Sign in to follow this  
UllyB

1300 fuel tanks for WHATIF Argentinian Kfir C7

The whatif Argentinian Kfir C7 comes with no 1300L tank LOD (FuelTankName=AR_Kfir_RP1300C on the wing setting). The 3D model has built-in  fuel tanks. It doesn't work to simply replace it with the Mirage stock one (they don't match). I checked some weapon packs with no luck. I could hide the original fuel tanks and bring others but I would like to try find the original first. Does anyone, please have the LOD to give it to me or to point me to a weapon pack that has it ? Thank you

Edited by UllyB

98.6% of all SF2 aircraft have the drop tanks built into the aircraft's LOD  Use the LOD Viewer.

And we DO NOT ask for the sharing or the sharing of, stock 3W lods (even if they were available -- they're locked away in Cat2-. That violates the site's anti-piracy policy.  3rd Party is ok, as long as permission form the original builder is a "known thing"-

I said it was a KfirC7 which is a third party obviously. TK didn't make a KfirC7 model, I checked before (I know that TK, for SF2 models, locked them because of the very reason you mentioned it, I know that for a long time so, trust me, I know what I do when I ask something here). That is why I asked for it. But , silly me, I forgot that , when you have a built-in fuel tank, it's easier to create a fake tank (a fuel tank without 3D model name) and add it to your weapons , with weapon editor. So I feel so stupid now in the end knowing there was no 3D model for it at all, for obvious reasons! LOL

I consider this thread closed.

PS - and I DID use the LOD viewer obviously. How else could I know that they were built-in ?

Edited by UllyB

The weapons editor is NOT needed in SF2. All you need are the inis, if cloning an existing unit, or all the bits if using an older converted one.

And in the C7's main ini, what lod is called for?? Bet it's the stock 3W C2's.

7 minutes ago, Wrench said:

The weapons editor is NOT needed in SF2. All you need are the inis, if cloning an existing unit, or all the bits if using an older converted one.

And in the C7's main ini, what lod is called for?? Bet it's the stock 3W C2's.

Nope, you are wrong, they are not, they were CREATED by this fellow.

These LODs lines are in its ini file:

[LOD001]
Filename=AR_Kfir-C7.LOD
Distance=1500

[LOD002]
Filename=KfirC2-001.LOD
Distance=3000

[LOD003]
Filename=Kfir-002.LOD
Distance=5000

[LOD004]
Filename=Kfir-003.LOD
Distance=8000

And these are the stock ones:

[LOD001]
Filename=Kfir_C-2.LOD
Distance=100

[LOD002]
Filename=Kfir_C-2_lod2.LOD
Distance=250

[LOD003]
Filename=Kfir_C-2_lod3.LOD
Distance=500

[LOD004]
Filename=Kfir_C-2_lod4.LOD
Distance=1000

[LOD005]
Filename=Kfir_C-2_lod5.LOD
Distance=10000

However, I was asking about fuel tanks LODs, not the plane's LODs (please see my first post again), which is different no matter you look to the problem.

Regarding the weapon editor I disagree with you. One needs weapon editor as Yakarov79 stressed it, for bringing in an easy way ORDER into your weapons. If you or anyone else won't care about order in weapons department, that is your/his choice, not mine.

Ok, so what we're seeing here is a pirated mod??? That someone, somehow extracted the LOD before they were locked and uploaded it???

Further investigation of the mod will be necessary. We don't allow that here.

And who give a fuck about the order? Those of us that have been doing this for 17+ years know where to look for we want.

23 minutes ago, Wrench said:

And who give a fuck about the order? Those of us that have been doing this for 17+ years know where to look for we want.

It's so hard to believe that some people can appreciate some order in a weapons list ? The model I downloaded is from this site, it has been here for years. It's unlikely someone could have had that nerve to upload here something pirated. Let me know what you find about this issue.

Edited by UllyB

Wanna bet? I've been moderator and then an admin at this site for going on 15 years. People are constantly trying upload ripped and pirated models.

Lets just say they get stomped on pretty hard. We may not be the DAT site, but we can be brutal when needed.

12 minutes ago, Wrench said:

Wanna bet? I've been moderator and then an admin at this site for going on 15 years. People are constantly trying upload ripped and pirated models.

Lets just say they get stomped on pretty hard. We may not be the DAT site, but we can be brutal when needed.

In highschool, almost 40 years ago I had a literature teacher. At first I had the feeling that I will rather hate him then like him, but soon I discovered how wrong I was. He was  hard on us, he had a black sense of humor but he also was a very good professional and I learned things about life contemplating his mind/deeds. Many things I learned them from him on the hard way but it was worth it in the long run. Somehow you remind me of him, you have the same style, the same black humor so when I see you speaking here I am just guessing what you are going to do/say next. LOL

Edited by UllyB
  • Haha 1