MigBuster

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 pre-order

Capture.JPG.186d7474fce21d6ff92628a384b1a1fc.JPG

Start preparing for take-off.  Xbox Game Studios and Asobo Studio are thrilled to announce that Microsoft Flight Simulator launches on August 18, and you can pre-order on Windows 10* or pre-install with Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) today. 

We have been thrilled and humbled by the support and dedication that has fueled the Flight Sim community for the past 38 years. Since the launch of the very first Microsoft Flight Simulator in 1982, we knew it was finally the right time to develop the next-generation version of Microsoft Flight Simulator. We have the right tools, technology, partners, and hardware to release the most realistic and authentic flight simulator to date. Microsoft

Flight Simulator features include: 

Vivid and Detailed Landscapes – Immerse yourself in the vast and beautiful world that is our planet with more than 1.5 billion buildings, 2 trillion trees, mountains, roads, rivers and more. 
A Living World – Earth is vibrant and ever-changing and so is the world of Microsoft Flight Simulator which includes live traffic, real-time weather and animals.   
Highly Detailed Aircraft – Hone your pilot skills in a variety of aircraft from light planes to commercial jets with comprehensive flight models. Every aircraft includes highly detailed and accurate cockpits with realistic instrumentation.  
New Checklist System – From pro to beginner, scale your level from full manual to full assist with interactive and highlighted instrument guidance and checklist. 

Dynamic Weather – The new weather engine enables users to switch on the live weather mode to experience real-time weather including accurate wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, rain and more. 
New Day & Night Engine– Experience flight at any time of day or year allowing for night VFR, visual flight rules, navigation. 
Aerodynamic Modeling- A state-of-the-art physics engine with over 1,000 control surfaces per plane allows for a truly realistic experience. 

Three Editions of Microsoft Flight Simulator 

Explore all of this and more with any of the three editions of Microsoft Flight Simulator. 

The Microsoft Flight Simulator Standard Edition ($59.99 USD) includes 20 highly detailed planes with unique flight models and 30 hand-crafted airports. The Standard Edition will be available on day one with Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta). 

The Deluxe Edition ($89.99 USD) includes everything from Microsoft Flight Simulator’s standard edition plus 5 additional highly accurate planes with unique flight models and 5 additional handcrafted international airports.  

The Premium Deluxe Edition ($119.99 USD) includes everything from Microsoft Flight Simulator Standard Edition plus 10 additional highly accurate planes with unique flight models and 10 additional handcrafted international airports. 

In addition to its digital versions, Microsoft Flight Simulator will be available as a retail disc version at European stores via Aerosoft. For more information on these retail disc versions in Europe, please visit the Aerosoft website.  

Your fleet of planes and detailed airports from whatever edition you choose are all available on launch day as well as access to the ongoing content updates that will continually evolve and expand the flight simulation platform.   

https://www.flightsimulator.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-set-for-launch-on-august-18-for-pc-also-with-xbox-game-pass-for-pc-beta/

https://www.flightsimulator.com/product-description/

Track IR has now been added  https://www.flightsimulator.com/closed-beta-now-available/

• Like 1

I looked at the options. I decided to preorder the best one with the 10 extra planes and 10 extra airports.

The airplane selection isn't very exciting for me because I like Flight Simulator X having the P-51 and F/A-18 as well as helicopters built in. I also liked the ultralight. Very good variety. But if you are just going to have general aviation aircraft, I want a Cessna 152 and Cessna 172, they have both. Airport wise, they came pretty close to giving me everything I would want. I like airports/cities I know well. I lived near San Francisco and flew in/out of that airport many times. I lived in San Diego, but spent some time in LA and flew in and out of LA a few times. I currently live in Orlando, so it is great that they included that one. Chicago and New York are must haves if you are going to have any US airports/cities at all, and I have traveled to those a few times, too. But I would have loved to have my favorite two cities with their airports: San Diego and Tampa.

Now if this looks and runs as well as the trailers, the only thing that should disappoint me is the lack of VR support. But I have to wait for over a month to find out.

• Like 2

Some third-party good news:

1. DC Designs - creator of the F-15 & F/A-18 for P3D - has committed to port over to FS2020 plus create a F-14D for FS2020
  2. IndiaFoxtrotEcho - creator of some great jets - has made some commitments to add to FS2020

So hopefully we'll see some military aircraft in FS2020 sooner rather than later.  The scenery I am seeing is outstanding.  Just wish there were some high performance airplanes to go with it...

• Like 1

Have put my name down and will be giving this awesomeness a run for my money..........VR missing for now but really not bothered myself........will let others miss out if they want to wait for that to happen.

I am enjoying VR right now, particularly with DCS World and to some extent in other sims like IL-2:BoX series, Aces High 3, P3d, and Aerofly FS2. But I want the tech to reach the point that VR image quality matches flat panel image quality with a full natural field of view at 90+ fps... and that level of hardware isn't going to exist for quite some time, if ever.

To use VR in P3d, you have to disable all the Orbx terrain addons and lower the quality settings too much. The whole point of the civil flight sims is to have amazing image quality if you are focused more on sight seeing than realistic systems or flight modeling. And even if you are more focused on the systems and flight modeling, neither requires VR. So, it is understandable that MS chose to focus on 2d panel quality and performance. The only question is have they really delivered or is it marketing hype like the in-game screenshots on the back of old PC games sold at stores in big boxes.

Excited to take it to the next level. However I'll have to look into a new computer to support these new flightsims..... time to step it up! Microsoft Flight Sim 2020, DCS, the new IL2.... yep, time for me to buy a new rig!

14 hours ago, HerkDriverJ said:

Excited to take it to the next level. However I'll have to look into a new computer to support these new flightsims..... time to step it up! Microsoft Flight Sim 2020, DCS, the new IL2.... yep, time for me to buy a new rig!

Me too, thats the only downside to flightsims having to upgrade to keep up.

I think if i was total up how much I've spent on hardware and software over the last 36 years I could've bought a reasonably priced Hunter or maybe a Gnat by now considering my first purchase was a ZX Spectrum 48K & a Kempston Joystick back in 1985 :biggrin:

There is no way I'm going to spend this kind of money if there's no 737, 757, 767, or 777. Maybe if I can be assured that all of the aircraft lights are in their proper positions on the models, I'd think about it. Now, if they had the airport like in 'The Langoliers', I'd definitely have to go for it. 🤣

Will this be available for Xbox 1 consul or is it just available for pc

6 hours ago, DEVIL11 said:

Will this be available for Xbox 1 consul or is it just available for pc

Q: What platforms will Microsoft Flight Simulator be released on?
A: Our PC release is on August 18, 2020. We will share more information regarding the Xbox release in the future.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015204020

With the release of Microsoft Flight Simulator now only a few weeks away, we are now able to talk more freely about some of the exciting new features and future plans to come for the new simulator. Microsoft and Asobo Studios have been busy sharing all-new details for the upcoming flight simulator including detailed information on Virtual-Reality (VR), buying the simulator on Steam and also what the future for flight simulation looks like.

Virtual-Reality (VR)

Perhaps one of the most anticipated feature requests Microsoft and Asobo see is having Virtual-Reality with the new simulator. After the initial E3 trailer in 2019, the team heard loud and clear that VR was a must-have for flight simulation enthusiasts. Since then, the team always knew it would be coming to the simulator, it was just a matter of when. Well, it has been confirmed that the current plan is to release a free update this coming Fall to include VR compatibility.  Initially, it will function only with the HP Reverb G2 Headset, but more options will be officially supported in the future.

Whilst the wait for Virtual-Reality is still a few months away, it is now confirmed that TrackIR support will be part of the simulator on day one.

https://fselite.net/news/microsoft-flight-simulator-information-vr-steam-edition-third-party-info-and-future-plans/

You can now purchase a Spitfire Mk IX from the store in game!