Open Club  ·  12 members

Sign in to follow this  
RIBob

Interesting Free Book From Amazon Kindle

Hi, VBH!  I just found this the other night, and thought you might find it interesting.

It's entitled "The Luftwaffe Fighter Force", and comprises immediate post-war interrogations of many higher-ups in the Luftwaffe.  It is not a fighter-pilot's view, but rather an organizational, operational and tactical discussion of the Luftwaffe throughout its' life.  There is some interesting discussion of effective ranges of various Allied and German weapons and aircraft, both currently-used by the Luftwaffe, and some planned to become operational during 1945, had the war lasted longer.

Game and scenario developers, will likely find a good deal of useful information in this book, particularly developers of "What If" scenarios.

A limitation of the book is because of the imprisonment of many of the German "contributors", the Germans were forced to operate from memory, so people reading this book should confirm the information contained within.

Still, for free, there just might be some useful "nuggets".

All the best, RIBob

Thx RiBob,

I think that searches in Google automattically include searching it's own library, as I've seen many quotes from such books. I'll read anything that's free and WWII related though, you never know if any new ideas will spawn from that. Don't really have much interest in ''What If' scenarios but I'm sure other people do.

VBH

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..