Sign in to follow this  
UllyB

Game keep crashing on every map

I wanted to test some distances for some cruise missile and I hooked up a cockpit for the stock Tu22M3. When I tried to order something to the wingman, games keep crashing (in 50% of situations). I thought it's something with the map, but it's the same on every map. I said, well maybe it's something with the stock model. I brought a TU-22M3 from SF1, which basically it's the same model. I modded it and try it. The same thing, game keeps crashing in one of two cases, no matter what map I choose to experiment. Did anyone encounter this situation please ? Any idea what is causing that ? I think maybe it's not the plane itself, maybe it's something I can't pinpoint for now.

PS - I didn't change anything on maps or anything. Also I didn't load new drivers for the graphic board either. For now this is happening with this plane only, the other, included fighters brought from SF1, all work fine.

I tried the Tu-22M3 in SF1 environment, and there there is no such issue.

Edited by UllyB

Is it when you ask your wingman to "attack my target"?

A well known issue in SF2 for BOMBER types.

i can't recall seeing a solution other than to take out the target yourself ; )

• Thanks 1

Replace the "Bomber" for "Attack" imside plane's DATA.INI.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It seems that changing to ATTACk did the trick. I made one mission and told him to attack my target multiple times and game didn't crash. I'll run more tests and let you know if this is the definitive solution. However , it's good to know that this is an issue (Nobody signaled TK for this ?), I didn't know, I am new to SF2 and I am learning the ropes for now and asking a lot of questions until things are clear for me. I hope I won't bother you too much because of that LOL

UPDATE

I ran more ballistic tests and I can confirm now that game won't crash after this changing. Thanks once again for help and ideas.

Edited by UllyB
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, UllyB said:

However , it's good to know that this is an issue (Nobody signaled TK for this ?)

TK has no reason to be bothered by this issue. Bomber aircraft were not meant by him for player use, they are for AI use only. There are more important issues that TK should fix instead.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ATTACK has a completely different mission profile than BOMBER. Leave bombers as bombers. You'll fuck things up changing to the wrong profile. To say nothing of the screwed up formations -- player flown bombers do NOT create mass formations. You get 2 -count 'em- 2 aircraft. You and wingman that's an idiot.

Leave things as they are intended to be.

From the readme "Notes" section of pretty much all the heavy bomber mods that I've done. And nobody around here has done more than me . . . 

PLEASE! Take note of the following, as this is VERY IMPORTANT!!! 
During testing, in game installs at July 2013 patch level -- the only way I could test -- giving your wingman the "attack my target" command causes the game to freeze, then CTD. I don't know if this is a game issue or an aircraft issue.
Meaning: there is something wrong, somewhere, with something. It's doing this with ALL aircraft with a set role of BOMBER. (the B-24s, B-17, RAF Heavies, etc). My suspicion is something in the AI routines has gotten seriously fucked up, someway or another, and is killing the game.

Therefore, it BEHOVES you, the End User (tm) to abso-fucking-lutely follow the advice below. You WILL run into problems; you WILL bitch and moan and gripe and cuss and gods know what else.

so...

LEAVE THESE DAMN AIRCRAFT UNDER CONTROL OF THE GAME'S AI!!!!

'nuff said

12 minutes ago, Wrench said:

ATTACK has a completely different mission profile than BOMBER. Leave bombers as bombers. You'll fuck things up changing to the wrong profile. To say nothing of the screwed up formations -- player flown bombers do NOT create mass formations. You get 2 -count 'em- 2 aircraft. You and wingman that's an idiot.

Leave things as they are intended to be.

From the readme "Notes" section of pretty much all the heavy bomber mods that I've done. And nobody around here has done more than me . . . 

'nuff said

I did that. I didn't touch the A.I. intended planes. I renamed another one for SovietNavy, brought from SF1 and converted, that's all and this one I will use it. But for this one I must change to ATTACK if I want to use it. That's all.

I already knew that. It was a desperate measure. Not such a good advice indeed.

• Like 1