Dave

DCS Supercarrier.....and New HOTAS

Man the Supercarrier is nice....and I got it for only $21.03 using points and the pre-purchase discount. :drinks:  I also got this....and I don't know why.

hornethotas.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

The way the guys on the deck are animated is most impressive.

Screen_200522_223200.thumb.png.135229a0463d82fd5bb4805b1352c9dc.png

Screen_200521_232234.thumb.png.6f83d723218bb1e1479de1b17069ad8d.png

• Like 2

DCS World has come a long way from Flanker / LOMAC. I thoroughly enjoy it. I have finally started to get into multiplayer using the awesome combination of VAICOM Pro for interacting with AI and SRS for interacting with real people using the proper radio controls and procedures. The F-14B and F/A-18C are great aircraft to fly. With Supercarrier, these two Naval fighters shine as the most fun and immersive to fly in DCS World.

The Tomcat is a little harder to employ in combat because of the combination of older, complex systems and having to deal with the AI RIO, who can't figure out that if I tell him to track a target and the radar loses track while an AIM-7 or AIM-54 is in the air, that he needs to regain the lock as quickly as possible on the same contact. But the Tomcat is more fun to fly because it isn't fly-by-wire. The Tomcat is my go-to plane to fly until an F-4 Phantom is available. It is actually a half-decent F-4 simulator thanks to the RIO, steam gauge cockpit, and AIM-7/AIM-9 armament.  If the F-14A ever becomes available as originally promised, it has very similar power-to-weight with resulting similar climb and sustained turn performance. If you don't use AIM-54s, it will only have the range and TWS benefits of the radar over the F-4 in weapons systems. Whereas the F-14B's big engines make it competitive if not superior to anything else flying if you can handle the lack of fly-by-wire with good pitch and yaw control.

The Hornet is only crippled by two things: underpowered and low max g limit. But it is by far the easiest aircraft to use for air combat and one of the most fun to fly because of its high AoA performance. The Hornet really handles well if you can keep the speed low enough to not be limited by max G and fast enough to not be limited by drag and stall speed.

Edited by streakeagle
  • Like 2

My installs of DCS are too heavily modded for multiplayer and honestly I like doing my own thing with DCS anyway. Right now my ride is the F-14. I got the Viper and I like it but like you Streak the Tomcat is stick and rudder and I love it. 

Definitely love the supercarrier.  Having the deck crew there really helps the immersion, and also the lineup on the catapult so I'm not dicking around for five minutes trying to get aligned right, then rolling too far forward, then circling around the deck back to the catapult to try again, rinse repeat.  I also picked up the VKB F-14 combat grip.  Swap between that one and the Warthog stick depending on the module I'm flying.  I'm considering snagging the F/A-18 add-on, but will probably wait for a sale.  How do you like it, Dave?

• Like 1

I love it. I love the immersion it brings. Here are a couple carrier templates with e battle group and deck full of planes. Put them in your missions folder. One is set for 0515 and one for 0815. 

Carrier_Hornetnitemsn.zip