Sign in to follow this  
UllyB

Ships appearance in SF games

Would ships, from ground Objects Folder, noted WARSHIP, in their data.ini files, will appear in (randomly) single missions or just in campaigns ? I saw in Wrench's map Israel2 some warships noted as Warehouse and some oil tankers noted oil field or something. Will that do to make them appear anywhere ? I ask those sort of thing because I want to learn about ships dynamics in this game.Thank you.

has nothing to do with "ship dynamics". These are GroundObjects being used as TerrainObjects.

Nothing to see here...

14 hours ago, Wrench said:

has nothing to do with "ship dynamics". These are GroundObjects being used as TerrainObjects.

Nothing to see here...

Alright then , but  could you, please, tell me how and where will they appear as targets, especially those noted by you as warehouse in TerrainName_Types.ini ? Those noted as warship in TerrainName_Types.ini will they appear in campaigns only ? It's important for me to know that, please understand, because I want to increase the chance for ships (especially the warships) to appear as targets in single missions. Teach me , please, how to do exactly that or a workaround or something. I ask that because I saw that the generic cargoship, in stock maps is noted MISC (from miscellanious probably) as TargetType. When I saw you noted them Warehouse, I thought you did that to increase their chances to appear in strike missions, too. Am I wrong ? (please don't say just "yes" LOL)

[TargetType294]
Name=ISCargoShip
FullName=Israeli Freighter
TargetType=WAREHOUSE
ActiveYear=1948
TargetValue=250
UseGroundObject=TRUE
GroundObjectType=IS_Freighter
RepairRate=0.555
StartDetectChance=0
StartIdentifiedChance=0
IncreaseDetectChanceKey=0
MaxVisibleDist=8000.0
DestroyedEffect=ShipDestroyedEffect
DamagedModel=
SecondaryEffect=LargeOilFire
DestroyedModel=maru_destroyed.LOD
SecondaryChance=100

Edited by UllyB

yes.

it's to increase the chance of them being tasked as a target in strike mission. You'll be assigned more warehouses than parked boats, which the game really doesn't support (as in port targets).  These are fixed targets, what will always appear within the years specficed by their data inis, start date in the _types ini, and even specificly listed dates in the _targets.ini.

Think of this logically ... a cargo ship in port is full of what????

thats, "goods and wares". Therefore, it's a floating storage building for ware, ie: a warehouse.

Tankers in port are full of what????

petrochemicals, most usually oil (crude or refined). Therefore it's a floating oil tank, ie: fuel_storage.

So, in the end, these have nothing to do with what your trying to do -- increase shipping traffic in the sea lanes

• Like 3

Now I see clearly your point. Thank you. I'll keep this type of thinking close.