Sign in to follow this  
Wizard43

Wrong Avionics After Adding Planes

Hello.  I installed SF2 by buying the Complete Collection so I guess that is the same as a fully merged install?  I created a mod version of that install and added a small number of planes I downloaded here.  They are some training aircraft like the T-33, T-6, T-6II and a Hawk.  I also added some speech mods to make wingmen, ATC and AWACs sound different.  I noticed now that some newer aircraft from the modded game have older avionics.  The cockpits in the modded game look like they have a radar and RWR from maybe an early F-4 or F-8?  Even a newer F-4 that should have a more elaborate radar has this style radar and RWR showing in the modded game.  Do you think this is a case that one of the addon aircraft I put in my modded game have overwritten some files related to the correct avionics.

Thanks, Wizard

F-14A stock avionics 001.jpg

F-14A wrong avionics 001.jpg

Delete or just move add on avionics files and game will revert to stock...do one at time to see whats what...

Hi, Wizard. I think you're using Easy Radar display. If you select Normal or Hard, you should have the old style avionics back.

Edited by Zumbido

Thank you both for the replies.  The issue was indeed that radar difficulty was set to Easy.  I switched to Normal and the correct screens are back in my cockpit.  I'm so happy that worked.  I was hoping to avoid changing around avionics files.

Thanks
Wizard