Where are the effects ini files in the archive ? I can't find them. I would like to see the MissileFireEffect.ini content and if the LongRangeMissileEffect.ini is still here as a SF2 update version. Can anyone help please ?

Well .. let me think .. in Effects folder ?

35HS4.jpg

35HS5.jpg

Edited by guuruu
  • Haha 1

The only Effects folder that I have is in the mod SF2 Israel that I have created. I checked the SF2 NA, it doesn't have any Effects folder. It has Control, Missions, Objects, PilotData, Screenshots folders and Options.ini and version.ini files. How come you have those ini files in Effects folder ? However could you confirm that in SF2 Effects folder DOES exist a file called "LongRangeMissileEffect.ini" and if so could you copy its content here for me please ? Secondly could you, please, copy the content here for me of the MissileFireEffect.ini file ? THANK YOU!

PS - Or simplier, maybe you could (or someone) please upload somewhere the WHOLE/complete Effects folder for me ?  I want to study it thoroughly. Thank you

PPS - Does anyone know, please, what is the name of the shader effect (the one inside MissileFireEffect.ini) which emulate, when you fire an AIM-9 missile , which has set the MissileFireEffect.ini as booster effect name, that flame in the rear of the missile when it is launched ? I want to try that shader effect into a ini I created for missiles. Thank you

Edited by UllyB

There are no individual Effect.ini files in the CAT archives. All stock effects are defined in particlesystem.ini (contained in FlightData.CAT).

• Thanks 1

Thanks. That is the POWER of knowledge when you KNOW something that others don't.

Edited by UllyB