Folks, what makes my WWII plane climbs vertically like a rocket after leaving the runway? Is it an DATA.INI mess or what? Is there a fix? Cheers!

There is a "game issue" regarding the take off behavior. I've concluded there is an invisible vertical waypoint that the AI aircraft target after take off. This causes the steep low speed AI climb outs you see after take off. Also,  there are things going on with the aircraft weight when under AI / autopilot control. If IIRC, the weight of the external loadout is ignored.

Having said that, there could be an FM issue as well. What airplane are you having issues with?

sometimes I have opposite they barely lift off before runway ends lol....probably an ini issue. more often than not tho they lift off ok...unless base under attack

Edited by russouk2004

Check the entry MaxPitchForAltitude= in the  [AIData]  section of the aircraft's Data.INI.

The stock figure from AircraftAIData.INI is (from memory) 15, which is  too high for WW2 aircraft. Try reducing it to 10 -12 for a WW2 fighter, and 8-10 for a WW2 bomber, and see if that fixes  the problem.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys! The plane is the YAP's Ki-43-III. I'll try the ini edit trick. Post results later.