Sign in to follow this  
jack33

trail of smoke stays longer

Dear colleagues, any of you could pass me an alteration of the missileinflight.data so that the trail of smoke stays longer. I have done everything, more emissionrate more particlelife but it does not stay as I want. please some kind soul

post the original ini, with the changes youve made so we can compare

also are you saving this to the effects folder in the mod folder, and do all your names match up? ie texturematerial=abc.tga in both the ini and abc.tga in folder. it is a common issue for ini changes not taking effect

ARRRGGHHH!!!! Chemtrails!!!!

I hope they aren't dispensing CW-7 ... we all know how that turns out

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, jack33 said:

Dear colleagues, any of you could pass me an alteration of the missileinflight.data so that the trail of smoke stays longer. I have done everything, more emissionrate more particlelife but it does not stay as I want. please some kind soul

I learn everyday how divers is the world/people. You want a trail smoke to stay longer, I use a smooth smoke trail because I think that the stock one is inconsistent and ugly.

1 hour ago, jack33 said:

thanks for the answers, answering Ully the simulator is from the cold war years and then the contrails of the missiles left a lot of trace. this is my data. ini

MissileInFlightEffect.ini

MissileFireEffect.ini

I see, now it makes sense. However if you ever want a smooth smoke effect just buzz me. Cheers!

for longer smoke trail, you really gotta bump the particleLife up. when i changed water injection on the B-52G i went with around 210.

img00900.thumb.JPG.174d084bc37228137b2c309f3d3c2c3d.JPGimg00905.thumb.JPG.0b700288f420530a2a0a00ae20846154.JPG

i was trying for that extreme smokiness that comes from a water injection MITO takeoff, but the info might be useful for what youre doing too

• Like 3