Stratos

Paveway Mini-Toss? F-111 maneuver

Found this article about F-111 GBU usage, and I tried to replicate it in SF2 without luck, bombs lose the laser track and miss. Anyone know If is possible to replicate this maneuver in SF2 and how to properly do it in the game?

MiniToss.jpg

This was also bread and butter for the USAF Block 40/42 F-16C community with the LANTIRN system and Paveway III bombs. F-16 tactic was to toss the LGB from low level and then turn 90 degrees to laser the target. Unfortunately it doesn't work in SF2 very well. Try less aggressive maneuvering and with the GBU-24

You could copy this and paste this in your data ini down in the area where counter measures and ecm are located at,, also works in B-52 and A-6,, you can also dial back the Camera FOV= 0.500000 or what ever you like

// Electronic Pods ----------------------------------   

[LANTIRN]
SystemType=LASER_DESIGNATOR
ModelNodeName=AN/AAQ-14
CameraFOV=2.500000
SightTexture=avq23sight1.tga
CameraPosition=-0.800000,0.125000,-1.00000
CameraYaw=0.000000
CameraPitch=0.000000
CameraRoll=0.000000
EODisplayFlags=268697600
SeekerRange=30.000000
SeekerGimbleLimit=360.000000    
SearchFOV=5.000000
SearchTexture=avq23sight2.tga

[TV]
SystemType=EO_CAMERA
ModelNodeName=AN/AAQ-13
CameraFOV=2.500000
CameraPosition=8.000000,0.125000,-1.000000
CameraYaw=0.000000
CameraPitch=0.000000
CameraRoll=0.000000
EODisplayFlags=268697600
SeekerRange=30.000000

Ah Ok, I need to open the bay. Any way to increase the Zoom?

43 minutes ago, Stratos said:

Ah Ok, I need to open the bay. Any way to increase the Zoom?

I know I backed it off to see hits better.

TV]
SystemType=EO_CAMERA
ModelNodeName=AN/AAQ-13
CameraFOV=2.500000        <----------------------------------------you can add or minus this to get the view you desire I backed mine off to   0.5000000
CameraPosition=8.000000,0.125000,-1.000000
CameraYaw=0.000000
CameraPitch=0.000000
CameraRoll=0.000000
EODisplayFlags=268697600
SeekerRange=30.000000

You can't do anything with the Laser Designator as it just shows the target in the TV screen, that's it. It has no functionality. It does however zoom in when you're in range but you don't control that either, it's automatic

2 hours ago, EricJ said:

You can't do anything with the Laser Designator as it just shows the target in the TV screen, that's it. It has no functionality. It does however zoom in when you're in range but you don't control that either, it's automatic

Long time no see,, I ripped the above out of the F15E,, plus I put the avionics out of the A-7k,, into the B-52 ,,F-111G ,, the A-6 ,B-1 and the F-105G with out the TV for realism sake ,, with the B-52 I load up with dumb bombs and a couple LGBs so the TV will lock on to the target ,, mine you I'm bombing from 30,000 ft I can use the ccip or radar depending on what model I'm flying ,,  but you have to have some kind of sight to line up on the waypoint or you aren't going to hit anything with dumb bombs

Got the Zoom to my taste, now is really fun to fly the F-111 over Tripoli.

12 minutes ago, yubba said:

Long time no see,, I ripped the above out of the F15E,, plus I put the avionics out of the A-7k,, into the B-52 ,,F-111G ,, the A-6 ,B-1 and the F-105G with out the TV for realism sake ,, with the B-52 I load up with dumb bombs and a couple LGBs so the TV will lock on to the target ,, mine you I'm bombing from 30,000 ft I can use the ccip or radar depending on what model I'm flying ,,  but you have to have some kind of sight to line up on the waypoint or you aren't going to hit anything with dumb bombs

I usually just fly with aircraft that has a TV screen or MFD with a display (more of the modern jets nowadays, when I fly though. But I've been more lurking now as I just don't have much motivation to do anything. Besides I'm working on some things outside of here so I'm focused on that too.

gallery_65462_1058_3037.jpg

5 hours ago, EricJ said:

That's how it is done at 30,000ft,, can watch a few hits on the TV until lock is lost. but you have to have an LGB on board Mavericks don't work well

Edited by yubba

Just now, EricJ said:

I usually just fly with aircraft that has a TV screen or MFD with a display (more of the modern jets nowadays, when I fly though. But I've been more lurking now as I just don't have much motivation to do anything. Besides I'm working on some things outside of here so I'm focused on that too.

I'm back here because of the limitation of my computer,, I did manage to upload a PT 109  I reworked for SH-4 at Subsim.com and I run that a bit,, I was working on Falcon 4 till my game box crapped out,, I really miss IL-2 1946 ,,, but we have the best fleet of B-52s here at Strike Fighters than any where in the game world

1 hour ago, yubba said:

That's how it is done at 30,000ft,, can watch a few hits on the TV until lock is lost. but you have to have and LGB on board Mavericks don't work well

I see, I usually level bomb around 10,000ft or so, or around that altitude, though I do it in a Super Hornet vs. a B-52 as well.

1 hour ago, EricJ said:

I see, I usually level bomb around 10,000ft or so, or around that altitude, though I do it in a Super Hornet vs. a B-52 as well.

You edit this little jewel into your aircraft DATA ini and your wing and flight will stay at a set altitude and will not dive at target when you order them to attack your target 

[LevelBombAI]                                                                  goes in toward the top under flight control/commands you can change values this came out of the B-52D
ReleaseAlt=9144.0
ReleaseCount=27
ReleaseInterval=0.1

I'll keep it in mind