Sign in to follow this  
Spinners

B-42A Mixmaster for Strike Fighters 2

B-42A Mixmaster for Strike Fighters 2

Douglas B-42A Mixmaster for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2 

This is the B-42 Mixmaster by veltro2k with some fictional 'in service' operational USAAF/USAF B-42A schemes using Third Wire's date switch to give you the USAAF starbar in 1944 to 1947 and then the USAF starbar (and nation name) from 1948 onwards. You can fly the prototype in 1944 and for gameplay reasons we've placed it in service from 1945 onwards with service years allowing for use in the Korean War (check out the night scheme) and all operational schemes have new nose art decals.

The unique feature of the B-42 is, of course, it's twin bubble canopies and this caused some problems when 'in cockpit' as panning to starboard cannot accurately show a real world view of the right-hand canopy, the co-pilot and his cockpit so it's a bit of a compromise which we trust you will accept. If anyone can suggest any improvements in the cockpit view then let us know.

It's likely some of you will want to do your own skins for favourite squadrons or perhaps for export versions so a template is included and we'd love to see your results!

The B-42A Mixmaster is brought to you by;

B-42 3D Model - veltro2k

B-42A Skins/Decals - Spinners

B-42A FM and ini's - Wrench

INSTRUCTIONS

1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the B-42A folder into your Aircraft folder.

2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the B-42A folder into your Decals folder.

3. From the WEAPONS folder drag and drop the enclosed folders into your Weapons folder.

4. From the SOUNDS folder drag and drop the enclosed sound file into your Sounds folder.

That's it!

CREDITS

As always, thanks to Third Wire for a great little game/sim.

Huge thanks to veltro2k for not only tackling this aircraft but also cranking in improvements along the way.

Thanks to russouk2004 for his help with the 3D model.

Thanks also to Capun for the Do-335 used as the damaged model. 

Thanks to Wrench for his work on the flight model and ini work.

And, finally, thanks to everyone in the wider Third Wire community.

Regards 

Spinners

Version 1 - 21/08/2020

• Like 2

any chance for a B-43 Jetmaster, given it was one of the mid 40s airframes that became a jet by switching powerplants?

You'll need to direct that to veltro2k but it's not as similar to the Mixmaster as some folk might think (meaning it's almost a start from scratch job). 

Love it but one archive is missing. The image1.tga.

2 hours ago, Wilches said:

Love it but one archive is missing. The image1.tga.

Thanks.

Actually all the tga's are there but we changed a mesh name quite late in the day. Mue's Viewer shows the decal but it doesn't appear in game.

Try this for decals 11 & 12

[Decal011]
MeshName=FwdFuselage
DecalLevel=2
DecalFacing=LEFT
FilenameFormat=B-42A/Prototype/NoseNum
Position=7.000,-0.225
Scale=0.6
DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal012]
MeshName=FwdFuselage
DecalLevel=2
DecalFacing=RIGHT
FilenameFormat=B-42A/Prototype/NoseNum
Position=7.000,-0.225
Scale=0.6
DecalMaxLOD=3

Thanks Spinner, but download the pack and install again to check. The nose is not mapped and the image1.tga is really missed.

Gents, I would like to apologize about my appointments above. I was reinstalling all my games so I tested the B-42 in LodViewer. This morning I did all the installs and rush to see if the B-42 is ok. Inside the game the plane is perfect and flawless. I don´t know what causes the strange anomalies in LodViewer that led me to this wrong opinion. Sorry!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Wilches said:

Gents, I would like to apologize about my appointments above. I was reinstalling all my games so I tested the B-42 in LodViewer. This morning I did all the installs and rush to see if the B-42 is ok. Inside the game the plane is perfect and flawless. I don´t know what causes the strange anomalies in LodViewer that led me to this wrong opinion. Sorry!

No problem my friend. 

• Like 1