I downloaded the last weapon packs but there is no weapondata.ini file there. Making such a file it will take me weeks to put one by one, all the weapons. I looked into SF2 CAT which has the weapondata.ini. I put the file into my C:\GAMES\StrikeFighters2 Israel\Objects\Weapons folder , but it can't read directly the weapon archive so the weapon editor can't open anything. Am I doing anything wrong ? If not and is no other way around can someone please give me a weapondata.ini plus all the weapons ? Thank you.

PS - in SF2 the weapons editor can read whole folder where is a weapon stored ? I asked that because I noticed that weapons come in folders and they are separately and I don't know squat about how weapons work in SF2 (format, where are they stored, syntax importance etc)

PPS - I looked into knowledgebase but the info for weapons there are old, from 2008, 12 years ago.

Edited by UllyB

You dont need to have the weapons data ini anywhere in the game, ever. The weapons editor reads from the cat file, THEN from any sub-folders in the /Weapons folder.

the WE is no longer really needed, as ALL weapons are in seperate folders with the relevant main ini, data ini, lods and skin maps within. It can all be edited by hand with notepad in the weapons data ini.

Maybe if you explained WHAT you're trying to do ... we can be of more assistance. Other than taking forever and a day to open the WE works fine. Are you using the right version? Should be April 2012

• Like 2

So if I put all the weapons , from a downloaded weapon pack for SF2 and copy them all, into my weapons folder (from my SF2 install mod folder) they will just be available in game ? That is what you are saying ?

Secondly I still need to operate inside a weapon editor (like in SF1 series), because maybe I will change  some parameters , tweaking distances to suit my style etc. I just need to know how I can operate it. is it like in SF1 series or is different ? Tell me like you explain to a person who never operated a weapon editor in SF2 environment, which is no far from truth. And yes, I have the 2012 weapon editor, you downloaded.

Edited by UllyB

Probably you must set patch to your MODS folder.

35zGq.jpg

35zGr.jpg

I have this in Options.ini:

[Mods]
ModsEnabled=TRUE
Directory=C:\GAMES\StrikeFighters2 Israel
Editors=StrikeFighters2

I default use now SF2 Israel , to get use to the game.

mods enabled ONLY means you can add things.

this is the most recent weapons editor, alos available in our handy-dandy downloads section. 

make a new folder in your Saved Games folder, I called my Utilities, and execute from there. You WILL have to set the paths on editor startup

and yes ALL weaons go in the /Objects/Weapons folder. You can move/copy that entire folder around into all or none your seperate game's mods folder. That how most of us do it.

There are tutorials in the SF1 & SF2 Knowledge Bases. Very well covered. 

SF2_WeaponsEditor_setup_Apr2012.exe

editors folder.jpg

• Thanks 1

So , you only need weapons in weapons folder and it should work.

35zGZ.jpg

35zGX.jpg

35zGY.jpg

• Thanks 1

I did what you instructed, and yes now it shows itself and it works, I can see the weapons and to edit them. THANK YOU !

• Like 1

The work has just begun .... muuuuahahahahahahhaaaaa              <-------evil laugh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

run! run now Ully! before the ini madness takes you!:lol:

12 hours ago, Wrench said:

The work has just begun .... muuuuahahahahahahhaaaaa              <-------evil laugh

I know exactly what you mean !! I prepared myself mentally for this big cross (SF1 to SF2) and I count on your help in this endeavour friends.