Sign in to follow this  
Icarus999

Africa East (Madagascar) water bmp Does one exist?

The title says it all.  I have been away from simming for a very long time wanted to try out one of my favorite older terrains AE, but it is not working right in SF2NA.       I have not been able to find a water map for this terrain. Does anyone have one?

Thank you.

Don't know if this is what you're looking for, but here is one I use.

WaterMap.bmp

• Like 1

and it actually WORKS???

that terrain has one of the most fucked up height fields I've ever seen or worked with (as it, it ain't got one!)  I'd be surprised (but pleasentley!!)

let us know if it does!! :)

Why bother with the old AE? People seem to forget my complete terrain remakes. I remade the Madagascar terrain from scratch, complete with high-res heightmap, smaller islands and working water bitmap for naval ops: https://combatace.com/files/file/16631-madagascar-southeast-africa-1977-2018/

This one looks miles better, and there are no such heightmap bugs which Wrench mentions about the original AE terrain.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Wrench said:

and it actually WORKS???

that terrain has one of the most fucked up height fields I've ever seen or worked with (as it, it ain't got one!)  I'd be surprised (but pleasentley!!)

let us know if it does!! :)

Wrench,

It does work.  Can't remember how or why it works or where I got it, but it does.

8 hours ago, Menrva said:

Why bother with the old AE? People seem to forget my complete terrain remakes. I remade the Madagascar terrain from scratch, complete with high-res heightmap, smaller islands and working water bitmap for naval ops: https://combatace.com/files/file/16631-madagascar-southeast-africa-1977-2018/

This one looks miles better, and there are no such heightmap bugs which Wrench mentions about the original AE terrain.

Menrva,

I ported my SF1 'Out of Africa '77' install to SF2.  Most worked out of the box but needed to add at least one decent fighter for the allied/US side so I added F-8E Crusaders and a carrier.  Just needed to adjust the water.bmp and a few lines changed/adjusted to terrain .ini files.  I don't recall all the details, but I think there was no Madagascar campaign for SF2.

Love you Madagascar terrain but is there a campaign for it?

44 minutes ago, Geary said:

Love you Madagascar terrain but is there a campaign for it?

No. If you want, you can make a campaign for it. The terrain I provide has got a lot more airfields and target areas, and the scenario is more historically plausible (French Islands vs. Soviet aligned African countries). Madagascar is Red Side together with Mozambique.

But I'll bet Lemurland got removed (sad face). King Julian must be very depressed (as people won't stop touching the feet)

:lol:

Seriously, though, Menrva's is soooo much better!!

• Haha 1

'We like to move it, move it!'

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wrench said:

But I'll bet Lemurland got removed (sad face). King Julian must be very depressed (as people won't stop touching the feet)

LOL, I know, I am too serious about certain things sometimes, sorry. Actually, Lemurland was there in the previous version. The latest I had uploaded has it removed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/31/2020 at 1:16 AM, Menrva said:

Thanks Menrva, I will download it:)