BasBoss

Help new aircraft load untill 90% and the game crash

I tried adding new aircraft to SFG but every time they seem to work fine but when the are in the loading screen they load untill 90% and then the game crashes. Most mods say they were tested for WOI so i understand if they don't work but others are tested for SFG and have the same problem. Some don't even say for what they were tested. 

My mods are:

5ecd0d1a38109_SF2pic.jpg.a2a4275d733e06670ed5923c9e240e3c.jpg

this is the game i have, someone else told me this was SFG on a different forum. 

1st of all make sure you have the latest SFG patch installed! i guess it is this: 

Test the sim, if it runs propperly then:

choose 1 mod you would like to install (make sure it is a gen 1 mod).

Install this mod and follow the instructions in the readme exactly.

Test it. if it works fine, add another mod.

Edited by Soulfreak

On 5/26/2020 at 3:05 PM, Soulfreak said:

1st of all make sure you have the latest SFG patch installed! i guess it is this: 

Test the sim, if it runs propperly then:

choose 1 mod you would like to install (make sure it is a gen 1 mod).

Install this mod and follow the instructions in the readme exactly.

Test it. if it works fine, add another mod.

I downloaded and installed the update but now whenever i load a plane, vanilla or mod the game crashes immediately. Doesn't even load. Now i can't play any plane, i don't know if is should reinstall the game and re do the update? what should i do?

the answer is ALWAYS uninstall and start fresh

we've seen that version cause problems before... so it's questionable version. 

i tried the update and it didn't work. i reinstalled my game and re did the update, still didn't work. reinstalled the game without update, works fine. maybe there is a different update i can try? I don't know much about this game or games in general, i am quite the computer illiterate person when it comes to modding and/or diving into game files. Any other suggestions? much appreciated. 

need to find out what version (patch level) it is. On the opening splash page, down usually in the lower right corner s a date -- month/year

below is the WoE main screen, SFG should be similar. The last patch available for SF, WoE, WoV was October 2008. Now, SFG might be different, especially for non-American versions. (of which I know very little). There may not be a patch for your version. If that's the case, you're going to be somewhat limited. If you can, take a screenshot of the main screen (prntscn). Since teh game won't see it a screenshot, you'll need an image program to save it with, then attach it here.

But again, as the other poster with that game version found a few weeks ago, you might be boned. Just saying (sad face)

woe_patch-level.jpg

11 hours ago, Wrench said:

need to find out what version (patch level) it is. On the opening splash page, down usually in the lower right corner s a date -- month/year

below is the WoE main screen, SFG should be similar. The last patch available for SF, WoE, WoV was October 2008. Now, SFG might be different, especially for non-American versions. (of which I know very little). There may not be a patch for your version. If that's the case, you're going to be somewhat limited. If you can, take a screenshot of the main screen (prntscn). Since teh game won't see it a screenshot, you'll need an image program to save it with, then attach it here.

But again, as the other poster with that game version found a few weeks ago, you might be boned. Just saying (sad face)

woe_patch-level.jpg

Here is the picture. (i had to shrink the picture for max file upload size) bottom right it says "v08.13.04"

Untitled.png

Edited by BasBoss
unclear picture

so, but as it's not the official 3rd Wire version, it may NOT be patchable up to October 08. (there being like 6-10 patches between 04 and 08)

You might want to look into getting the "regular" version from the 3rd Wire site. If international sales are (still) allowed.

https://store.thirdwire.com/store_p2.htm

I don't know if all the patches are stored there anymore, as that link seem to have vanished. I know the downloadable versions ARE at the 08 patch level

At the end of the day, it's probably smarter, easier to simply just go to SF2.  ESPECIALLY for any maching that Win7 or above. So much less effort on the End User's end.

that's all I got! Sorry! 

2 hours ago, Wrench said:

so, but as it's not the official 3rd Wire version, it may NOT be patchable up to October 08. (there being like 6-10 patches between 04 and 08)

You might want to look into getting the "regular" version from the 3rd Wire site. If international sales are (still) allowed.

https://store.thirdwire.com/store_p2.htm

I don't know if all the patches are stored there anymore, as that link seem to have vanished. I know the downloadable versions ARE at the 08 patch level

At the end of the day, it's probably smarter, easier to simply just go to SF2.  ESPECIALLY for any maching that Win7 or above. So much less effort on the End User's end.

that's all I got! Sorry! 

Thanks for the help, ill look into buying SF2. thanks again!