Digital counter refuses to work...

weird thing is the VS (below the ALT text) wont show either even though its exact same texture as the ALT...in fact they are identical except in name...its been reset etc and pivots are ok...tga works on one but not the other...

also the counter mesh...its exact as the mesh in hornet pit for example...and uses the didgitalcounter tga that uses....I linked the ALT meshes to the ALT mesh and called that Digital Alt

[Digital Alt]
Type=PRESSURE_ALTIMETER
CounterNodeFormat=DDI_ALT_dig%d
MovementType=DIGITAL_DISPLAY
ValueUnit=FEET

same for the vert speed which is called Digital speed

[Digital Alt]
Type=PRESSURE_ALTIMETER
CounterNodeFormat=DDI_ALT_dig%d
ValueUnit=FEET

dig speed is linked to the sperry box and the dig alt to panel...

bloody odd...im probably missing the simplest of thing....why nothing ever straight forwards lol...

pics show the probs...and the heirachy...

Image2.jpg

Image5.jpg

img00031.JPG

Image6.jpg

Edited by russouk2004

Its either a TypeO or I would check that the "Instrument[xxx]=" call outs have no duplicate or missing number in their sequences and the name matches the one on the list/parameters.

Did some testing.. and have to make some "correction" to the above...
When everything is correct you will still have one issue with its operation, if it is set up for "VerticalVelocityIndicator", namely, the counters can not go into "minus" range, so it will show climbing properly, but if you descend then it will stay at 000. Like the bellow pics show (the counter in the upper left corner of the panel - for compare the the lower right climb indicator) .

img05696.JPG

img05697.JPG

img05698.JPG

• Like 2

yeah...thought about the - issue so set as altimeters  unless I fly below sea level should be ok ?

remade all the textures redid tga`s in case....and re done the listing so will check in a bit.

fed up of this now....

remade em all...what pisses me off is the VS sign is dead same as ALT but wont show...

the 2 lower left00 are for show....

lower 000 is the airspeed dig1 2 etc...

just a quick Q  I assume that each mesh is linked to parent not each other 5 to 4   4 to 3 etc. ?

heres the ini and pics...

pic 2 also why does sun show thru...opencockpit=true isnt in the cpit ini...will it go if I add opencockpit=false ?

gonna do summat else and bin this lol

[Altimeter]
Type=PRESSURE_ALTIMETER
CounterNodeFormat=AltDig%d
ValueUnit=FEET
Scale=1

[AirspeedIndicator]
Type=AIRSPEED_INDICATOR
CounterNodeFormat=IASDig%d
ValueUnit=KNOTS

img00035.JPG

img00036.JPG

Image2.jpg

Edited by russouk2004

Yes, correct they linked to parent not to each other.

Never run into the sun problem, but the entry might help.

With the meshes you can check one more thing, "flipped faces" could cause such symptom, though if the mesh was simply cloned should not have that issue.

I check in mues lod viewer after exporting    polys are ok....im lost....

heres how each digit mapped....used lod viewer to copy exact size of the mesh (0)   as in the f18, etc....

named from right to left Altdig1 to Altdig5 linked to the digital box in picture.and same for the speed digits named   IASDig1  to IASDig3..then after copied same data from the f18 pit  or f22....used same names for each mesh..(btw I assume I only map the 0 no need for mesh for each digit as game does that as you explained before.

I spaced the meshes in pit where the ALT and VS ones you see are  so they cant be hidden....

im out of ideas lol...  pic of it in 3ds max.

I am now going out to hit something lol...

Instrument[056]=Altimeter
Instrument[057]=AirspeedIndicator

[Altimeter]
Type=PRESSURE_ALTIMETER
CounterNodeFormat=AltDig%d
ValueUnit=FEET
Scale=1

[AirspeedIndicator]
Type=AIRSPEED_INDICATOR
CounterNodeFormat=IASDig%d
ValueUnit=KNOTS

Image2.jpg

Edited by russouk2004

Since you have conventional needles also for speed and altitude on left and right seat is there a name duplicate in the instruments list?

Well, I don´t think it so important. It´s a wonderful job the way it is.

Nothing to do with the "PRESSURE_ALTIMETER_2" or 3 type thing is it??

9 hours ago, logan4 said:

Since you have conventional needles also for speed and altitude on left and right seat is there a name duplicate in the instruments list?

not as far as I can see...needles are named with 01 02 etc. and co for co pilot...

about the typre 1 2 0r 3  not sure SD tried most of em lol

Well, I don´t think it so important. It´s a wonderful job the way it is.

I know m8...but its also for future reference so if I have problem again....im still learning pit making...

• Like 2

had a thought...maybe its summat to do with the mesh its attached to....so made a quick gauge...re linked and works...names need sorting now....also

img00038.JPG

• Like 2

working perfect now...plus AP light comes on in autopilot..

the sperry box mesh was mapped to a tga...no wonder it wouldnt work...mapped now to proper texture...

speed  is a split second behind game speed counter by 1knot  bottom left...odd...maybe its delay in the signal...happy with that...tho

SORTED...lol

img00039.JPG

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 2

Wish the co-pilot of external model would fuck off lol...when in correct position hes always there  tried alsorts..

setposition yes and no....opencockpit does nothing...

only thing I can think of is move pit forwards and add the props\engine nacelles front to lod...only way ur gonna see them from pit atm....unless theres a fix.

I notice that  you have pilot figure in cockpit ..of external model he doesnt show up in the virtual cockpit...I moved the view to see whats going on ...only co pilot shows up in the virt pit....there must be a coded entry somewhere to stop him showing...only thing I can think of is to just have pilot in the external model pit...so virtual pit can be in correct position....without the fekkin copilot lurking.

unless someone knows a fix..

Edited by russouk2004

Have you tried changing the Co-Pilot entry of the external model to something that uses the "ShowfromCockpit=False" entry?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1