Dear colleagues, is it possible to add the pilot's legs to an existing cockpit with 3d max? if you can, how it would be done. Sorry if the question is absurd, but I'm not an expert, just an amateur. Thank you

36 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Of course you can. Not only the pilot's legs, but even his arms. )) But you need to have at least a 3D model of the cockpit to which you are going to attach the legs.

https://combatace.com/files/file/9208-pilot-legs-developer-pack/

Dear crawford, To import the 3d model of the cockpit, in 3d max, do I need any plugin ?, because I try with the cabin of the F-16C Blk50 / 52 Series By the Viper Team and I cannot

Of course it is for personal use only

first i like to know from who did you get the 3ds max file of the F-16C Blk50 / 52 Series , or do you try to import the lod file to 3ds max , this would not work

• Like 1

you need original 3dmax file of the cockpit - then you can play with it. Add pilot legs or even any other limbs...but this is already creepy) 

You can not import lod file and edit it. Or - actually, you can import lod file (I am not gonna tell how and what) but it will still not bring you any closer - as a max file from imported lod is generally unusable. 

1 hour ago, jack33 said:

Of course it is for personal use only

personal use or not - would be at least appropriate to ask modder of the original file. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jack33 said:

Dear crawford, To import the 3d model of the cockpit, in 3d max, do I need any plugin ?, because I try with the cabin of the F-16C Blk50 / 52 Series By the Viper Team and I cannot

Well, of course you need a 3ds file and probably a modder's approval. It seems to me that no plugin is needed in this case. But you won't be able to directly convert LODs from the game to 3D Max files.

There are pirated programs that allow you to steal models (not all do!) directly from the game in a format suitable for editing in Max, but it is forbidden to discuss such things here - for obvious reasons. In addition, in this case we get only the "naked" model - all animations, node names and their hierarchy, textures, etc. will be lost. That is, the game is worth the candle only if you are very close friends with 3D Max. And, in any case, it cannot be posted here for viewing and downloading.

If you just want to experiment, download this file -

https://combatace.com/files/file/15458-sf2-ww2-mto-tomahawk-iib-raf-pack/

there RAVEN kindly left us a 3ds file of the cockpit. You can even put it as a cockpit on your F-16C :)

Edited by Crawford
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, yakarov79 said:

Add pilot legs or even any other limbs...but this is already creepy)

Why not? )) The armchair aces would not feel like an invisible man in a virtual cockpit. The main thing is that the other limbs of the pilot do not interfere with reading the readings of the instruments. ))

If done correctly, it would look pretty good. Something like that...

Agressor_2.thumb.jpg.e7815c8acc5c84e8fde6c8162cb5a92b.jpg

Agressor_4.thumb.jpg.4876d0f5065202f8bb0ac3c715f9bec7.jpg

Agressor_5.thumb.jpg.a288ce280bac1f4af630c770d4939f8e.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

If done correctly, it would look pretty good. Something like that..

Yea. If done properly legs, hands, etc could be very entertaining in-game.. But as you said..If not interfering with gauges/display readings.

Was thinking about this...in future pits...We will see.

What an ancient game you brought to life on those screens!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yakarov79 said:

What an ancient game you brought to life on those screens!

A fun one indeed!

There are new cockpits for the F16 made by member here,why not ask if you may have copy of it to use....I did for the model im working on using F16 pit as russian copied version....

cant recal who made the pits but just ask im sure the creator will help.

you can animate parts of pilots too...I did in the DC3 cockpit..making feet move with rudder pedals.hawk pit and others.

legs.jpg

• Like 2

Dear colleagues, as I have already said, I am not an expert or a thief, I just asked why I got the 3d max program and I have no idea how it would be done, it was just to play a little with the program. I thought that with the lod file it was possible, but I see from your answers that it cannot. I do not need permission from the creator because I have no idea how to do it. I will expect some knowledgeable charitable soul to perform such an operation.
Greetings to all and thanks for the responses
PD my profession is a doctor from many years ago and I have not stolen nor will I ever steal, I dedicate myself to cure and my hobby is aerial simulators

• Like 2

1 hour ago, russouk2004 said:

There are new cockpits for the F16 made by member here,why not ask if you may have copy of it to use....I did for the model im working on using F16 pit as russian copied version....

cant recal who made the pits but just ask im sure the creator will help.

you can animate parts of pilots too...I did in the DC3 cockpit..making feet move with rudder pedals.hawk pit and others.

the F-16 cockpits for the team viper are made by me , i can add legs but the one i have is from my RF-4E and showing the wrong flightsuit and boots for a F-16, i search textures but they are not working with the legs i have , if you have a better model with the correct flightsuit i can add them in no time

the problem with the arm and hands of the pilot is to get a realy good and detail model , i dont have it , Florian try this with his pilot figure , so the only way is to make a new hig detail pilot figure or to buy a pilot figure but i dont have 200 euros just for pilot figure so you can see arm and hands in the cockpit