Set[03].Position=-0.080
Set[03].Value=24.0 

On 1/4/2021 at 11:30 AM, rlwicker1967 said:

It's in the included manual, but you can cycle the displays.  In order to cycle the MDIG to the radar, you first need to ensure your radar is on, then:

"The display format is dependent on the player’s selection (NAV, TID, or ECM), and may be changed by pressing the BOMB RIPPLE INTERVAL key (by default, the “[“ key)."

So, you'll start with NAV mode, hit "[" once and you'll get the TID-Repeat (radar), one more time and it'll be the ECM Display, then cycle back to NAV.

On 1/6/2021 at 9:16 PM, Caesar said:

It's in the included manual, but you can cycle the displays.  In order to cycle the MDIG to the radar, you first need to ensure your radar is on, then:

"The display format is dependent on the player’s selection (NAV, TID, or ECM), and may be changed by pressing the BOMB RIPPLE INTERVAL key (by default, the “[“ key)."

So, you'll start with NAV mode, hit "[" once and you'll get the TID-Repeat (radar), one more time and it'll be the ECM Display, then cycle back to NAV.

Thank you, everyone. I just tried it out and it works. I don't know why I didn't see that in the instructions.

Now, I've also changed the annoying cockpit sound to something I like better. It's very fun to fly now.

• Like 1