Morning - I've been able to deceifer some of the code through trial and error, and used the Knowledge Base here, but no luck with this one. 

For SF2/Wo*, I've downloaded the terrains CentralPacific and Hawaii (SF1).  The terrains work, look great, and I can fly around, but no enemy aircraft appear.  If I even try to fly an IJN plane, the game crashes to the desktop.  I've messed with the Nations INI, made sure I have a carrier so the IJN has an airfield (Zuiho in Ground Objects - and since I can't find an Akagi, I edited the Targets and Types INI's to change Akagi to Zuiho), but I cant get enemy planes into the terrain.

Any help much appreciated.  Thanks again!

Have you suitably altered the 'allowed dates' in the terrain file?

[AllowedDates]
StartDate=1939
EndDate=2020

Yes, thanks for the reply.  For both terrains its 1940 to 2050. 

the Hawaii 1941 terrain is a oddity, and is SERIOUSLY fucked up. It has a 1 day usage. It's also the worst one I've ever built. Both terrains are designed for WW2 PTO mods folder ONLY. Don't try using them anywhere else. The dates on both are set as they are for a reason.

Limited nations is also true on both, so you'll need the appropritate IJN/IJAAF aircraft - expecially of Central Pacific. You'll need the proper ww2 Nations ini, and the nations adjusted data inis for the various aircraft - what used to be "Japanese Empire" was split to create "IJN" which not only includes the ship, but all the aircraft they used.

Wrench - thanks for the reply.  I've done what you've mentioned except for an 'only PTO' folder.  It may have probs but I do like the Hawaii terrain, and I can make my own missions in both of the terrains and then the Japanese show up; it just doesn't work for me in the normal automatically generated Single Missions. 

Thanks for all the great modding and the help.  Now I just need to find a Kate so the IJN can carry some torps.  Have a good one

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Menrva

View File Hawaii, Central Pacific (1959-2028)
      Hawaii, Central Pacific (1959-2028) Terrain
      December 13th, 2020 (1st Release)
      by Menrva

>For Strike Fighters 2: Vietnam, Recommended Full-5 Merged
      This is a complete remake of the Hawaii terrain. Unlike the original one released by Wrench, which is not in full Real World scale, this new terrain was made and tiled from scratch, and it features all the main Hawaiian islands in full scale, with more cities and pretty accurate elevation details.
      A better looking and more complete tileset has been added. Numerous target areas, such as small civilian airports, have been added in order to expand playability, targets of opportunity and year range.
      This terrain features a fresh new 250m resolution heightmap (instead of the stock 500m resolution), allowing for greater details and precision in elevation changes; overall it provides the whole terrain with a better look.
      The terrain spans from August 21, 1959 (when Hawaii officially became the 50th American State) to December 31, 2028; it is designed for fictional clashes between Red forces (namely Russia and China) and all of the American services (USAF, USN and USMC). The island of Kauai is added to Red Side for better gameplay; imagine it as the first step of a hostile invasion of Hawaii. All mission types are available, including CAS and Armed Recon.
      Targets reflect Real World events as accurately as possible; for instance, some airfields will appear only after a certain year, according to historic changes. If you have SF2NA, naval fleets will spawn in the Pacific Ocean. Also, Off Map Airbases have been added and long range AI flights can be generated from them. All main targets have been placed accurately in their Real World locations.
      Ground Objects are not included. You can obtain the most needed from Wrench's original Hawaii terrain release.

>Credits (in no particular order):
      -Wrench, for his permission to use his target areas from the original, smaller scale Hawaii terrain.
      -swambast, who provided me with invaluable help in tracking and fixing common and uncommon bugs, and for allowing me to include his exclusive Pearl Harbor Memorial 3d model (which you cannot redistribute).
      -gerwin, whose TFDtool has proved to be essential in today's terrain making. If the terrain is pretty accurate to RL it's also because of him. I included his very nice Airfield 7+8 Addon Pack, too.
      -mue, for the improved shaders he made, which I have included and reworked for the terrain, and for the tools he made for SF2 modding.
      -luk1978, for the waternormal bitmap he shared at the SF2 screenshots thread. Your mods are very interesting!
      -JSF_Aggie, for his great Hi-Res Runway Textures v2.0 which I included.
      -Stary, for the hi-res Okinawa tileset he made, which I have reworked and expanded.
      -Gepard, for his great tutorials about terrain making, in the SF1 Knowledge Base at CombatACE. It's a gold mine!
      -krfrge, who has produced a tutorial for recreating SF2-like planning maps, which prompted me to work on templates and my own high quality planning maps. Thank you very much!
      -comrpnt, for his Approach and Airfield Lighting Pack mod packages for SF1 series, which I reworked and included.
      Because this terrain re-uses some of the original target area layouts by Wrench from his previously released Hawaii terrain, I included the ReadMe files from his original package, to the end of giving proper credit to everyone involved directly or not.

>Disclaimer:
      This is a freeware; yet it can be redistributed ONLY in other CombatACE mods/mod packages.
      Any changes to the terrain package's files and/or any copy-and-paste attempts of their contents are NOT authorized if you plan to release them in other mods. But permission might be granted to those who request it to me at CombatACE.
      This terrain may NOT in any way, shape or form be used in any payware additions.
      Submitter Menrva Submitted 12/13/2020 Category Full Terrains  
    • By Menrva
      Hawaii, Central Pacific (1959-2028) Terrain
      December 13th, 2020 (1st Release)
      by Menrva

>For Strike Fighters 2: Vietnam, Recommended Full-5 Merged
      This is a complete remake of the Hawaii terrain. Unlike the original one released by Wrench, which is not in full Real World scale, this new terrain was made and tiled from scratch, and it features all the main Hawaiian islands in full scale, with more cities and pretty accurate elevation details.
      A better looking and more complete tileset has been added. Numerous target areas, such as small civilian airports, have been added in order to expand playability, targets of opportunity and year range.
      This terrain features a fresh new 250m resolution heightmap (instead of the stock 500m resolution), allowing for greater details and precision in elevation changes; overall it provides the whole terrain with a better look.
      The terrain spans from August 21, 1959 (when Hawaii officially became the 50th American State) to December 31, 2028; it is designed for fictional clashes between Red forces (namely Russia and China) and all of the American services (USAF, USN and USMC). The island of Kauai is added to Red Side for better gameplay; imagine it as the first step of a hostile invasion of Hawaii. All mission types are available, including CAS and Armed Recon.
      Targets reflect Real World events as accurately as possible; for instance, some airfields will appear only after a certain year, according to historic changes. If you have SF2NA, naval fleets will spawn in the Pacific Ocean. Also, Off Map Airbases have been added and long range AI flights can be generated from them. All main targets have been placed accurately in their Real World locations.
      Ground Objects are not included. You can obtain the most needed from Wrench's original Hawaii terrain release.

>Credits (in no particular order):
      -Wrench, for his permission to use his target areas from the original, smaller scale Hawaii terrain.
      -swambast, who provided me with invaluable help in tracking and fixing common and uncommon bugs, and for allowing me to include his exclusive Pearl Harbor Memorial 3d model (which you cannot redistribute).
      -gerwin, whose TFDtool has proved to be essential in today's terrain making. If the terrain is pretty accurate to RL it's also because of him. I included his very nice Airfield 7+8 Addon Pack, too.
      -mue, for the improved shaders he made, which I have included and reworked for the terrain, and for the tools he made for SF2 modding.
      -luk1978, for the waternormal bitmap he shared at the SF2 screenshots thread. Your mods are very interesting!
      -JSF_Aggie, for his great Hi-Res Runway Textures v2.0 which I included.
      -Stary, for the hi-res Okinawa tileset he made, which I have reworked and expanded.
      -Gepard, for his great tutorials about terrain making, in the SF1 Knowledge Base at CombatACE. It's a gold mine!
      -krfrge, who has produced a tutorial for recreating SF2-like planning maps, which prompted me to work on templates and my own high quality planning maps. Thank you very much!
      -comrpnt, for his Approach and Airfield Lighting Pack mod packages for SF1 series, which I reworked and included.
      Because this terrain re-uses some of the original target area layouts by Wrench from his previously released Hawaii terrain, I included the ReadMe files from his original package, to the end of giving proper credit to everyone involved directly or not.

>Disclaimer:
      This is a freeware; yet it can be redistributed ONLY in other CombatACE mods/mod packages.
      Any changes to the terrain package's files and/or any copy-and-paste attempts of their contents are NOT authorized if you plan to release them in other mods. But permission might be granted to those who request it to me at CombatACE.
      This terrain may NOT in any way, shape or form be used in any payware additions.
    • By Bbbumpy
      I love this sim- But c'mon! A real pilot would not know the location and type of every enemy aircraft with the in-flight map. Actually, not even the exact location of the friendlies. (Maybe with current classified technology, though)

Has someone made a mod in which only friendlies are shown on the map? Or, maybe just within a certain range of the pilot- Like a general idea of the situation around them for 10 or 20 miles or so?

Someone please point this noob in the right direction :)

-Russell

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..