Hi al gents.

I thinkk this question was afforded many time, but the last I found dated 2015,so...

I fallen in love with SF2 Korea and want the Banshee,simply. Is the Razbam model still available?

Thanks in advance.

which means "no longer for sale".

It is a nice model, with a good cockpit, but has MAJOR shadow issues. We were promised a fix, but it never happened.

• Sad 1

not even a freeware fsx one that I can see...saying that founs 2 one here

http://www.robertjamesrichardson.co.uk/

and another at Flyawaysimulations...if can prove 100% freeware I can do summat....

this one from robertjames site..its actually rather nice.ignore anim pic oddness...it displays anims all higgledy piggeldy lol

Image4.jpg

Image3.jpg

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 6

I would have loved the shadow fix, but I have enjoyed flying the Razbam F2H-2 for many years despite the flaw. I wish DCS World would give me an F2H-2. But if anyone does a Korean War era Navy jet DCS World, you can be sure it will be an F9F.  I will gladly take an F9F, but I strongly prefer the F2H-2. But until DCS World supports more of the 1950s/1960s fighters that are the heart of the SF series, SF2 is staying on my hard drive.

• Like 1

I use it without shadows, better than nothing.

nLl0Rfx.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 8/7/2020 at 4:28 PM, russouk2004 said:

Is it possible to convert FXS models to SF2?

Edited by Wrench
pleas do NOT quote posts with pictures attached

yep....the DC17 , provost Connie and the Bobcat plus the helos I have done are all fsx or fs2002\4  FS9

have to be careful though that they are not just freeware...but also allowed to be used however...alphasim for example state its ok to do waht you like with their freeware as long as its not made payware or on warez sites....and credits given.

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 2

had this on the backburner since 2016

np1.jpg

np.jpg

• Like 5

19 hours ago, russouk2004 said:

If you're planning what I hope you are then Rob hangs around over at Sim-Outhouse.

He's pretty accommodating to the FSX crowd in that he's tending more and more towards P3d but generally seems willing to do an FSX conversion whenever someone asks.

Fingers crossed he lets you use his birds as a jumping off point as his back catalog is a potential goldmine, several of them I believe have never been done for SF2.

me too (in queue).

there was a very early Banshee around (SF1), basic by any standard of today, but ...

img00115.JPG

• Like 3

oh, you mean the DAT one??? Has lots of issues, least of which are the shapes

Russ, I've got a buttload of reference books ... just tell me when you need them

I got this one from a free website, need work, but i can give it away if anyone volunteers

image.thumb.png.80a147364325883b946d4c8100a7e5db.png

image.thumb.png.3c8b5298d2e6702a71f99c32c4912627.png

image.thumb.png.25a5894f0b5fb29bd5e40d6249fb8a71.png

• Like 2

Quite a terse reply last line quite funny.....I particulrly was amused by the last line...guy seems not very friendly..

"

Should I ever want my models converted to any other format I will do it myself.

All models on my website are my own work and the site is totally funded by myself.

If there is ever a particular aircraft I want, using the freeware programme “Blender”, I assume you know of it, I make it myself!"

even thoughtI explained I make a\c etc....he trying to say ..fuck off poilitely?...lol

oh well I tried.. might email back...That a no then ?...

Edited by russouk2004
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

sounds like a twat.

guess we stick to in house

• Like 1

1 hour ago, russouk2004 said:

Quite a terse reply last line quite funny.....I particulrly was amused by the last line...guy seems not very friendly..

"

Should I ever want my models converted to any other format I will do it myself.

All models on my website are my own work and the site is totally funded by myself.

If there is ever a particular aircraft I want, using the freeware programme “Blender”, I assume you know of it, I make it myself!"

even thoughtI explained I make a\c etc....he trying to say ..fuck off poilitely?...lol

oh well I tried.. might email back...That a no then ?...

For me it sounds very rude to say the least!

Could always clone it tbh lol....if It was me he was asking I would have said more like...

hello.

sorry mate I dont allow my models to be converted,but thanks for asking as its complimentary that you like my model...

if however I change my mind I will let you know...

thanks for asking, and apologies for the refusal...cheers

or such lol  ...I understand his not wanting to allow but could of put better...

anyways...onwards and upwards.

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 2

Best of luck everyone with the Banshee.  I recently bought this book about the Korean Air War naval component for my Kindle: Holding the Line.

It is very hard to find many photos and text on F2H-2 operations in Korea. The F9F was there in greater numbers and the entire time. Whereas the F2H was mostly reserved for the front line defense against the USSR. I have what few books are available. But most of the photos show unarmed F2H-2s over Korea. I have a few photos of them on deck that show some armament, bombs and/or rockets,  but no photos of F2H-2s en route to target with "typical" loadouts, making it impossible to establish what a typical loadout was. From what I have read, I am guessing rockets on the wings and 2 or 4 bombs on the center hard points depending on the size of the bomb, as it could only carry two 500 lb bombs.