Sign in to follow this  
osmanfirat

No weapons avaible for add-on aircraft, please help.

I just installed some add-on aircraft and weapons pack for WoE 2008 patched Steam version, but there are no weapons avaible for add-on aircraft. What should I do?

Make sure they arent in Weapons folder in another folder...sometimes ive dropped weap folder into it and realised after...if not...try using weapon editor.....open up the editor and open the weapondata ini for your game...then save and close...see if that works

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, russouk2004 said:

Make sure they arent in Weapons folder in another folder...sometimes ive dropped weap folder into it and realised after...if not...try using weapon editor.....open up the editor and open the weapondata ini for your game...then save and close...see if that works

They aren't.

46 minutes ago, russouk2004 said:

Weapon and gun editors won't open.

Just realized I also can't pick weapons for default aircraft. 

ahh yer forgot that....try download section most are there IIRC

• Thanks 1

any thought to just simply downloading and installing one of many pre-built weapons packs available?? 

Just a thought...

42 minutes ago, Wrench said:

any thought to just simply downloading and installing one of many pre-built weapons packs available?? 

Just a thought...

19 hours ago, osmanfirat said:

I just installed some add-on aircraft and weapons pack for WoE 2008 patched Steam version, but there are no weapons avaible for add-on aircraft. What should I do?

54 minutes ago, osmanfirat said:

Could you be a bit more specific?
And most clear answers to your question are already posted here. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

I can almost be the Steam version has some "missing" internal components. We've seen this before. 

But there's absolutely no fucking reason why a pre-built weapons pack, WITH the appropriate weaponsdata.ini and weaponsdata.dat files shouldn't work. Unless installed improperly or a base game install that trashed.

Sorry, I'm out of ideas. Good Luck

• Thanks 1

A thought occurred to me this afternoon:

You didn't, by chance, install the game to the DEFAULT location on a Windows 7 or later machine?

If so, you'll have to MOVE the entire game folder the ROOT of the C drive (ie: C:/WoE)

1stGen games, by default install the the C:/ProgramFilesx86 location. That's a protected region in Win7 and later. Which means you can't make ANY CHANGES OF ANY KIND -- INCLUDING ADDING SKINS, WEAPONS AND NEW AIRCRAFT.

So, move the entire folder, make a new shortcut, and see what happens. This is covered somewhere in the Knowledge Base, iirc.

If that doesn't work, then you're boned and will probably have to evolve to SF2

• Thanks 1