Sign in to follow this  
osmanfirat

SF2 black screen issue

so did mine until the drivers by nvidia arent compatible anymore.....thats why TK is updating the DX support to DX10 and windows10 support

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I updated to the latest nvidia drivers and I don't have the unlimited issue anymore. I have everything set to unlimted and it works fine for me...

I concur....working here too now...had new drivers since day of release...didnt think to check though lol.

Just an FYI that may be useful to some:

Yes, I have had problems lately with Windows 10 and SF2 - I get it working, then a Nvidia driver update causes a problem with it, then another comes out and it is fine, then another and it is a no-go once again, etc. etc.

For me, it will do the initializing system screen but then goes black and stays black instead of the normal menu screen (I have to then use task manager to exit the program). It hasn't at all been related to unlimited setting in my case. I have since played around with a re-install and have discovered that earlier versions work just fine for me. I have gone through the patching routine (I have a bunch of the patches stored away on a portable USB hard drive) and have discovered that it is a particular patch and onward that has introduced the win10  and video card driver difficulties (at least in my case) - It is good up to and including the Oct. 2011 patch - but November 2011 patch (and later) introduces an element that is causing the issue. 

From the Nov 2011 update readme:

Nov 2011
--------

* Enemy air defense units sometimes not re-spawning correctly when 
  Reflying a mission is fixed.

* Some of the graphics details have been scaled down to improve 
  peformance and eliminate stutter.

* The game sometimes starting in very low resolution when running 
  with Windows 7 Aero enabled is fixed.

* Hangar screens not showing on third-party aircraft mods is fixed.

* RAF Phantom F-4M (75) is no longer equipped with decoy dispensers,
  they receive the upgrade in 1980 as F-4M (80) instead.

------------------------------------------------

-- something in this mix is causing the problem  and since I can't make it to the main menu screen, my best guess is that it is 3rd fix listed - the low resolution Win7 Aero adjustment.