After searching, I was surprised to find only two A-4 Skyhawk Blue Angels skins available and they are both for SFP1. The original MarcFighters skin was made to match the original resolution of SFP1 skins. It looks good otherwise, but is clearly far from a Sundowner's F-4 skin level of detail and quality. The other skin is for the A-4F and is of a much lower quality. My interest was piqued after trying out the free DCS World A-4E Community mod, which includes a beautiful Blue Angels skin, but it has the hump. So, that made me wonder if I could find an equally good looking Blue Angels skin for an SF2 A-4 without the hump. The answer is that there is no SF2 skin with or without the hump. TK did great skin DLCs for the F-4s that added respectable Blue Angels and Thunderbirds skins. But he never did the same for the A-4s. 

So here is what it looks like with SFP1 vs DCS:

img00011.JPG

Screen_200616_000445.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Won´t be to hard to create a SF2 Blue Angles Skin.

Cause we´ve got Nyghtfall´s templates for the stock A-4s.

The skin should be made for the A-4G... that would provide a 3d model reasonably close to the A-4F used by the Blue Angels and its flight model should be close, too since it was up-engined.

all the 3W scooters are mapped identicaly. it don't matter which one is used.

Use the templates for A-4E+F, they include hump and no hump and should work fine. The differences to the G-model are very minor. You could also use the E 3D-model and add some fakepilot-stuff if you don't have the DLC.

The other template posted is for the earlier C and L variants with short nose and different intakes (+ some painted on differences).

• Like 1

McDonnell painted their F-15B test/demo plane in colors patterned after the Thunderbirds' T-38s. I would have loved to have seen the big F-14s and F-15s doing airshows. But it was political death to spend that kind of money. They were lucky to be able to go back to first line fighters instead of cheap, fuel efficient trainers/light attack aircraft like the T-38 and A-4 brought on by the energy crisis.