Im baffled...

in max looks fine...in mues lod viewer no problem...

in game...shyte...

I suspect that some fsx shader attribute is to blame though ive taken advice on mesh to select all polys,detach,and rename to lost smoothing etc from the mesh and should sort it...nope...xform reset has no effect as mesh is correct...

had similar with provost but that was dds textures...soon as converted texture to jpg was fine....doesnt work with this...I hav even merged the entire models meshes into a new scene re applied textures ...but still getting this...

looks unsmoothed in game but it isnt...

I am at a loss...been total of 6 hours spent trying to fathom this out.....

max pic viewer pic and game shots  ideas welcomed...lol  I could try redoing it via fbx or obj or 3ds but thats a lot of work....imported via .flt....(flightstudio model)

just a thought...may fire up flightstudio plug in and check imported flt model and see whats what

123.jpg

234.jpg

img00078.JPG

img00079.JPG

img00080.JPG

img00084.JPG

img00082.JPG

img00083.JPG

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 1

That's friggin weird!  Have you checked the materials in max? .. maybe some non-supported material? (opacity settings?) .. shadow geometry??

14 minutes ago, sophocles said:

That's friggin weird!  Have you checked the materials in max? .. maybe some non-supported material? (opacity settings?) .. shadow geometry??

yeah it is weird...all mats are correct AFAIK  they are all jpg for body parts....

im going to try summat ...importing parts such as fuselage as 3ds and try that...testing new fuselage now....exported as 3ds so hopefully it doesnt transfer any attributes from mdl...or flt meshes\etc

narrowed it down...its either spec or bump map doing it...  no spec and bump...using game settings for it.. at least I know whats doing it now..

just found paint kit for this so can make new...I suspect they had attributes assigned for fsx etc...they are hard to get rid of..

img00086.JPG

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 6

Russ, send me a texture file you're using if you'd like - I might have an idea I could try.

sent dds files.....seems to be ok now ..I think the dds were too dark,as fsx reads them differently to sf2....

8 hours ago, sophocles said:

It's question of materials. I had same thing and it stopped when I've changed bmp files to jpg. It's not ofc so simple, it is weird ;-)but try maybe ..

35cys.jpg

and export model again. Interesting thing. I had to restart my PC ...

Russo from your last screenshot it looks for me like a specular map thing.

BTW to avoid dds related issues, you should go to jpg format.

FSX handles dds format in a different way SF2 does. FSX uses much more the functions of dds Format (mip Maps etc) which SF2 doesn´t. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, russouk2004 said:

Im baffled...

in max looks fine...in mues lod viewer no problem...

15 hours ago, russouk2004 said:

narrowed it down...its either spec or bump map doing it...  no spec and bump...using game settings for it.. at least I know whats doing it now..

Yes the LODViewer has no problem with spec and bump (normal) maps, ... because the LODViewer completely ignores them :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yes the LODViewer has no problem with spec and bump (normal) maps, ... because the LODViewer completely ignores them

lolz.....I like it...

yead fsx uses dds alphas for shine etc....they are ok as dx1 no alpha but jpg is smaller and holds as much detail anyways..

I think the spec maps the model used were too dark...heres mine that are fine and work well.and the fsx.

btw good tool for making specs is ive found...hdr toning under adjust toolbar...on ps 2018 not sure if its in ps6

Image2.jpg

tt.jpg

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 1

yes, PLEASE don't use dds skins!!! We've been going around and changing those models that do/did back to jpg via hex editing.

thank you Russ!! :drinks:

that Dak is REALLY looking good, too!

• Like 1