Ok guys, I've recently started play at SF2 Korea ( wow,wow,wow I'm in love with it) and I noted that I can't load the F-51a with napalm; this happened also in SF2 Israel but at first I think that was a problem relative to SF2 Israel Mustang only, but now happened also in Korea' 51s.

Theorically any pylons allowed to carry bomb will be loaded with napalm right? I checked that the nape have the attachment type matching the plane pylons attachment and the export set as true.

Someone else noted this issue? Any idea to solve it?

Yes, nape is classed as "BOMB". Odd that it's not loading, or even selectable

In-game wise, it's not as destructive as it could be. Pretty to look at, but you're better off with fragmentation bombs or standard HE (my opinion only)

years on your nape match years on Mustang, years in Korea? do the Nations match (ie could nape be USN rather than USAF)? is the weight of the nape lower than the max weight of that wing station?

Edited by daddyairplanes

Wrench,you're right , but is cool to use for SEAD or CAS.

Daddy,yes all match, even the weight as the 75 Gal nape use the same Mustang external tanks...

I can use in many different planes but not the 51...

I tried but nothing.

Can please show me the plane and napalm DATA.inis?

Thanks

you should be able to use either the 75 or 108 gallon -- they weigh the same as the drop tanks. (in fact use the same lods). There should be no reason why they won't load on the stock 3W mustang we used for KAW.

We all know the Israelis use nape with great success against Arab force tanks in Siani in 56 and 67.  But like I said before, it really more eye candy (what a horrible thing to say!!)

========

edit: check diameter limit in the data ini -- increase it or comment it out. Nape will load then

nap-1.JPG

nape-2.JPG

(I had to laugh when I say what my target vehicles were!! How appropriate!! fire bombing a Fire Truck!!!:lol:)

Thanks guys.

Wrench,I've the suspect that will be yhe diameter ,as I checked the DATA.inis of both the nape and planes and only this parameter don't match, but I went to sleep and only this morning made the modification and all work in both the modeed games

img00006.JPG

img00009.JPG

• Like 2

“In-game wise, it's not as destructive as it could be. Pretty to look at, but you're better off with fragmentation bombs or standard HE (my opinion only)”

Wrench,

You remind me of when a school friend applied to join the RAF back in 1972 (same year I joined).

At the Officer and Aircrew Selection Centre, then  at RAF Biggin Hill, they asked him “would you drop napalm on an undefended village?”

He replied “oh no. A fragmentation bomb is _far_ more effective.”

He didn’t get in.

Edited by Mike Dora
  • Haha 2