Sign in to follow this  
UllyB

High resolution optical window

I saw the F-4E_AUP Phantom which was very impressive in terms of high resolution, the optical  window for launching LGB and Mavericks especially. What I wanted for a Kfir C2 plane was to have the same resolution for the LGB /Mavericks tiny window in the right up corner as the F4_AUP had (see the pics). These are the lines involved from avionics.ini files for both planes:

KFIR C2

[TextureData]
RWRTexture=cockpit\Kfir_rwr.bmp

F-4E_AUP

[TextureData]
RadarTexture=cockpit\F-4E_AUP_Radar.jpg
RWRTexture=cockpit\F-4E_AUP_RWR.jpg
RadarAGTexture=cockpit\F-4E_AUP_RadarAG.jpg
RadarTextureSize=512

[TVDisplayData]
UseRadarTexture=true
DisplayLimitLeft=0
DisplayLimitRight=512
DisplayLimitTop=0
DisplayLimitBottom=512
ApplyFilter=TRUE
FilterMaterial=DTVFilterMaterial
OverlayTexture=cockpit\TGP_Overlay

[DTVFilterMaterial]
IRImage=TRUE
DepthBufferCheck=FALSE
DepthBufferWrite=FALSE
RenderedInOrder=TRUE
AlphaTestEnabled=FALSE
CullMode=NO_CULL
LightEnabled=TRUE
SpecularEnabled=FALSE
EmissiveEnabled=FALSE
FogEnabled=FALSE
AmbientColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000
DiffuseColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000
ZBufferOffset=0.000000
PriorityLevel=2
BlendOp=MODULATE
NumTextureStages=1
TextureStage[01].TextureName=cockpit\F-4E_AUP_TVgreen.jpg
TextureStage[01].MipMap=TRUE
TextureStage[01].FilterEnabled=FALSE
TextureStage[01].StageColorOp=TEXTURE
TextureStage[01].StageAlphaOp=DIFFUS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried to copy them over (plus the TGAs and JPGs in the cockpit folder) but it doesn't work. What should I change for Kfir to have that window resolution ? I checked , Kfir C2 uses , too the library for avionics70.

1.jpg

2.jpg

You need to play with this line in laser designator. for example i show you Su-25T's data ini. i am lazy to search in Phantom but i think you understand the way with it

// TCS -----------------Shkval----------------------------------------

[LD]
ReferenceName=
SystemType=LASER_DESIGNATOR
CameraFOV=1000000          <--------------
CameraPosition=0.000000,7.125000,0.000000
CameraYaw=0.000000
CameraPitch=0.000000
CameraRoll=0.000000
SightTexture=Su-25_HEAT_seeker.tga
EODisplayFlags=268763648
SeekerRange=10.000000
SeekerGimbleLimit=5.000000
SeekerNodeName=SeekerHead
SearchFOV=1.000000                          <--------------!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This line
SearchTexture=Su-25_HEAT_seeker.tga

Edited by bazillius
misprint
  • Thanks 1

remember if you use laser a container you have to search this line in the container

I see, you are talking about Laser Designator which is part/"mounted" of aircraft and has its own lines (I was so excited that I forgot to check if the plane had a laser built-in or an attached laser pod and check its lines in data.ini file LOL), where the wings loadouts are and not about a laser Pod. I get it. I ll see what I can accomplish, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Edited by UllyB

I checked. The F-4E_AUP uses , too, a Laser pod, the AN/AAQ-28 Litening Targeting Pod to be more specific. So that means we are on square one, again. So the settings which gives that clarity I am afraid are in the avionics file of the Phantom. There is no other explanation (both planes using the same LP give those results, one clear image  and a low resolution bad one, so Laser Pod settings are out of the question). Could you take a look , again, please, to both avionics files , maybe a spark will ignite ? :)

PS - what does a DataLink Pod emulates in the game , I forgot ?

UPDATE

An idea crossed my mind, I copied all the F-4E_AUP avionics.ini file content into Kfir's one and tried the Kfir. Now the optical display looks right. The problem is that I don't know which lines are responsable for the result from the Phantom's avionics file lines. Man it's hard..If there were someone who knows how avionics libraries work in conjunction with avionics files maybe I would learn something and how to build something here..But if no one explains me I am totally in the dark because I don't know how they work. It's frustrating.

Edited by UllyB