Sign in to follow this  
UllyB

Launching a heat seeking missile falling effect

One of the first things I liked in this Strike Fighter series sim was the realistic way missiles fall before turning on their motor and spring forward. Things, through weapon editor, could be set nicely in SF1 series. I thought I can do that, too, in SF2 weapon editor, but no matter the delay or booster parameters fixed by me, the heat seeking missile just springs forward without falling first. Can anyone tell me how can I set the missile to fall first before turning its motor on please ? I noticed thtat Sparrows work just fine when I set these parameters for falling.Thank you.

PS - I know that heat seeking missiles are faster and they don't technical fall like heavier ones.

Edited by UllyB
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ravenclaw_007 said:

which heat seeking missile you are talking about ???

All of them. I tried the AIM-9 range and some Russians A-8 and A-8B

PS - Have you notice my reply in Willie Pete thread ?

Edited by UllyB
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UllyB said:

All of them. I tried the AIM-9 range and some Russians A-8 and A-8B

PS - Have you notice my reply in Willie Pete thread ?

Those missiles behave correctly and realitcly in Sf2

21 minutes ago, Stratos said:

Those missiles behave correctly and realitcly in Sf2

So you mean that the weapons editor settings  (the delays parameters I couldtweak ) are ignored directly by the game's engine which is set to make the effect of heat seeking missile directly from the programming lines only ? You know that for sure or are you just guessing ?

No guessing here, both the AIM9 and the AA8 are launched directly from the rail, they do not fall and then ignite.

aIrwvMp.jpg

• Like 2

AIM-9 missiles are carried on a missile rail , on launch the rocket motor ignite and the missile is guided on the missile rail , there is no free falling

the same for the russian counterparts

• Like 1

leave your damned weapon editor apart and dont use it for SF2

EjectVelocity=0.0,0.0,-2.0      in Data ini at weapons stations which you need

Edited by bazillius
misprint
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I did some thorough dig and you are right. The sustainer motor work in conjunction with the delay factors and heat seeking missile don't have any so that is why I can't get the effect (and yes I already admitted, I know that in reality heat seeking missile don't fall prior to their launch). It's simple , I couldn't see it from the first time. Sorry, my fault. However thank you for open my eyes on the matter.

• Like 1