Hello guys, I've started a campaign in NF5 with the F-4F_80 and noted that the cockpit display work only as radar (all functions A/A and A/G ) but when select the Mavericks,I don't have the display showing the target and relative simbology (crosshair,ecc...).

I made a quick try also with the F-4F and nothing; also tried to use the cockpit,Cockpit and avionics inis from F-E_72 and E_75 ( all USAF birds have displays working perfectly) but nothing.

Any idea?

My NF5 is a full merged,July 2013 patched installation

You should use Volker´s F-4F!

Yes, think will be better,already knowing the quality of Volker' works...

• Like 1

Not sure if you are having the same issue I had but... in Options, do you have radar set to Easy?  By the way, what is NF5?

Wizard

3 hours ago, RustyKurnass said:

Ok, new olanes installed but the issue persisted...

if you use the F-4F made by me you have to fly with the F-4F_80 to have the AGM-65 working , the early F-4F did not have the AGM-65 they just used bombs and rocket pods

i just check the F-4F_80 and it is working with out any problem

On 7/29/2020 at 9:28 AM, RustyKurnass said:

Hello guys, I've started a campaign in NF5 with the F-4F_80 and noted that the cockpit display work only as radar (all functions A/A and A/G ) but when select the Mavericks,I don't have the display showing the target and relative simbology (crosshair,ecc...).

I made a quick try also with the F-4F and nothing; also tried to use the cockpit,Cockpit and avionics inis from F-E_72 and E_75 ( all USAF birds have displays working perfectly) but nothing.

Any idea?

My NF5 is a full merged,July 2013 patched installation

- to use Maverick (AGM-65) missile , you have to have a avionics.ini file in plane's folder, declared in plane's ini file as well.

- TK planes support two avionics.dll libraries (avionics60.dll for older avionics effects/avionics70.dll for newer avionics effects). The name of the supported library should be in plane's ini file defined, check for it. If the planes does not support the chosen library, choose the other one and see if it works.

- in avionics.ini file you must have something similar somewhere in the file, depending on the aircraft and who made the effect:

[TVDisplayData]
UseRadarTexture=TRUE
DisplayLimitLeft=16
DisplayLimitRight=239
DisplayLimitTop=12
DisplayLimitBottom=243
ApplyFilter=TRUE
FilterMaterial=DTVFilterMaterial
OverlayTexture=F-4E_DTV.tga

[DTVFilterMaterial]
EffectShaderName=twColor1.fx
DepthBufferCheck=FALSE
DepthBufferWrite=FALSE
RenderedInOrder=FALSE
AlphaTestEnabled=FALSE
CullMode=NO_CULL
LightEnabled=FALSE
SpecularEnabled=FALSE
EmissiveEnabled=FALSE
FogEnabled=FALSE
AmbientColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000
DiffuseColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000
ZBufferOffset=0.000000
PriorityLevel=1
BlendOp=MODULATE
NumTextureStages=1
TextureStage[01].TextureName=GreenTVFilter.bmp
TextureStage[01].MipMap=FALSE
TextureStage[01].FilterEnabled=FALSE
TextureStage[01].StageColorOp=TEXTURE
TextureStage[01].StageAlphaOp=DIFFUSE

- if the plane's cockpit has a radar display built-in and uses avionics70.dll library, then,  in avionics.ini file, you should have this line:

[RadarData]
AvailableModes=SEARCH,TWS,STT,ACM,GM,TV (the mode you want for your Maverick missile)

However it works even without this line if you , at least, have in avionics.ini file the lines I wrote above.

- if the plane's cockpit doesn't have built a radar display or uses avionics60.dll library you can't see in your cockpit, for obvious reasons, the radar display , but you can see the virtual radar display in that window on the right top of the screen, IF you have those lines I wrote above for avionics.ini file. However this situation is not preferrable, it will be unnaturally to see a radar display knowing that in the cockpit you can't see anything.

- if the plane uses a third party cockpit (not a stock one) you must have the cockpit folder and all the files that are needed for displaying the radar (mostly BMPs, JPGs, TGAs files)

Common mistakes:

- the names of the avionics.ini file doesn't match the one declared in plane's ini file.

- you miss BMPs or JPGs files needed for radar display, in cockpit folder.

- the files needed for radar display are declared wrong in the avionics.ini, section described by me above in that example.

- some lines in avionics.ini file call for wrong BMPs/JPGs files (their names). Sometimes avionics.ini file can be modified, in time,  by one or many persons who, often, forgot to let everything in order there:

[TextureData]

//RadarTexture=cockpit\F-4E_AUP_Radar.jpg
RWRTexture=cockpit\F-4E_AUP_RWR.jpg
RadarAGTexture=cockpit\F-4E_AUP_RadarAG.jpg
RadarTextureSize=512
RadarTexture=cockpit\F-18E_Radar.jpg

Edited by UllyB

Thanks guys, Volker you're perfectly right, the F_80 work flawlessy; also checked my books and the Maverick was added half-career in the inventory, so I preferr left the things as is for historical correctness.

Ully thanks for your info, for these reasons I've tried to replace the cockpit, the cockpit.ini and avionics.ini from the Es models and edited the rispective lines in the F-4F.ini, but probably I made some mistaken